Two Mode Game Suggestion....(Again)

• Please log in to reply
439 replies to this topic

soshootmenow #1 Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:57 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

I posted this previously a couple of months ago on another thread but it definitely still applies and I still have (remote) hope that someone in WG will see the light and give this an actual try. If it does not work it can always be removed but I think they would make a lot of their customers (and themselves) a lot happier.

I have been saying this over and over but hopefully with this thread the developers and management will see this.

Guys....please....let's be real. 1.9 version appealed to a very loyal but insufficient fan base.

2.0 in realistic terms can attract new players but will not be able to retain them. It is a rinky-dink arcade joke.

Please.....there is a simple solution to all of the issues that with a little thought and effort is realistically not that difficult to implement.

MAKE THIS A TWO-MODE GAME!!!

I mean really.....any modern pc for the last seven years can handle the load. If it cannot (for some absurd reason), no big deal, MAKE IT A SELECTABLE DOWNLOAD JUST LIKE SD OR HD!!.

With 2.0 to attract new players, 1.9 (full, original, and complete) to bring back all of the OP's and to give the new 2.0 players something to advance to (Thus RETAINING THEM!!!!) instead of letting them just bolt for the next new 'trendy' whatever game this game would have a very realistic shot at true viable success.

Although not substantial enough on their own...you have THOUSANDS of former players with simply VAST levels of dedicated experience, tactics, developed Clans and infrastructure, techniques, relationships, fantastic user community, etc...etc....etc....that will not eat this [edited]load. We all took everything else that worked and failed. But in case you have not noticed.....NOT....THIS.....TIME!

Combine this with the new players you can and have attracted with 2.0 you have a honest, for-real-chance at establishing a viable, sustainable player base. And I mean that from a business standpoint.

The other side of the business standpoint is you give your customers what they want....and what YOU ALL PROMISED. And that is CHOICES!.

The OP's stuck by you for YEARS!......I...Mean....For....Actual.....YEARS!

Every update...good or bad (I will leave you to self examine your true realistic results of all of those updates on an individual basis).

But with this one.....Not this time buddy. Virtually all of us left.

No one is flying.

You can hide the stats but I can see who is and is not flying in my Clan. Same for all of the other OP Clans.

I know because there is no movement AT ALL of the original clan rankings. There has not been for MONTHS!

I used to play this game 2-4 hours a night. More on the weekends.

Now you are lucky if I put in one or two battles ever couple of weeks.

That also has not changed in 3 or 4 months (now about 7 months) and is not going to.

I don't want another game that is a stupid arcade wiz-bang-shoot-em-up for 7 year olds.

Simply put....1.9 pushed off new users because they would get seal-clubbed and raped.

Establish a base level of xxx number of battles in 2.0 with new users so they can build experience, aircraft, options, etc.... before they can advance to the 1.9 level.

Make 1.9 a premium or pay level if need be.

I have proposed this on multiple threads. Do you read what is being said out there!!!???

I would be happy to discuss this at a more intricate level with any developer or management so this could become a workable, viable, real option.

If you did that then this game has a real shot of becoming enjoyable and workable for all for both an entertainment and business standpoint (thousands of free customers just waiting for a reason to come back. Business, Marketing 101 people!!???)

I miss flying with my clan mates and respected opponents.

Please be reasonable and open to some new ideas. We all want to come back. But virtually no one is going to eat the 2.0 update. We wont be back this time if it stays that way.

Just give us a real reason to do so. For all of us that stuck by you for so very, very long I do not think it is asking too much.

Keep 2.0 live and running. Just give all of the OP's back 1.9 as it was as another option/mode since this would be what we, the customers, are asking for and the choices you promised us.

My last real flight was the night of the 2.0 update in my Ta 152. I made it a point to remember it.

I believe all of the OP's know EXACTLY why I did that.

Thankyou for your consideration.

soshootmenow

Edited by soshootmenow, 15 May 2018 - 01:24 AM.

LMG #2 Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2346 battles
Um... Who are the OPs?
This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Tovarich123 #3 Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:06 AM

Senior Airman

• 70 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
There is no way in hell that could ever work!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is far too logical and it makes too much sense, WG would never go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soshootmenow #4 Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:20 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

View PostLMG, on 15 May 2018 - 01:01 AM, said:

Um... Who are the OPs?

Hi LMG.

OP's is a term of respect and stands for Original Players.

mnbv_fockewulfe #5 Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:24 AM

Captain

• 256 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postsoshootmenow, on 15 May 2018 - 01:20 AM, said:

Hi LMG.

OP's is a term of respect and stands for Original Players.

OP also happens to stand for original post/er. So a better term might be warrented.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

soshootmenow #6 Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:28 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

View PostTovarich123, on 15 May 2018 - 01:06 AM, said:

There is no way in hell that could ever work!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is far too logical and it makes too much sense, WG would never go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou Tovarich. Applying some basic thought and making sense is an old, bad, repetitive habit of mine. Never figured out how to 'fix' that about myself.

mnbv_fockewulfe #7 Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:30 AM

Captain

• 256 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postsoshootmenow, on 15 May 2018 - 01:28 AM, said:

Thankyou Tovarich. Applying some basic thought and making sense is an old, bad, repetitive habit of mine. Never figured out how to 'fix' that about myself.

It's not technically possible because the devs would have to admit they made a mistake. 

It's hard to admit when you're wrong.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

soshootmenow #8 Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:31 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 15 May 2018 - 01:24 AM, said:

OP also happens to stand for original post/er. So a better term might be warrented.

