• Please log in to reply
445 replies to this topic

mnbv_fockewulfe #161 Posted 05 July 2018 - 02:16 AM

Captain

• 609 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
found this tidbit
http://forum.worldof...07#entry2755107

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

soshootmenow #162 Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:16 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 32 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

Hi focke,

Not sure what I should be looking at. What I translated so far looks like it is talking about the mechanics for critical damage on modules. Which entry are you referring to?

mnbv_fockewulfe #163 Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:43 PM

Captain

• 609 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
this part

View PostGopher_Patrol (03 Jul 2018 - 14:33) wrote:

Good afternoon!

Tell me please, is it really the case that the Chinese segment of the game refused to upgrade to version 2.0?

Kind. No, he did not really refuse. 

mnbv_fockewulfe #164 Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:57 PM

Captain

• 609 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

for reference purposes

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.eu/index.php?/topic/50440-wowp-v194-on-chinese-server/page__hl__%2Bchinese+%2Bserver__fromsearch__1

soshootmenow #165 Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 32 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

Nice work focke. That information could be very helpful.

Also the other info in the threads seems to verify most of the things we actually know and some more of what we suspect.

MAJ_Radmo #166 Posted 08 July 2018 - 02:07 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1278 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&sp=nmt4&u=http://wowp.kongzhong.com/downloads/&xid=17259,15700023,15700124,15700149,15700168,15700186,15700190,15700201,15700208&usg=ALkJrhjaWbJZFedbJWZnOIwPwmUP3iqWVg

Hi all .. Good news , the Chinese server has the 1.9 gameplay for world of warplanes. All you have to do is download the Microsoft Chinese translator, I did speak to some of the players and told them what happened with the 2.0 and how they switch the game mode they told me that was utterly disgusting of what they did to us, and that the Chinese would not allow this to happen on their servers, this is actually going around the world ,, as to how world of warplanes Stuck it up everyone's [edited]and cheated us out of our mode of game play  Forcing us to buy something or pay for something that we didn't want ... This is going to be a thorn on world of warplanes side unless they bring back the 1.9 or added as a game mode,, the Chinese told me that all they have to do is add the server to the existing  Game that we are playing now the crappy 2.0 .. Which is nothing more than a crappy video PlayStation game !
Sincerely yours there's always another way to skin a cat ! Sorry world of warplanes but you need to get your heads out of your behind's ! We told you in the test servers not to change the mode of play now this is all over the World Wide Web as to how you stuck it to the American players also the Russians and the Europeans ! You're building up a really good reputation right now ! If you want to good example as to how to run a server and a game look at world of warships ! You owe everyone from world of warplanes and apology and you owe us the 1.9 gameplay as a game mode something that we paid for ! MAJ_Radmo Cmdr. of the 335th fighter squadron,

Edited by MAJ_Radmo, 08 July 2018 - 02:09 PM.

mnbv_fockewulfe #167 Posted 08 July 2018 - 04:34 PM

Captain

• 609 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
I can't tell you how comforting it is to hear that, do have any more information from the players on the chinese server?

Edited by mnbv_fockewulfe, 08 July 2018 - 06:47 PM.

soshootmenow #168 Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 32 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

Thankyou Radmo!

You saved me the trouble of running an initial test on this. If I can get the thing to load correctly I want to try some tests regarding ping and fps. I have fios gigabit connection so I will try to run some speed tests when I get some time. My pc is an older gaming PC. Wireless card is just a 2.4ghz so it is limited in speed but the RJ45 connection is not so I can run tests with both. My PC has Win 7 (I despise forced updates because Micro$oft dictates that is what is 'good for me' on a product I paid money to purchase nevermind the big brother $hit they pull with my info on Win 10), 16Gb RAM, and an old NVidia 460M card. If it can run decently on this it should run fine on almost anything else.

Radmo, if you don't mind I will talk to you separately regarding some of the download and setup steps you did. It might do everyone a good service if we put together a basic step by step instruction list that can be posted here for those that may not know.

Did you run any battles? How was your ping and fps? Can your birds come over or do we have to start from scratch?

Next on the list for everyone is how can we expand this to make WG understand that we want 1.9 back here as an additional mode?

On that note I am leaning more towards bringing this thread on to new one's (with links to here) on the EU and RU forums.

Thoughts anyone?

MAJ_Radmo #169 Posted 09 July 2018 - 12:44 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1278 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

MAJ_Radmo #170 Posted 09 July 2018 - 12:48 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1278 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

world of war planes get your heads out of your asses and wake up   ! ! !!  this is not going away .....   !!!!  its all over face book as well ...  !!!

jack_wdw #171 Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:22 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2084 battles

china server has +500ms ping.
Unplayable for me and most other parts of the world.

I'm also very suspicious in connecting to any chinese server.

