Forum opinion....

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

medoyehd #1 Posted 12 May 2018 - 07:39 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 361 battles

Lambo805's opinion means more as he was in game on the red team.  And I would post the video, but the rando I was with raged in chat near all game, and continued after with a few messages in personal message, with vulgarities and insults.  And the person is a closed beta tester who has posted a few times in the forums. 

Seems I am an idiot that needs to uninstall the game, as per my rando teammate.  Why?

Game was on Plateau - Turning Point. 

Both spawns had a CC and an airbase near them, with the garrison center. 

I'm playing an Me 265 missing only the last engine upgrade. 

Start of game I move to the nearest CC and start working to take it.  Once taken I begin moving to the nearest airbase (closest to red spawn), but turned back once I saw a red GA moving for the CC just taken.  Shot him down and began moving to the airbase nearest our spawn to help the bots.  At this point dude had raged a few times in chat since I wasn't playing as he wanted me too.  Got this guy raging in chat, Lambo in a flight on the red team to deal with, for the second time, screw it and moved to the garrison.  Now this guy continued raging in chat over things, and pinged the red CC all the way over by the red spawn.  By this time the red team had control of all objectives, even the CC I took earlier, other than the garrison I just took.  This guy wanted me to fly from one side of the map to the near other side in a GA through red fighters and a flight.  I focused on the objectives near by, since after getting shot down by Lambo I respawned and went back the the CC near our spawn again. 

So opinions?  Basically looking if there was something I missed in the play, or if this guy was just an a**.  Also in the end results he was slightly under me in PP score. 

Edit:

Airbase correction. 

Edited by medoyehd, 12 May 2018 - 12:35 PM.

jack_wdw #2 Posted 12 May 2018 - 07:52 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 332 battles
Let them rage, play like you want.
It's just a game

poisonousblood #3 Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:53 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5154 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Postmedoyehd, on 12 May 2018 - 07:39 AM, said:

Lambo805's opinion means more as he was in game on the red team.  And I would post the video, but the rando I was with raged in chat near all game, and continued after with a few messages in personal message, with vulgarities and insults.  And the person is a closed beta tester who has posted a few times in the forums. 

Seems I am an idiot that needs to uninstall the game, as per my rando teammate.  Why?

Game was on Plateau - Turning Point. 

Both spawns had a CC and an airfield near them, with the garrison center. 

I'm playing an Me 265 missing only the last engine upgrade. 

Start of game I move to the nearest CC and start working to take it.  Once taken I begin moving to the nearest airbase (closest to red spawn), but turned back once I saw a red GA moving for the CC just taken.  Shot him down and began moving to the airbase nearest our spawn to help the bots.  At this point dude had raged a few times in chat since I wasn't playing as he wanted me too.  Got this guy raging in chat, Lambo in a flight on the red team to deal with, for the second time, screw it and moved to the garrison.  Now this guy continued raging in chat over things, and pinged the red CC all the way over by the red spawn.  By this time the red team had control of all objectives, even the CC I took earlier, other than the garrison I just took.  This guy wanted me to fly from one side of the map to the near other side in a GA through red fighters and a flight.  I focused on the objectives near by, since after getting shot down by Lambo I respawned and went back the the CC near our spawn again. 

So opinions?  Basically looking if there was something I missed in the play, or if this guy was just an a**.  Also in the end results he was slightly under me in PP score. 

Hi, I hope this doesn't come to you as an insult as I want to point out that your strategy was kind of wrong. I am here just to tell you the importance of different bases.

Your decision to take CC was absolutely correct but after taken care of CC, your mistake was to go to the airfield. A GAA can never take an airfield all by itself just by destroying structures because in the end you will be a short of some capture points. Therefore you need to kill a defending aircraft to capture airfield completely.

Bot GAAs are clever and I learned a lot from their priority of bases and everybody should observe how bot behaves because trust me they are clever!

Priority of bases for bot GAAs:

Mining plant > Command Centre / Missile base > Garrison > Airfield / Airbase

But to be effective at winning with a GAA

Mining plant > Command Centre > Missile base > Garrison > Airfield / Airbase

Now why i think Command Centres are so important when enemies have one for them. Attack flight bombers keep human players busy, meaning your human player can kick some bots buttocks, which means he can capture airfield or garrision for example.

