Two Mode Game Suggestion....(Again)

• Please log in to reply
438 replies to this topic

CorvusCorvax #421 Posted 13 October 2018 - 04:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1696 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Postsoshootmenow, on 13 October 2018 - 03:12 AM, said:

The sad part is.......you have a brain.......you could have actually helped if you had tried. But it appears that it is just not in you.

No, I chose not to help.  Not because the idea isn't interesting, or worthwhile.  But because the effort is being led by a self-important fool who has zero leadership abilities, and zero sales skills.

Really, all you have is nothing more than complaints.  That's it.  It's not about me, bro, no matter how much you want it to be.

soshootmenow #422 Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

And yet.....you are here.

You chose not to help....*shrugs shoulders....OK.....don't help. Heck....don't be here. Whatever.

Trust me. No....one....here.....wants it to be....or thinks that it is....about you. Except yourself.

So what is your worthwhile productive purpose here? Other than complaining about us, trying to shoot down every effort, trying to troll every commentator here endlessly, and producing basically nothing except projecting your actions (or lack thereof) on others.

See page 1. A proposed solution is not a complaint. Stating a fact that what they are doing is not responsive to their customers is not a complaint. Stating another fact that what they are doing is not working is not a complaint.....I could go on....

We will try to soldier on as best we can without you. Good luck in your other.....(endeavors???....Sorry. Best polite word I could think of for what you actually do).

trikke #423 Posted 13 October 2018 - 03:30 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2426 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 13 October 2018 - 12:38 AM, said:

But because the effort is being led by a self-important fool who has zero leadership abilities, and zero sales skills.

seems a bit too harsh to me, and that's not really you... because he's worked very hard on this very uphill battle, and it doesn't look like it's coming anytime soon

really, he's been the most methodical proponent of any major game change in wowp history

i think i wished for gold bombs twice in posts, and they appeared magically quickly, so i can't comprehend what SSMN is feeling now

i would get a little snippy too, if someone teased me about it, so please everyone... don't get personally offended by any posts anywhere?

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

CorvusCorvax #424 Posted 13 October 2018 - 06:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1696 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Posttrikke, on 13 October 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

seems a bit too harsh to me, and that's not really you... because he's worked very hard on this very uphill battle, and it doesn't look like it's coming anytime soon

really, he's been the most methodical proponent of any major game change in wowp history

i think i wished for gold bombs twice in posts, and they appeared magically quickly, so i can't comprehend what SSMN is feeling now

i would get a little snippy too, if someone teased me about it, so please everyone... don't get personally offended by any posts anywhere?

See, here's the funny thing:

He thinks that this sort of verbiage directed toward the developers will have some effect.  And oddly, takes offense when the very same sort of verbiage is directed at him.

This is known as "irony".

A proponent of change either works within the system to change it, crushes the system to eliminate it, or creates a new system to supplant it.  If one wishes to have every option open for change, you don't publicly berate the owners of the system when that is the most logical, most simple, and least expensive route for change.  It's also likely to be slow, because change in a mature system happens slowly.  But it DOES happen.  Your request is proof. Also, we no longer need to win in order to advance to specialized (but we still need to win to get upgrade parts.)  These changes were suggested in a constructive and polite manner, and change did occur.  Yes, small changes.  But it proves that the developers are indeed listening to us.  So, if they are listening, you can bet that they also hear how "stupid" they have been.  This is not a likely path to persuasion.  In fact, people often dig in their heels *in spite of good ideas* when they are presented poorly.  It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

I decided to hold up a mirror.  If ssmn doesn't like what he sees, it that on me?  My answer to that question is "no."

CorvusCorvax #425 Posted 13 October 2018 - 06:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1696 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Postsoshootmenow, on 13 October 2018 - 02:43 PM, said:

And yet.....you are here.

Yup, I am a forum member, and the posts are public, so yes, here I am.

You chose not to help....*shrugs shoulders....OK.....don't help. Heck....don't be here. Whatever.

Luckily, that isn't your call to make.  You could start your own website, and start your own forum.  When you own the site, you control the content.  If you don't, well...

Trust me. No....one....here.....wants it to be....or thinks that it is....about you. Except yourself.

You enjoy being wrong.  Well, you might not enjoy it, but you do seem to be wrong, and often.  Here again, you are wrong.  I think it's all about you.  Not 1.x.  Not WoWP.

So what is your worthwhile productive purpose here?

Currently, to hold up a mirror.

Other than complaining about us, trying to shoot down every effort, trying to troll every commentator here endlessly, and producing basically nothing except projecting your actions (or lack thereof) on others.

