Poll/Analysis - Why WoWP developers stubbornly do not want to communicate with players

Poll Analysis

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: evelopers stubbornly do not want to communicate (23 members have cast votes)

What is worse for you?

1. About the development is not known at all, patchout goes along with the patch (13 votes [56.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.52%

2. Developers say something about the patch for 2 months, half of this patch is not included (10 votes [43.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.48%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 13 May 2018 - 01:24 PM

Captain

• 25 battles

This is a hot topic on the RU WoWP forums. For those that don't know Furious, he is a very good Beta Tester and knows his stuff on WoWP. When he speaks, I would listen to what he has to say.

Block Quote

Furious # 41          Sent Yesterday, May 12, 2018 - 15:26

Foreman
Beta Tester
606 fights 

The question that has been repeatedly raised during the last three years is constantly raised at the forum. The question that was raised on the two past WG fests. In the last topic, which was seen in the activity of developers, he was also raised.

In the interviews that people give and which are published on the portal, this wish also periodically skips. A typical position of developers is that they do not want to publish and discuss what the game may not appear. To me, this is an indication that there is no concept of further development of the game and only that it can not play into the hands at all. 

The fact of canceling any changes does not prevent either tank developers or ship developers from publishing posts on the forum and VK (FVE -  Victor Kysli), sharing their ideas and asking for advice, sharing preliminary patches. Nowhere was it noticed that the cancellation of any changes led to large-scale negative effects, especially if these changes were additive. 

Maybe I'm exaggerating the essence of the problem, but in my opinion, the lack of community awareness about the development prospects is the first priority of the social component of the game.

Separately, of course, there is the question: why is there to communicate even on weekends and in your own time it's normal, but not here?

RU WoWP forum source link

Basically, Furious is saying that the WoT and WoWS developers have a more open communications than the WoWP developers. I also added the poll that Furious was looking for in responses by WoWP players. So what do you guys think of the subject matter?

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 13 May 2018 - 01:26 PM.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 13 May 2018 - 02:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2185 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Its a little difficult to tell what the poll is asking for; I assume (a) is saying that we know nothing about what's in development until right before the patch drops so I'm going with that.

To be fair, I'm the kind of low-information player who really doesn't care much or is particularly excited by new developments or patches that fall short of their promised fixes. I guess I'm simultaneously cynical and optimistic - kinda "crap always happens, maybe things will get better". It would just make me feel better knowing that issues are being worked on, the developers are aware about what needs fixing and that the game at least has a plan moving forward.

When a patch drops without some of the promised fixes and features, well then that's just the kind of crap Wargaming pulls, right? Cynicism is kinda my coping mechanism.

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 13 May 2018 - 02:51 PM.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Tovarich123 #3 Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:24 PM

Senior Airman

• 70 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
Isn't it obvious? They don't care what the players think! If they cared what the players thought, they would have included 1.9 and 2.0 together. 2.0 so you could learn the game, and 1.9 for a real pvp experience. BTW I have about 2k battles in 1.x.

Edited by Tovarich123, 13 May 2018 - 04:27 PM.

mnbv_fockewulfe #4 Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
TBH, I think it's the conceit of the surprise that the devs hold onto. As if somehow, if the veil were lifted and transparency were committed to, every player in the game would leave immediately dreading the changes forecasted. An unofficial initiative of one of the devs on discord keeps alluding to a "progression update" the exact nature of which is unknown. From the sound it, planes will have their modules reworked. God forbid WOWP be moved over to a loot crate progression system.   

Edited by mnbv_fockewulfe, 13 May 2018 - 09:09 PM.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

_Bruiser_ #5 Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3839 battles
Been this way since early Alpha and why so many players left then. Player feedback isn't considered in any new development.

