• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

soshootmenow #41 Posted Yesterday, 04:11 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 27 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

View Posttrikke, on 18 May 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

the bomber line might have been the death knell for DM, because nobody can really touch a high alt bomber in low tiers...  you'd have a thousand 1 vs 1 draws per day

and you'll have to purpose-spec your HF for altitude, which would effectively kill maim it for low alt

and you could never take that chance and run anything else but that particular HF, or your team could insta-lose, or insta-draw, i meant

on the other hand, all-HF battles are really fun, though... as we learned so well in alpha!   

edit:  (i miss GeorgePatton...   he was the only one of us with enough gravitas that could corral us all into alpha training rooms to test specific bugs, strategies, etc)

Hi trikke,

They just have to limit the bomber types for the lower tiers to perform at lower specs or make them along the same lines as the tiered fighters are.

(or simply not have them at all at the lower tiers)

But this is getting away from the main thrust of this thread which is to find a viable way to have 1.9 mode brought on as an addition.

2.0 is fine for new players or those that just want to log on and be able to play right away, but it basically goes nowhere fast.

New players are coming on but an equal number appear to simply bail after a short period of time (as I predicted months ago). All the while more and more of the OP's (the few that are left) are playing less and less and then leaving altogether.

We need to get the OP's back and give the new players a level to advance to so they are retained.

trikke #42 Posted Today, 01:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1584 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postsoshootmenow, on 20 May 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

Hi trikke,

They just have to limit the bomber types for the lower tiers to perform at lower specs or make them along the same lines as the tiered fighters are.

(or simply not have them at all at the lower tiers)

But this is getting away from the main thrust of this thread which is to find a viable way to have 1.9 mode brought on as an addition.

2.0 is fine for new players or those that just want to log on and be able to play right away, but it basically goes nowhere fast.

New players are coming on but an equal number appear to simply bail after a short period of time (as I predicted months ago). All the while more and more of the OP's (the few that are left) are playing less and less and then leaving altogether.

We need to get the OP's back and give the new players a level to advance to so they are retained.

hiya, shootme!

i'd hate to see bombers eliminated or badly nerfed at low tiers...

but then it occurred to me that we would be forced to choose only a HF or altitude-spec-built-only LF in every tier there are bombers, in case nobody else did

suppose you chose a GA, and you were the last one left on your team, with just a bomber left on the other team at any tier... untouchable, except he could try to bomb you, i guess

DM probably means only LFs and an occasional HF, i guess...  and with no caps at all?

i do love capping, it's like a mini-win that can be snatched away, if left without protection  (i guess that's exactly what a regular win is, now that i think about it)

but i do want everyone to have their own kind of flying fun, and if my particular favorite playstyle was stripped down, it would be shooting planes down, so...

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users