Command Center Crappolla

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

clodhoppr #1 Posted 12 May 2018 - 02:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1077 battles
  • [SF] SF

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Lately I have noticed that even after destroying all of the defending air bots my team struggles capturing the CC.

It starts to turn blue but sometimes it takes two or three rounds of killing defending bots to take it.

By that time the enemy team has already captured their 3rd sector.

I will shoot at ground targets, shoot enemies coming in etc. But can't capture the CC...

What am I doing wrong?

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 12 May 2018 - 02:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2939 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Kill all the air bots, then strafe out the cluster of light targets (circled in yellow). Make sure you kill ALL the buildings in a target (there are 5 - 6 buildings you have to strafe out). Sometimes, you will miss a structure or two in the confusion and that will leave the CC uncapped.

Don't bother with AA emplacements - they just aren't worth enough and you'll have to wipe out two AA emplacements for the price of killing that one cluster of unarmored targets.

If you're a Multirole, just dump a 500-pounder on it. That should do the trick.

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 12 May 2018 - 02:17 PM.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

SpiritFoxMY #3 Posted 12 May 2018 - 02:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2939 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Also, what I said is contingent on no one actually dying in the cap as that will reset the points counter too far to be safely capped until the next round of defenders respawn.

clodhoppr #4 Posted 12 May 2018 - 02:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1077 battles
  • [SF] SF
I am assuming similar tactics for military base?

Worland #5 Posted 12 May 2018 - 02:22 PM

Master Sergeant

• 436 battles
It never fails that the bots that come with you magically die just before you capture the facility, resetting your progress.

LMG #6 Posted 12 May 2018 - 02:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2240 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 12 May 2018 - 09:14 AM, said:

Kill all the air bots, then strafe out the cluster of light targets (circled in yellow). Make sure you kill ALL the buildings in a target (there are 5 - 6 buildings you have to strafe out). Sometimes, you will miss a structure or two in the confusion and that will leave the CC uncapped.

Don't bother with AA emplacements - they just aren't worth enough and you'll have to wipe out two AA emplacements for the price of killing that one cluster of unarmored targets.

If you're a Multirole, just dump a 500-pounder on it. That should do the trick.

Do kill the AA guns though. CCs have six low altitude AA guns, enough to rip apart a GAA, let alone a fighter

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

SpiritFoxMY #7 Posted 12 May 2018 - 03:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2939 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postclodhoppr, on 12 May 2018 - 10:21 PM, said:

I am assuming similar tactics for military base?

Military base is harder - there are only two ADFs, meaning you have to take out all three available soft targets to make up the deficit. In a regular fighter, that takes too long. Heavies and Multiroles have a better chance since they have enough ordnance to take out two of the three targets in quick succession after they've killed the ADFs but it still isn't recommended due to the extended ToT. Your best bet is to loose your ordnance on the primary target (red Circle) and hope your GAA bots will clean up the rest.

rqzm80.jpg

The one exception is if you're fielding a pilot with the Demolition Expert skill. If you are and you're in a Heavy or Multirole packing at least dual 500lb bombs, then its a simple matter of dropping them on the central structure and killing the ADFs. Two well placed 500lb bombs is sufficient (up to tier VII) to kill the central target with the help of Demolition Expert and that, together with the points from killing the two ADFs, will be enough to cap out the base.

But if you're in a Light Fighter, you're SooL. Ideally, you'l sidle off to kill something else first (or, best case scenario, the Red team helpfully sends a lone bomber or ground attack to provide you with the points you'll need)

I_QQ_4_U #8 Posted 12 May 2018 - 03:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2110 battles
More than likely your bots are dying in the cap. If no bots go to a base I can usually flip it really fast in most GA's and bombers, often in one pass for the minor bases.

SpiritFoxMY #9 Posted 12 May 2018 - 03:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2939 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostLMG, on 12 May 2018 - 10:51 PM, said:

Do kill the AA guns though. CCs have six low altitude AA guns, enough to rip apart a GAA, let alone a fighter

I'll say this depends on the situation - you should never be solo-capping a Command center in a Light Fighter in almost any circumstance for this reason but say, for example at the start of a match, you have a couple of other bots flying about drawing some of the fire away from you, I'd suggest going straight for the kill - the faster you flip the cap, the fewer chances one of your idiot bots will die in the cap from all the AA fire. The light targets are mostly lined up in a way you can kill them all in two passes with quad 20s. 

MARS_REVENANT #10 Posted 12 May 2018 - 04:04 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 4081 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

Command Centres are best captured with a combination of L/MR Fighters and GA.  You NEED to take out ground targets to finish capturing it as it is only defended by 3 LF.

Air fields are best capped with L/MR Fighters.  You can cap by destroying a few planes.  It is hard to cap only using GA as there are not enough ground targets.

Plants are strictly ground targets.

Military bases only have 2 HF defending, so it is mostly a GA sector, but taking those 2 out with HF support makes it much faster.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

clodhoppr #11 Posted 12 May 2018 - 06:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1077 battles
  • [SF] SF

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 12 May 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

Plants are strictly ground targets.

Yeah, but shooting down those smoke stacks sure is fun...:great:

LMG #12 Posted 12 May 2018 - 07:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2240 battles

View Postclodhoppr, on 12 May 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

Yeah, but shooting down those smoke stacks sure is fun...:great:

And keeps the bots from trying to fly between them

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

hamhockjones #13 Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9676 battles
They tell you what planes to attack certain sectors, yet we have no control over our bots, that advice is worthless unless you have at least 7 humans on ur team. Also the bots are not evenly distributed, one team has talented bots and the other has bad worthless bots.. winning is a joke now, IT used to be which team out flies the other, now its whose bots out bomb the other, winning is obsolete...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users