SonicPariah #6 Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:32 AM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 416 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 13 May 2018 - 09:08 PM, said:

TBH, I think it's the conceit of the surprise that the devs hold onto. As if somehow, if the veil were lifted and transparency were committed to, every player in the game would leave immediately dreading the changes forecasted. An unofficial initiative of one of the devs on discord keeps alluding to a "progression update" the exact nature of which is unknown. From the sound it, planes will have their modules reworked. God forbid WOWP be moved over to a loot crate progression system.   

There is a lot to say here. Most of the Update issues arise from wanting to put things into game and announcing changes, then not getting them balanced or tested thoroughly and still pressing through the changes that are best for the game instead of just NOT updating. That in mind, we do our best to not release anything that is bad for the game or will cause damage to the game or player base.

View Post_Bruiser_, on 13 May 2018 - 09:35 PM, said:

Been this way since early Alpha and why so many players left then. Player feedback isn't considered in any new development.

Incorrect.

SonicPariah #7 Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:34 AM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 416 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

We are currently working on revising our current Patch/Patch Note/Release system.

Releasing Patch Notes too early leads to too much wiggle room and can cause issues with getting all features implemented smoothly. Releasing at time of Patch obviously leaves players in the dark for too long and causes friction at time of Patch.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #8 Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:58 AM

Captain

• 563 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostSonicPariah, on 13 May 2018 - 08:34 PM, said:

We are currently working on revising our current Patch/Patch Note/Release system.

Releasing Patch Notes too early leads to too much wiggle room and can cause issues with getting all features implemented smoothly. Releasing at time of Patch obviously leaves players in the dark for too long and causes friction at time of Patch.

the Goldilocks communication principal always considers the audience...

Rodney Dangerfield and Don Rickles would have had a ruff time with this group

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

ArrowZ_ #9 Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:57 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 948 battles

I have a feeling this is a high flame-war-type of topic that RU loves to poke at. Interesting that they too are being left in the dark even with 2.0. I mean doing that in 1.x? Sure it was the norm. But in 2.0?... really? :facepalm:

We're pretty close into reaching the first half of the year in 2018 and they're not doing a good job in justifying their second chance for this title.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

mnbv_fockewulfe #10 Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:31 AM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostArrowZ_, on 14 May 2018 - 02:57 AM, said:

I have a feeling this is a high flame-war-type of topic that RU loves to poke at. Interesting that they too are being left in the dark even with 2.0. I mean doing that in 1.x? Sure it was the norm. But in 2.0?... really? :facepalm:

We're pretty close into reaching the first half of the year in 2018 and they're not doing a good job in justifying their second chance for this title.

to be fair we did get an astonishing amount of dev QandA answers in the first few months.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

jack_wdw #11 Posted 14 May 2018 - 12:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 720 battles
They just like alienating their loyal playerbase.
Soon©, this might happen again, since 2.0 is far from delivering.
They will probably pretend to know the root cause of why so little people are playing and everything will be shifted again.
All current loyal players will be told to shut up and move on, we don't care if you'll leave us, some new gamer will probably take your place.

trikke #12 Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2038 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Devs are the same all around the world...  and let me broaden that all the way out to "people are the same..."

both google and apple had promised new features in past conferences that didn't get outta beta, and quietly were never discussed again 

as long as a new feature doesn't adversely affect one team or the other (i'm looking at you, Invasion!), i'm personally not going to be butt hurt if that feature didn't make it in, as promised 

google has more programmers on staff than Persha...  most certainly better paid coders than Persha, so i can live with missing features in wowp

about the 'missing features never discussed again' part...   ask my wife of 34 years how eager i am to talk about my "failure to disclose missing 'features' in a timely manner"

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

FlakValleyExpress #13 Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:53 PM

Captain

• 25 battles

UPDATE: News from Priolia on the WG forums

Block Quote

Priolia # 191          Posted Today, May 14, 2018 - 16:28

Projects Coordinator
Developer    
847 fights 

I actually wedged myself into it. The theme is called "Why developers stubbornly do not want to communicate with players"

So that's it. Read here , ask in the subject of Questions to the developers, come to the discords. on streams and so on. 
We are talking. Persistently and contrary to all your criticism. We communicate with those who are ready to communicate. Here an interesting discussion between the players in the topic turned out. And it's great.