You worry way too much about my comments.  You should first police your own.  After you clean up your own act, then feel free to complain (LOL, irony again) about others.

See page 1. A proposed solution is not a complaint.

Of course it is a complaint.  If there was no complaint, there would be no suggestion of remedy.

Stating a fact that what they are doing is not responsive to their customers is not a complaint.

LOL, right.

Stating another fact that what they are doing is not working is not a complaint.....

Now, that is true - you're merely calling them stupid, but not directly.  In addition, you're leaving out the very import part:  for you.  It's not working for you. (Sounds a whole bunch like a complaint.)

I could go on....

We will try to soldier on as best we can without you. Good luck in your other.....(endeavors???....Sorry. Best polite word I could think of for what you actually do).

You do go on, and on, and on.  Almost like the "blah, blah, blah" whine that ABC whines every so often.  If you don't want to read what I write, skip over it. Or,...

Use the forum tools so that you don't see the posts.  Take the actions you can, because your requests for me to not post in this thread have not been even close to polite, so I will therefore decline your request.

Bobby_Tables #426 Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4137 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 13 October 2018 - 12:21 PM, said:

Use the forum tools so that you don't see the posts.  

Is there a way to not see a topic?  For example this topic, if I just did not want to see just this topic anymore, is there a way to do that?  I cannot find it...  

Thanks for any help.  

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 13 October 2018 - 10:08 PM.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #427 Posted 14 October 2018 - 03:05 AM

Captain

• 759 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBobby_Tables, on 13 October 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

Is there a way to not see a topic?  For example this topic, if I just did not want to see just this topic anymore, is there a way to do that?  I cannot find it...  

Thanks for any help.  

yes boobie...

plug your keyboard into the toaster while staring at the microwave

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

CorvusCorvax #428 Posted 14 October 2018 - 04:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1696 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 14 October 2018 - 03:05 AM, said:

yes boobie...

I've been doing it wrong.  I stare at the toaster while plugging the microwave into the keyboard.

Bobby_Tables #429 Posted 14 October 2018 - 04:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4137 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 13 October 2018 - 09:05 PM, said:

yes boobie...

My keyboard is bluetooth while my toaster is HDMI, any other suggestions?

soshootmenow #430 Posted 21 October 2018 - 05:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

Apologies All for being away for so long. RL and my gamecenter both have been taking a dump on me.

The following posts are updates from some of the NA/EU/China counterparts.

soshootmenow #431 Posted 21 October 2018 - 05:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

Dito,

I am trying to put together information on the costs to run a licensed copy of 1.9x. I have had a backup idea (discussed on my thread) to put a proposal/business plan to KongZhong corp in China to expand their geographic area with their licensed copy of 1.9.4. It appears they are legally allowed to do this under their license agreement with Wargaming. I want to entice them into expanding into the EU, RU, and (hopefully in my case) the NA regions.

Having a business plan with a substantial support structure already available along with the cost analysis would be very beneficial. If you or your clanmate have ANY idea of the scalable costs associated with the implementation of a licensed copy of the game and the necessary communications/support structure to support a player base that would be extremely helpful.

Please let me know either way.

Thankyou

Soshootmenow.

Hi bro i am sorry i was absent for some time..

i will forward your message in my whatsapp clan room

i will reply you as soon as possible

soshootmenow #432 Posted 21 October 2018 - 05:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

Perfectly understandable. Real Life has an annoying tendency to intrude upon the really important matters. I do so much very appreciate any insight, numbers, or help you and your Clanmates/friends can provide.

I am not looking for absolutes in this case and at this time. A general range would more than suffice for the things I wish to propose. So please do not go to lengths further than what is really necessary.

Once again, I appreciate all the help. You guys have been Great!

I also believe that new posts started in the EU and RU forums with links back to my thread could be of Great 'political' value both now and later when the time comes. If your Clanmates and friends have accounts on those regional forums....please start promoting and spreading the 'Word' from here.

It cannot hurt.....and really can do nothing but help.

Truly.....You and the efforts of yours are very much appreciated.

And I Thank....You.