CorvusCorvax #172 Posted 09 July 2018 - 02:46 PM

Captain

• 4225 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postjack_wdw, on 09 July 2018 - 09:22 AM, said:

china server has +500ms ping.
Unplayable for me and most other parts of the world.

I'm also very suspicious in connecting to any chinese server.

For me it had a 400+ms ping, and some times spiked to 1500ms.   At T1, against all bots, I could do acceptably.  But if a human was there, I was dead meat.  I didn't even try to tier up.  It was an interesting waste of a couple of hours of download, install, and test time, but in the end, it was a sad end.  I suppose if the Chinese could be talked into a West Coast server...

mnbv_fockewulfe #173 Posted 09 July 2018 - 08:09 PM

Captain

• 609 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Hold on a sec

Block Quote

Hello everybody! 

My question, like many who started to play in the old 1.xz which, got to the 2 stages of the test and had their own, as it turned out, very objective opinion that you need to leave both games, sounds a bit nagging at your thoughts and a fair, bitter truth.

WG vacancies are in China. Of course you can scratch without tired, but the fact is - in China there is something that we need to play, as before, it turns out that the game is sold ??

Therefore, there can not be a return to it? 

The question was voiced, the respected developers answer officially - the return is impossible because of the sale of the software product or is it a license for a while to make the game more popular?

To then surprise everyone?http://forum.worldofwarplanes.ru/index.php?/topic/98161-%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%B5%D0%BC%D1%83-%D0%BC%D1%8B-%D0%BD%D0%B5-%D0%B8%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B5%D0%BC/

soshootmenow #174 Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:49 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 32 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

Thankyou Radmo for the update on the conditions.

I will try to find some time this weekend or next to run some stress tests against my fios gigabit connection to see if there is any option to make this playable as is.

Do not hold me to that at this time All, please. My gf is getting some surgery (nothing drastic or threatening, buuuuutttt.....) so I have to take care of her for the next few weeks.

Time might be in short supply for a little while with me.

focke.......The link you provided translates to this page cannot be displayed error and similar responses. Including the title. Please let us know what was the original subject matter you found for the link/thread.

At this point it might be better to bring this topic live onto the EU and RU servers with a link back here. If they cannot comment on this forum they can still read it and comment on the threads you start on both of those forums.

Time for some reinforcements. Two continent level scale reinforcements.

Please do not go wild....but a measured and escalating level of.....'commitment' and 'pressure'......might be in order at this juncture.

Corvus!!!!????........ Surprised to see you here. Thankyou for the update on your test results and thankyou for this helpful and constructive contribution in this matter. An expanded license version (as a possible alternative) for another server is very much in line with my some of my thoughts here.

Please update regarding any specifics you are willing or able to provide as to provider/carrier, level of service, regional location, PC options and specs, etc..... in relation to upload/download capabilities and speed so we can start to build a performance/spec comparison model for at least verifiable basic reference purposes.

Radmo, same request, please update any and all of the same info for what you have available.

Thankyou All again for your insights, efforts, and hard work in this matter on behalf of all those (most certainly including us) who would benefit. Please keep up the good work All!!!

I could not be more proud of everyone who has stood up, refused to accept a (now obviously forced, fake) status-quo, contributed, or even just followed this thread/subject.

Edited by soshootmenow, 10 July 2018 - 04:11 AM.

trikke #175 Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:08 AM

Captain

• 3512 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

absolutely no disrespect intended...  you guys are working hard together to fix a problem, and that's both rare and commendable 

this entire thread reminds me a little bit of the five stages of grief...   i can plainly see the different stages as i paged through the posts

except for the 'acceptance' stage, there's no sign of that one

edit:  no irony or snarky comment here... truly, just know that we support you in your journey

Edited by trikke, 10 July 2018 - 10:29 AM.

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

jack_wdw #176 Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:08 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2084 battles
Don't think it's really grieving.
It's more like believing someone will awake from a coma.

The source code is not dead, it is still out there.
The chinese bought the 1.9.4 sourcecode and put it online at their server.
Hopefully we can see 1.9 awake on a more accessible server somewhere, without this filthy WG-needle in its arm.
The only real issue they need to address is the stalling bot behaviour (make the bots aware of each other and especially their own altitude restrictions. If they notice that they have a numerical advantage, let them fly in defensive circles at low or mid altitude over their own GAA, )

mnbv_fockewulfe #177 Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:20 PM

Captain

• 609 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Yeah the thread got deleted. 

I don't think it got more than a few posts of response. Not all that important except that he said that "WG sold the 1.9 game to China"

Which if true, means they can do what they want with it.

Maybe even set up an NA server.

CorvusCorvax #178 Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:13 PM

Captain

• 4225 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postsoshootmenow, on 10 July 2018 - 03:49 AM, said:

Corvus!!!!????........ Surprised to see you here. 