That's all I wanted to say. Thank you for attention, I'll go to work, or what? :)

RU WoWP forum source link

And on Discord, some more news on the subject

Block Quote

Priolia - 03/08/2018
Dear friends!
We were looking to a possibility to create a single space for NA/EU communication with WoWP Dev presence which is administrated by WoWp Dev team representative. 
As we are not ready to provide full time official discord server for WoWp at the moment my personnal discord server will be used as a temporary solution.
Last part of your questions was collected from here and I will pass answers here to server admin as soon as they are ready.
All further questions will be collected from here https://discord.gg/4gH4PeT as well as all further WoWp Dev team communication moves to my discord, as well as bug reporting which also moves here https://discord.gg/FHYTTSY
Together with that my server stays a NON official WoWp communication space, so we do not make any promises here - just communicating.
If you have any questions about these changes, feel free to use ask-me channel on my server https://discord.gg/HPHEdZA
See you!

WoWP Discord source link

Now granted by posting the Discord info I may get blocked from that venue. However to be neutral and fair, I thought you guys deserve this information. WoWP Developers are aware of the communication situation.

Now I think the WoWP developers are trying to unify communications, however going outside of official channels seems weird to me. To me it looks like they trying to hide something. Or is that the tinfoil hat speaking to me. :P

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

trikke #14 Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2038 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

that's actually some good news, but...

it's probably not a great idea to share that personal server info, brother

SgtSchlautter #15 Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:36 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3369 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
I do not believe the developers are to blame here. The sad reality is that the higher-ups at WG just doesn't care about the WoWP team. They see it as unsuccessful and nonprofitable. This leads to an incredibly small dev team and bug testing team. All signs we've been given since 2.0 suggest that the devs truly care about the game, but the lack of funding from WG prohibits them from doing what they want to do. Priolia, Sonic Pariah, and the developers often receive too much blame. Even from me at one point. But I really don't think it is them at all, but rather the neglect given to the game from the higher ups at WG. I feel bad for those guys at WoWP's headquarters who really do want to make it a successful game, but it is out of their control

Captain_Underpants53 #16 Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:03 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 10724 battles
  • [FK] FK
This lack of communication extends to the support section.  A few weeks ago I noticed that I wasn't getting tokens anymore for achievements.  I submitted a ticket and got the reply I should launch the game with a clear cache.  This was less than helpful since I've been doing that for some time, two or three times a day.  When I went to reply with this information I found that the reply button has been removed.  I guess it cuts down on the workload?
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

trikke #17 Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2038 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

wowp is a much harder game to learn than tanks or ships, and harder to code, i truly believe

imagine if other tanks or ships could pounce on you from a mile above you, in addition to shooting at you from a half mile below

imagine tanks or ships coming at you at 400 miles per hour, or if you slowed down to hide in a bush/cloud, you'd drop off the map

it's just a much harder game to learn, and much harder to code well...   that's the real cause for the low population 

SonicPariah #18 Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:58 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 416 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 15 May 2018 - 10:03 AM, said:

This lack of communication extends to the support section.  A few weeks ago I noticed that I wasn't getting tokens anymore for achievements.  I submitted a ticket and got the reply I should launch the game with a clear cache.  This was less than helpful since I've been doing that for some time, two or three times a day.  When I went to reply with this information I found that the reply button has been removed.  I guess it cuts down on the workload?

If you do file a Support Ticket, please let me know that number so that I can track it down and get it properly handled.

ComradeZ #19 Posted 20 May 2018 - 01:18 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2813 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 15 May 2018 - 10:03 AM, said:

You need to clear the cache.  <----- Every support ticket I've ever gotten a reply on in the last 2 years.

Also tagged with Poll, Analysis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users