Two Mode Game Suggestion....(Again)

• Please log in to reply
445 replies to this topic

Texthor #381 Posted 09 September 2018 - 12:32 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 7 battles

Pre 2.0.....when it was a REAL game.........

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #382 Posted 09 September 2018 - 12:49 AM

Captain

• 915 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I could teach Victor to bowhunt here in Tennessee...

it's fun... hehe

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Psicko23 #383 Posted 09 September 2018 - 01:47 AM

First Lieutenant

• 22 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
I know its not going to happen, but I would definitely play a 1.4 version that was upgraded with all the planes that they had in 1.9. 

Psicko23 #384 Posted 09 September 2018 - 01:48 AM

First Lieutenant

• 22 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostTexthor, on 08 September 2018 - 04:32 PM, said:

Pre 2.0.....when it was a REAL game.........

even with those superman ground attack planes they had back then? 

soshootmenow #385 Posted 09 September 2018 - 03:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 32 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 08 September 2018 - 11:58 PM, said:

Good luck.

tbh, I'd be more interested in making m own game then investing anymore time in this one.

I hear you focke. I have done a general/cursory examination of the necessary steps for such an endeavor (I have actually been going over that for a while). Although the implementation, hosting, maintenance, communications, support, and infrastructure are 'technically' possible/conceivable the major stumbling block in such a strategy is the design & development costs which would be prohibitive to say the least. If we were just trying to make some el-cheapo-cartoon-joke sort of game that could be played on a phone and get idiots to pay money for it (really....no reference to how things are now....../sarc) it would not be all that expensive per se to do it. But with this type of game the largest initial main expenditures would be primarily designing and implementing a polished game and secondarily (to a much lesser degree) the necessary level of hosting capability & communications speed that is required for real time multiplayer gameplay.

Additionally, that primary heavy cost is all 'up front' and the development/testing/debugging would be substantially time consuming. I have not been able to see a path for success with this. If someone else has a way along this line speak up please.

Also, focke, I left you an action message on the super-secret-societies-super-secret-communications-channel. At this point I think we need to implement that phase.

Edited by soshootmenow, 09 September 2018 - 03:30 PM.

Texthor #386 Posted 09 September 2018 - 06:09 PM

• 7 battles

View PostPsicko23, on 08 September 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

even with those superman ground attack planes they had back then?

you mean back when it took NO skill......to win in an IL.........

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #387 Posted 09 September 2018 - 08:20 PM

Captain

• 915 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostTexthor, on 09 September 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

you mean back when it took NO skill......to win in an IL.........

in about 30-40 years I'm going down to Texas with a can of spray paint...

go into a graveyard and paint on someones headstone:

"it takes no skill to lie here"

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

soshootmenow #388 Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 32 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

In continued efforts by ever increasing members of this forum and through back channels.....we now have additional (and very substantial) resources that could be made available to us. This is in the EU and could be extremely useful should a licensed version type or an expansion of an existing license be necessary to achieve our goals here. Please see the partial quote from a contributors message that I received below. This is simply great news!

i have my own servers clusters hosted in european datacenter. a friend of me and clan member have its own datacenter too..

so if you need help with hosting/servers we can be helpful. (community effort)

best regards.

soshootmenow #389 Posted 19 September 2018 - 03:50 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 32 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

Evening All. I have been poking around on making a business plan for KZ. This is proving to be difficult. Fortunately.....I can now incorporate the now available resources in the EU for a Datacenter and webhosting (which although a wonderful and VERY welcome addition....does actually complicate how to present this). That is already on top of the existing complications of user usage/battles/whether or not to have it as prem acct/pay as you go/only for the additions or use the existing business model for 1.9.4 that they have/actual-projected-and-available user populations (population/geographic density is a serious consideration given the Chinese demographics will vary extensively for the EU and RU.....let alone the considerations for the NA.)

This could possibly affect their current business model for any additional regions.

The resources that fellow contributors have brought to my attention and made available most certainly DO provide an existing/available infrastructure that a game model could be expanded into really does help in solving several different real-world/business issues that would have to be addressed no matter what. It has alleviated several layers of legaleze & negotiations (and therefore effort and time) to be able to bring the desired outcome forth. But that on its own does not address the rather hefty scope of what needs to be done here. But 'hefty' in NO way translates to anything approaching 'impossible' in this case. So the more help.....the better.

There has been no answer for the WG CEO message that I have sent him (was not really expecting one although it feels like he is being somewhat....foolish....repeating a mistake he most clearly and (I thought) sincerely stated he did not want to repeat.).

I have basically given up on getting any worthwhile reply from him (or even just the standard form letter from his staff) in regards to assisting us. That's alright. Given the plethora of previous actions (or lack thereof) across multiple games it is not exactly coming across as a 'shocker' from these guys for those of us that have been around for more than a year.

I have not dismissed any possibilities yet but regardless, I will simply shift gears and pursue an already existing path.

Edited by soshootmenow, 19 September 2018 - 05:55 AM.

soshootmenow #390 Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 32 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

Evening All,

In the background I have requested any information on the scalable costs of running a licensed copy of the game starting in the EU, RU, or possibly both. This is from my EU contacts and their very generous offer of help. If this appears feasible (which given the interest here alone I believe it will be) I will incorporate this into the business plan. Having an existing ready-to-go datacenter and network support structure would be an immense help as well as a time/cost saving benefit.