As always.......Good Hunting!     (you know what I mean).

soshootmenow #433 Posted 21 October 2018 - 05:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

Hi bro,

Got some varied responses Me and boris are ready to help with the data center structure. Clive said that he could be ready to put 20 £ in the game as a player .. 

i think at first we will need to setup own 1.9 social website + kind of page on social network... to reinvite all ppl who left ...

in other way it could be impossible to assume financial offer only by yourself... kind of franchinsing may be with lot of zeros ... may be if done with kind of partnership with full control by the chinese company to bring it to open world will be easier task... you are speaking about a giant chinese telco ...

may be if professionaly speaking talking as regional/global prodcuts representative will be an idea... as american i am sure you will be heard ... :great:...

soshootmenow #434 Posted 21 October 2018 - 05:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH
We'd still need a copy of the server files for 1.9, not to mention a client that can run without WGC.

soshootmenow #435 Posted 21 October 2018 - 05:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH
 Sorry for the delayed response. I have been very busy at work (and will continue to be for a while). Two people got better jobs and moved on. Also my Wargaming Center loader was screwing up badly. Could not get through to the forums or any links. Gave up troubleshooting and simply uninstalled all the files, cache, and everything else and reloaded. Back in business.

As for everyone's statements and research, They are all valid points. The main thing here, as focke has said, is the files. That is legal property of Wargaming. However, we DO know that that will grant licenses as in the case of Kongzhong in China. The reason I believe they did this was due to the laws in China regarding foreign business. It was just easier for Wargaming to take the money and hand the functionality and day to day operations over to someone else there. The files for 1.9.x are also one of the main starting points that must be overcome. Having a company like Kongzhong expand there existing license to other regions may or may not be more costly to them as far as the license agreement itself goes (or it may not be...I did not see anything that RESTRICTS them from expanding or describe additional costs based on country/region).

As for the social media site....that is a good idea. So is expanding the existing thread with links onto the EU and RU forums.

The largest impediment at the moment is coming up with basically two business plans. One for Kongzhong to expand their license to other regions. The other would be for licensing the game directly from Wargaming.

There has also been no further word from WG regarding the rumor that they were working on a 1.9 type style of play or game mode. If they use the current mechanics and UI for that I doubt it will create much interest in all of those that have left.

soshootmenow #436 Posted 28 October 2018 - 06:58 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

Evening All

Other than the further development and assistance from the EU players I have managed to accomplish f*ck-all  for this week on this effort.

We do now have another comm channel open for a more open and outside public forum. Again thanks to the efforts from our EU allies.

Real life work has been knocking me down due to a shortage of manpower.

I will update further when I am able.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #437 Posted 01 November 2018 - 01:10 PM

Captain

• 759 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postsoshootmenow, on 28 October 2018 - 01:58 AM, said:

Evening All

Other than the further development and assistance from the EU players I have managed to accomplish f*ck-all  for this week on this effort.

We do now have another comm channel open for a more open and outside public forum. Again thanks to the efforts from our EU allies.

Real life work has been knocking me down due to a shortage of manpower.

I will update further when I am able.

Thanks for your efforts sir.

I'm still hoping for a good outcome for all, also

I need to post for this to remain to my front page

good hunting

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Perrigrino #438 Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3530 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

SSMN

Really unfortunate that the moderators of this Forum do not enforce their own policies. Some individuals certainly go to extreme lengths for validation so as not to feel as marginalized and dismissed as they do in the "real" world. Don't waste time on the few, their pettiness or distractions. Forge ahead. Being the Pathfinder/Trail Blazer is not easy. Perhaps this may be helpful: "Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit."- Max Ehrmann. There is more in his poem, which you are likely familiar with... 

It's been a busy summer but now with snow on the ground I have had time to come back and see what progress has been made, and you have certainly been busy. Good on you! Keep up the good work. You have made lots of new friends, support and interest is growing. Focus on that. Life is short. Dare to dream!

sincerely 

p

Edited by Perrigrino, 01 November 2018 - 02:46 PM.

soshootmenow #439 Posted 02 November 2018 - 12:16 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

Ace, Perrigrino,

Thankyou both for the support and encouraging words. That means a lot to me. A lot of this has been nothing but an uphill battle from the start. And it did not have to be that way.

If the design house and WG had been more open to a viable solution and developmentally responsive to their customers from the beginning this would have been far, far, easier.

When I started this it was with the vision of a real cooperative effort from the customers, WG management, and the design house to finally get this game on a good track that would be profitable and enjoyable for all. I never said to take away 2.0 and substitute in 1.9 or the reverse. I wanted them both placed into this game so it would appeal to all and give levels for players to strive for.

The cooperative effort may be a forlorn hope, but I don't see my proposed solution being that. Not at all. Sooner or later I have hope that someone there will see the light and start considering this as a real workable solution.

Again, thankyou both for all your words. It was a good shot in the arm for me. And thanks to everyone for their continued efforts, interest, and support. This thread is now well over 12,000 views.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users