[facepalm]

Yeah, well, if you took a break from trying to be witty and actually READ WHAT I WROTE instead of inventing idiotic positions for me to defend, you might have gotten a bit of a clue as to how I felt about the issue.  

I told you, repeatedly, that I would be happy playing either version of the game, and actually like both, but for different reasons.  I like the new version because of the strategic angle.  The idea has some promise, even if the implementation is wretched.  But unless there is some way to get on a server somewhere that is not half-way around the planet from me, it seem unlikely that this particular version of WoWP will be a viable alternative.  Maybe you could get the license rights to it, but that also seems unlikely - Wargaming wouldn't sign off on allowing a previous version of its own game to compete with a current version of that same game.  The Chinese may own that copy and that version, but I don't see how it's not an intellectual property issue in all the other markets WG runs WoWP in.  The contract you can see is probably not the only contract that exists.

Even if you could bootleg it and set up a server here, I'm guessing WG lawyer boots would land on your neck in less than 150ms.  Or you might just get a bit of Novichok on your doorknob one night.

In any case, I was curious for my own sake to see if it would be possible to play the game from the U.S. west coast.  And the answer is that it is possible, especially during low-traffic time.  But the experience is even less fun that trying to solo a garrison in a Yak-3 with 50% HP.  And if there is a human opposing you, and they are actually in Asia, even if you are a high-time pilot that can wring the best stuff out of your bird, you will get shot down.  Ping spikes up to 1500ms make the game completely unplayable.

CorvusCorvax #179 Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:21 PM

Captain

• 4225 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postjack_wdw, on 10 July 2018 - 01:08 PM, said:

Don't think it's really grieving.
It's more like believing someone will awake from a coma.

The source code is not dead, it is still out there.
The chinese bought the 1.9.4 sourcecode and put it online at their server.

It is very unlikely that the Russians would allow the Chinese to run a previous version of their game anywhere but in a very restricted area.  IOW, yeah, you can have this version of the game, but you may not set up servers outside of this geographical area, nor may you compete with our game in the other worldwide markets.  The version may belong to the Chinese, but I have a very difficult time believing that the ownership of that version is unlimited or unrestricted.  I don't think this patient is going to awake from the coma.  I think what we have here is a persistent vegetative state, and that there will come a point where folks finally figure out that they have to pull the plug.  That point has not yet arrived.

soshootmenow #180 Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:51 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 32 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

Corvus.....I was actually being most specifically and respectfully very sincere.

I was surprised to see you here because I had asked you to no longer post on this thread due to the relentless confrontational and derogatory nature of your comments against any and every single person and idea that the contributors posted here.

I can assure you, with the most reasonable certainty, that simply....everyone....everywhere....knows precisely what your position and opinion is on this matter.

You have made that most abundantly......clear.

As I have stated before you have gone far beyond the (very acceptable) role of 'devils advocate' here.

Your post regarding the tests you ran was helpful and actually well received by me and I hope others. I actually thought you came back and were willing to try a new cooperative and helpful tac on this matter.

I was actually impressed and thought I had, with sincere intent, very politely and respectfully, replied back.

Then you misinterpreted or simply deliberately decided to misinterpret my single few word phrase that you quoted and began....yet again....with your-nose-in-the-air-chip-on-your-shoulder-looking-for-an-argument-holier-than-thou-and-all-the-rest attitude and began attacking me and others with unfounded and baseless accusations that are far more accurately applied to yourself.

If you wish to assist us, you and your critique's (as well as required and substantive proposed solutions) are welcome here (No, you may not simply criticize everyone's ideas without putting forth one's of your own that work towards the proposals in this thread).

But be nice and be willing to help with the spirit and helpful intent of the ideas and ideals here. 

If you are unwilling and/or unable to do those things on a PERMANTLY CONSISTENT basis.....then...since you did not get the message before, let me rephrase in terms you will understand because I am getting tired of going out of my way to be understanding and polite to someone who abusively takes advantage of that and thinks it is 'OK'.

It is not.

SHUT YOUR GO**AMN PRETTY-BOY-SNOT-NOSED-B*TCH-*SS MOUTH UP AND GO SOME F***ING PLACE ELSE.

START YOUR OWN EFFING THREAD OF UNHELPFUL DREAD FAILURE AND DOOM INSULTING & DEMEANING OF ANY PERSON AND ANY IDEA THAT IS DIFFERENT THAN YOURS. NOT THAT YOU HAVE PUT FORTH MUCH AT ALL IN THAT REGARD. ONLY WHAT CANNOT BE DONE.

SUPERSTAR.

MAKE IT AS POPULAR AS YOU ARE ABLE.

WHATEVER.

Is THAT simple enough for you to understand you F***-ING SH&TL&RD!!!???

GROW THE EFF UP OR GTFO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users