Texthor #391 Posted 22 September 2018 - 12:27 AM

• 7 battles

There are many, including myself that would spend a large amount of money on a game that resembles the pre 2.0 game of World of Flying Tanks  !!!!! 

It Took NO Skill.....to win in an IL

trikke #392 Posted 22 September 2018 - 12:43 PM

First Lieutenant

• 3064 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i would join up because i do love the game, but it wouldn't be my main flyer...   

EU pings weren't much of a problem in alpha

starting over from scratch might be an issue      i've done that once before here, and it wasn't that bad, just not as much fun as i thought it was

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

CorvusCorvax #393 Posted 22 September 2018 - 05:07 PM

Captain

• 3124 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Posttrikke, on 22 September 2018 - 12:43 PM, said:

i would join up because i do love the game, but it wouldn't be my main flyer...   

EU pings weren't much of a problem in alpha

starting over from scratch might be an issue      i've done that once before here, and it wasn't that bad, just not as much fun as i thought it was

Yeah, three things about a 1.x reboot would prevent me from playing said reboot.

1.  Ping.  If I am only going to get 250-300ms ping times to a server who knows where, I'd rather not play.  Even with client-side prediction, 300ms is a bit much for good gameplay.

2.)  Regrinding everything from T1?  No thanks.

3.)  Pay to play?  For all that I like to play this game and hang out with the players, I'm not interested in buying a subscription or paying for flight time.  Pay to win is arguable - I can buy premiums, or not, and still have fun.  If I didn't have my Gobling, would I still play as much?  Yes.  But I like to have the choice.

jack_wdw #394 Posted 22 September 2018 - 09:28 PM

• 1818 battles
I'd rather pay to play 1.9 than play this one for free.

I wouldn't even care to regrind, but I suppose that some crowdfund packages would give you a selection of premium birds.
Playing from EU on US server, i've mostly got 70-120 ping, i suppose it would be more or less the same the other way round.

Edited by jack_wdw, 22 September 2018 - 09:29 PM.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #395 Posted 26 September 2018 - 06:46 PM

Captain

• 915 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postjack_wdw, on 22 September 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

I'd rather pay to play 1.9 than play this one for free.

I wouldn't even care to regrind, but I suppose that some crowdfund packages would give you a selection of premium birds.
Playing from EU on US server, i've mostly got 70-120 ping, i suppose it would be more or less the same the other way round.

I would say that without a doubt I would play the v1.9 exclusively, no doubt

yep, I'd keep my old account in hopes WG or some other company would fix the game from the crap that it is...

funny things happen over time... hehe

SkyWolf__WM #396 Posted 26 September 2018 - 10:12 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5701 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
The game is still fun. You just need to learn how to play it. 
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

CorvusCorvax #397 Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:46 PM

Captain

• 3124 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 26 September 2018 - 10:12 PM, said:

The game is still fun. You just need to learn how to play it. 

It's not the same kind of fun.  It's different fun.  As I have said (several times), I like both versions, but for different reasons.  Each has its own plusses and minuses.  Maybe I am strange in that I don't prefer one version over the other - I would play either one.  But I wouldn't pay for a subscription to either one.  Neither game is good enough to pay on an ongoing basis.  Pay once for software to access?  Hmmm, maybe, depending on the price point.  A low entry fee with microtransactions?  Maybe.  A higher up-front fee, but I unlock all the aircraft available right away?  Again, maybe.  

But never, ever, will I pay a subscription to play any sort of combat game, FPS shoot-em-up like Battlefield or Counterstrike, or arcade flight game, or combat flight sim.

yyt_hero #398 Posted 29 September 2018 - 09:13 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6980 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

Well like I said before they do not care! they have there game the way they want it and if you don't like it to bad. I have been on here since 2013 and they have never tried to fix it  they would do some things but never what the game really needed. They have gamers like me and you who play who spend money because we like the game and they know it.I'ts never going to be a game that everyone is satisfied with Just enjoy the game the way it is and every now and then they will throw us a bone.Maybe one day they will surprise us but don't hold your breath. they have something good but they are not interested in making the game any better because they are paying there bills and buying sports cars. Just go with the flow relax have fun and if that don't work complain about the game their is plenty wrong with it.

Edited by yyt_hero, 29 September 2018 - 09:22 AM.

soshootmenow #399 Posted 29 September 2018 - 09:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 32 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

At this time I would like to take a moment and say a very sincere.....Thankyou!!.....to all who have put in so much effort and time or have shown so much interest in order to help with bringing about a version of the game that everyone could enjoy.

This thread has reached what I interpret as a milestone. It has now surpassed 10,000 views in just a few short months. I consider this to be especially significant given that the main core of contributors is actually quite few in number and in no way could account for anything even remotely approaching this number of views. It has also been a HOT topic since day one, has also been on the first page of the forum continuously since day one, and now ranks among some of the very top threads for views generated in a very short time.

What I started with the simple thoughts of nothing more than using some common sense and providing an actual workable solution that would both appeal and function for all parties involved has grown... far .... beyond anything I was hoping for in terms of speed, interest, and support. And has now basically taken on a life of its own.

And I have all of you to thank for that.

I am both humbled and honored.

Thankyou.

trikke #400 Posted 30 September 2018 - 01:51 PM

First Lieutenant

• 3064 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
congrats, brother!
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users