Since you left the enemy CC untouched, your human teammate has to deal with attack bombers as well as human players and bots, where as you are just cruising around because the only threat you have are AA guns and human players.

Now sometimes you might notice that there is only one Airfield in the middle of the map (I think its one of the maps Albion), bot priotize the Airfield first. Maybe it comes in between Mining Plants, I don't know why they behave specifically on one particular map.

I hope it helps you decide during a battle and be successful in winning games.

Edited by poisonousblood, 12 May 2018 - 09:56 AM.

medoyehd #4 Posted 12 May 2018 - 10:05 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 361 battles

View Postpoisonousblood, on 12 May 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

Hi, I hope this doesn't come to you as an insult as I want to point out that your strategy was kind of wrong. I am here just to tell you the importance of different bases.

Your decision to take CC was absolutely correct but after taken care of CC, your mistake was to go to the airfield. A GAA can never take an airfield all by itself just by destroying structures because in the end you will be a short of some capture points. Therefore you need to kill a defending aircraft to capture airfield completely.

Bot GAAs are clever and I learned a lot from their priority of bases and everybody should observe how bot behaves because trust me they are clever!

Priority of bases for bot GAAs:

Mining plant > Command Centre / Missile base > Garrison > Airfield / Airbase

But to be effective at winning with a GAA

Mining plant > Command Centre > Missile base > Garrison > Airfield / Airbase

Now why i think Command Centres are so important when enemies have one for them. Attack flight bombers keep human players busy, meaning your human player can kick some bots buttocks, which means he can capture airfield or garrision for example.

Since you left the enemy CC untouched, your human teammate has to deal with attack bombers as well as human players and bots, where as you are just cruising around because the only threat you have are AA guns and human players.

Now sometimes you might notice that there is only one Airfield in the middle of the map (I think its one of the maps Albion), bot priotize the Airfield first. Maybe it comes in between Mining Plants, I don't know why they behave specifically on one particular map.

I hope it helps you decide during a battle and be successful in winning games.

Usually my priorities are Mining plants, CCs, and rocket bases first.  Though I have started just following bots these days since I find I fly somewhere and find I'm flying solo. 

This game though I prioritized the CC near spawn first, started to go airbase but turned to take out a red GA coming at the CC.  Then went garrison after killing the bot GA.  I saw crossing the entire map, controlled by the reds, to get to the 2nd CC near their spawn as a waste of time and effort.  We had a closer CC and center garrison that were not being held. 

Edited by medoyehd, 12 May 2018 - 01:27 PM.

SpiritFoxMY #5 Posted 12 May 2018 - 11:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1533 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Sneaking up across the map to attack the enemy CC isn't a wasted effort so long as it draws enemy airplanes away from the bomber flights and you don't die in the cap itself. Depending on the situation, I would actually prioritize sneaking across the map and drawing fighters away from the bomber flights over capping Garrisons - IF you can help even a single flight of bombers to make a successful bombing run, all other Garrisons and caps besides airfields will fall to the double bomber waves. 

Since I fly German (and now the Chinese) GGAs, I sometimes go so far as to shoot down bombers in my GAA if I happen to cross paths with them. As a mostly fighter inclined guy, even having to deal with one less bomber is a godsend.

Edit: Ok, looks like a no-win situation through no fault of the GAA.

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 12 May 2018 - 12:25 PM.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

clodhoppr #6 Posted 12 May 2018 - 12:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1006 battles
  • [SF] SF

Regarding the raging...

I have seen a lot more of this behavior with 2.0 because this version can be so f'ing frustrating.

In game raging, post game raging, raging is always bad, but after losing 4 to 5 plus games in a row its pretty tough to be smiling a loving 2.0...!

I always appreciated input from fellow players in game or in the forum or clan mates; however, everyone has an opinion. Some things work, somethings don't.

Unless you're MARS, then everything works...

medoyehd #7 Posted 12 May 2018 - 12:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 361 battles

View Postclodhoppr, on 12 May 2018 - 07:21 PM, said:

Regarding the raging...