Also quite correct focke. Both terms are correct and valid. I just used the Player version as this was more to the point of game itself and the community that stuck by it for so long.

soshootmenow #9 Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:33 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 15 May 2018 - 01:30 AM, said:

It's not technically possible because the devs would have to admit they made a mistake.

It's hard to admit when you're wrong.

The developers are Russian and know how to get around admitting any such thing with a skilled application of maskirovka.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #10 Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:05 AM

Captain

• 779 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

almost five months ago I was part of a very scientific study at a very revered College of higher learning...

we published a study on December 17th 2017 and I posted it on these very forums...

here is the post in it's entirety:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once you get over how enraging it is to watch people piss money over a cliff... it can be fun watching the exercising of efforts in futility

sometimes a cliff looks like a graph and unless you're golfing or timing calculations/sec... bigger is usually better,

and falling is something that folks who feel their lives are out of control see in their nightmares

below is a chart of a very scientific study at the world renowned University of Chagrin OH

remember after the last green dot it's pure speculation.

Feel free to invent your own college of higher learning and submit your own scientific chart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

well, it is now almost five months later and here we are

let's not kid one another and pretend this was a successful game release,

it was not

2.0 was a great introduction to the previous game (1.9)...

it certainly was not a progression...

it was a tool that could have been applied to better the game but instead was jammed into a fissure to destroy

a fine scribe is not a granite chisel

you can't wish a tool to do something it is incapable of doing...

the game was fun and interesting for a short while but was unable to keep the interest of even the most mundane player...

the game is crashing as we speak

It's time for someone in charge to make a damn decision

NOW

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

clodhoppr #11 Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:24 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1077 battles
  • [SF] SF

Wargaming has made it pretty clear they have no intentions of going back to pre 2.0....:(

They have also pretty much shot down the idea of having both games available for players to choose. 

Thank you for your input ABC. Once again you have managed to hit the nail on the head with your zany perspective.  

trikke #12 Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:51 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2514 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i've recently had a revelation that we should have a third mode

it's been soundly proven that everyone loves to pretend to crush candy for some ridiculous reason

so let's have a beginner mode where new folks fly around and shoot at starlight mints...   mmmmmm

edit:  that's my favorite candy, so don't you effing judge me, man!

Edited by trikke, 15 May 2018 - 11:53 AM.

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Dalanford #13 Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:04 PM

Airman Basic

• 1548 battles
I would suggest instead of a two game mode, a fourth entity on the game launcher. Perhaps WOWP classic. The population is already split between those playing 2.0 and the hundreds of veterans who are not playing or play very little. Personally I miss the proper flight mechanics, the feel of flying, the rev of the engine sounds, the old maps, the pure aspect of dog fighting.

jack_wdw #14 Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1170 battles

View PostDalanford, on 15 May 2018 - 12:04 PM, said:

I would suggest instead of a two game mode, a fourth entity on the game launcher. Perhaps WOWP classic. The population is already split between those playing 2.0 and the hundreds of veterans who are not playing or play very little. Personally I miss the proper flight mechanics, the feel of flying, the rev of the engine sounds, the old maps, the pure aspect of dog fighting.

i feel you.

Miss all the points you list there.
And add to that the situational awareness, workin gamepad controls, 1000 less bugs

Chuck_norris10 #15 Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:54 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 490 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostDalanford, on 15 May 2018 - 05:04 AM, said:

Exactly. I found this game while looking for a tank game and next thing you know i had over 30,000 plane battles and only 1 tank battle.

I also have a love of flying and 3 pilots in my family and said from the beginning that they should advertise it in AOPA or American owners and pilots associations magazine called AOPE pilot which has a huge circulation.This magazine can be found in airports all over north America but they never focused on anyone for advertising except gamers and hoped the tankers would bring the playerbase.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #16 Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:36 PM

Captain

• 779 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostChuck_norris10, on 15 May 2018 - 08:54 AM, said:

Exactly. I found this game while looking for a tank game and next thing you know i had over 30,000 plane battles and only 1 tank battle.

I also have a love of flying and 3 pilots in my family and said from the beginning that they should advertise it in AOPA or American owners and pilots associations magazine called AOPE pilot which has a huge circulation.This magazine can be found in airports all over north America but they never focused on anyone for advertising except gamers and hoped the tankers would bring the playerbase.

absolutely correct,

that would be what a quality marketing and advertising agency would be expected to do...

to expand into a new market you can't just keep working YouTube trying to flip hardcore gamers...

this game will likely only appeal to a small percentage of that group, 

AOPA seems like a great and cost effective target group for this game

oh well... maybe we'll reboot again with an even better and more successful plan

?

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

jack_wdw #17 Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1170 battles
But instead they chose to promote WoT at airshows...

Chuck_norris10 #18 Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:53 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 490 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

circulation over half a million.

https://www.aopaadvertising.org/

clodhoppr #19 Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1077 battles
  • [SF] SF
Maybe Wargaming won't do strategic WoP advertising because they can only handle a limited number of pi**ed off gamers at a time...

MARS_REVENANT #20 Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:04 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 4171 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View Postclodhoppr, on 15 May 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

Maybe Wargaming won't do strategic WoP advertising because they can only handle a limited number of pi**ed off gamers at a time...

I'm not sure what the source was, but I basically heard the same thing.  They wont advertise till all the major bugs are worked out.  Could you imagine having 10,000 online players right now?  All the crashes and complaining.  Advertising at this point would do more harm than good imo.  Although, if we had an influx of players, theoretically WG would have an influx of $ and they could afford to throw more developers towards fixing bugs and end-game content.  So it could go both ways.

Historically though, I don't think it has worked out well for any company in terms of public perception to have a bunch of hype and then a game flop due to bugs.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users