I have seen a lot more of this behavior with 2.0 because this version can be so f'ing frustrating.

In game raging, post game raging, raging is always bad, but after losing 4 to 5 plus games in a row its pretty tough to be smiling a loving 2.0...!

I always appreciated input from fellow players in game or in the forum or clan mates; however, everyone has an opinion. Some things work, somethings don't.

Unless you're MARS, then everything works...

I get that it can be frustrating.  I went 4 games straight against flights on the red team today.  2 games against Lambo605 in a flight, and 1 game against Mustang and Bjorn in a flight, and the 4th some randoms I didn't know in a flight.  I'm sick of flights now, and logged off for the day.  Still didn't rage at my random teammate from the start because they didn't play how I wanted them to play, and would have no excuse if I did. 

Edited by medoyehd, 12 May 2018 - 12:39 PM.

clodhoppr #8 Posted 12 May 2018 - 12:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1006 battles
  • [SF] SF

View Postmedoyehd, on 12 May 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

I get that it can be frustrating.  I went 4 games straight against flights on the red team today.  2 games against Lambo605 in a flight, and 1 game against Mustang and Bjorn in a flight, and the 4th some randoms I didn't know in a flight.  I'm sick of flights now, and logged off for the day.  Still didn't rage at my random teammate from the start because they didn't play how I wanted them to play, and would have no excuse if I did. 

But you are correct..

Regardless of the level of frustration, raging at other players is unacceptable.

Those who rage at other players should hang a heavy bag next to their comps..

trikke #9 Posted 12 May 2018 - 02:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1584 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postclodhoppr, on 12 May 2018 - 07:53 AM, said:

But you are correct..

Regardless of the level of frustration, raging at other players is unacceptable.

Those who rage at other players should hang a heavy bag next to their comps..

i don't see much salt from in-game chat...  but i certainly hear it from flight buddies    lol

battle plans are always 100% effective, right up until the first gun is fired

but, back to the OP's question...  i'm always torn when i see a GA flying toward a cap that i just flipped while in a GA, should i defend or just move on to the next cap?

if it's a bot, i'll usually let it fly past me       if it's a human, i'll always engage 

Edited by trikke, 12 May 2018 - 02:20 PM.

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Zigfreid #10 Posted 12 May 2018 - 06:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 5147 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Raging is wrong in any form, and there is a report button.

You can also take a screen shot of raging in chat and send it in.

You must take both CC first even if you have to fly across the map.

If you pass an enemy G/A fire on it press F4 to flag it for your team to kill.

Your role is to flip caps with bombs and front guns not dog fighting G/A.

Every minute you spend dog fighting is wasted if caps are not being flipped. 

And every plane on you team could kill that G/A faster than you so press F4.

And every L/F H/F Mult-role will have trouble taking out armored targets, see the picture!

So if you are dog fighting G/A and fighters are shooting armored targets>instant LOSS!

trikke #11 Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1584 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

well, Zig certainly knows what what's he's talking about...

i'll just add enemy human GA killing to the long list of things i do that pisses off my blue teammates, because i cannot resist

at the top of that list?   revenge-chasing down and killing the last guy who shot me down

that's just ridiculous... what idiot does that, you say?

this guy

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Reitousair #12 Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4281 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Hmm, I would say that it was a mistake to go back and defend the comms over going on the offensive, sure you killed him but now you have to get moving to another point all over again. Going after the airbase isn't necessarily a bad thing since if you can capture it quickly that's a large boon and then you could dash back and retake the comms, after that you could move to the center for the garrison. But it doesn't make much sense to try and circumvent the entire enemy team and sneak around the entire map just to take one point so I don't see much blame on you there, it could be helpful but it relies too heavily on raw aircraft speed and capping speed.

Still, I'd say I have had times where my jaw has dropped in disbelief at horrendous moves other players do, but, I refuse to go yell at them in chat, it's just not productive.  If somebody is doing something wrong it's easier to recommend or suggest different tactics they can do, not calling them all sorts of vulgarities, keep the morale up or at the very least keep them focused a bit.

...Though I will admit I love people getting mad at me it gives me a good laugh when they go ballistic in chat or private messages. I've been called many things but usually I end outperforming the people insulting me, probably due to me being more focused and laughing over their scatter-brained rage.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

SonicPariah #13 Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:38 AM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 86 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

Salient and well thought out points for strategy all around.

Thank you all for the excellent constructive and civil thoughts on this matter. If you do indeed experience chat abuse, please let us know and we will gladly look into it.

shirime #14 Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:44 PM

Senior Airman

• 3269 battles
  • [FPOA] FPOA

Regardless of anything else, someone who spends the game raging and making you wince to read chat, let alone following up with PM after match should only be ignored, muted, and/or reported, at your discretion.

I don't care if you crashed into the ground after flying 100m every sortie (which you didn't), and I don't care if the rager has a 99.44% win rate and got every medal in the game in the match (which they didn't), it's a *** game, with a community of players that are not well served or imho represented by that kind of behavior. I'll admit to occasionally screaming at my screen when I see someone playing what I would call "aggressively poorly" (which it doesn't seem you were) much to the amusement of my wife, but it is just not civil or helpful to type it.

It's hard to comment on the specifics of the game as it can be a little situational what the best thing to do is at any given point.

Even the initial cap of the CC can occasionally be worth questioning; it really stinks when the order of caps is:

1. You get CC

2. They get AF, your bombers attack their AF

3. They get CC, their bombers attack your CC

There are certain maps where sequences like this happen all too often making it possibly worthwhile to get a garrison first. That having been said, I am definitely muddying the waters here, CC is solid choice for first target.

I'll second spending time shooting down the incoming bot GA was probably not optimal, though I certainly understand the impulse and can't say I haven't done that myself in GAs; especially when you come across that occasional three bot GA group that left alone will be a real issue. If they're coming in to a high-value cap I just got I will find it very hard not to take the couple of minutes not to take them out. But generally, yeah, GA's shouldn't spend time dog fighting unless you have superiority.

In terms of what next, I think it depends on the disposition of the teams and where the momentum is (not that that can't/won't change by the time the 265 can get there...).

If the other team is really concentrated at the center garrison, I can understand the impulse to go to Airfield, but as people said above, airfield can be hard to help in a GA. I wonder in your situation if Garrison would have been the best second cap. Can certainly understand why you'd avoid it if the writing was on the wall (e.g., they have 9 folks in the garrison to your 3).

In terms of AF, if there's active dogfighting above the cap that will have far more effect on the cap progress than a GA ripping through the ground targets. The GA can tip the balance, but can also waste a lot of time as planes die above. I remember a couple games where I literally destroyed every single ground target in an AF and still it wasn't capped because of the sequence of kills in the dog fights above. If your solo in an AF in a GA, as people have been saying you'll have to kill at least one ADF.

The idea of flying through/past the center to get to their CC seems slightly silly; that feels like more of a HF/MF strat. Come to think of it, this map is more of an HF/MF map... wondering what the other humans were flying.

And at the risk of of incriminating myself when I'm flying my usual LFs/MFs, was the rager helping you directly in your GA? Helping with clearing your tail, taking out ADFs? Or, doing their own thing and leaving you to the wolves...

Lambo805 #15 Posted 19 May 2018 - 12:26 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• -Community Ace-
  • 1164 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
Oh...uh...por que no los dos?

Sorry you had a rough game though dude.  

Honestly these guys have all said what I would say, but the big key when playing a GA or bomber is to just keep moving. Your job is solely to take bases, leave the defense to the LF/HF/MRs buzzing around. I know most of them are kinda...well they're bots. Even still, you're best off just moving point to point with a purpose and leave the interdiction/defense to the planes best suited for it. So, yes you misplayed a couple parts, but also that guy was just bein a donkey. 

People rage, for whatever reason, and they seem to like to take it out on their teammates. I just shrug it off or have a laugh about it. Either way, keep doing what you do. If you're struggling, switch it up! 

See you in the skies!
Me: "It's not bragging if you can do it!"

My tombstone: He was bragging.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users