Jump to content


40% off coupon?


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Unemployed_Bot #1 Posted 11 May 2018 - 02:24 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 3076 battles
  • 22
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    07-02-2012

Anyone else receive one of these on their account? Just showed up and says it is to be used in the WoWP prem shop and is good on reg prices planes and packages. No message as to where it came from and no email either.

 

Just wondering if anyone else had info on it.



Blucraft #2 Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:12 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1351 battles
  • 192
  • Member since:
    08-20-2011

I've gotten them in the past.  Not sure why...they're usually very specific about how you can apply them.  I just got a new one for 40% as well today.  It's good for 30 days.

 

-Blu



SpiritFoxMY #3 Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:17 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2496 battles
  • 1,728
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

Maybe its a sorta-apology for all the recent problems with the game? :P

 

That IL-10M is calling to me now...

 

Note: Only on premium airplanes that are not already on discount it seems, not on anything else.


Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 11 May 2018 - 03:53 PM.

***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


Lambo805 #4 Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:27 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • -Community Ace-
  • 1570 battles
  • 201
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

That's the main issue I've had with these.

 

"to be used on anything in shop that's not a special offer, not a limited time deal, not on discount, does not include gold or premium time. But anything beside that!"

 

Bruh, that's literally all the things in the shop. 


Me: "It's not bragging if you can do it!"

My tombstone: He was bragging.

I_QQ_4_U #5 Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:57 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2108 battles
  • 268
  • Member since:
    10-17-2016

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 11 May 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

Maybe its a sorta-apology for all the recent problems with the game? :P

 

That IL-10M is calling to me now...

 

Note: Only on premium airplanes that are not already on discount it seems, not on anything else.

 

The Il-10M is ridiculous. I just bought it because it was on sale and I have a ton of gold sitting there doing nothing and I don't regret it at all, it's like a semi-OK dogfighter than can blow crap up on the ground as well. The ordnance isn't that great for a GA but the guns....the guns...

 

I have a new crew in it but games like this are pretty common, going to love to see what happens once I get some skills on them.

 

https://s19.postimg....wgj/Il10m_1.jpg



Lambo805 #6 Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:53 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • -Community Ace-
  • 1570 battles
  • 201
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on 11 May 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

 

The Il-10M is ridiculous.

 

What are the guns on the Il-10M? I was thinking of picking it up but the Il-10 has been a nightmare so far so it lost all appeal for me.

 


Me: "It's not bragging if you can do it!"

My tombstone: He was bragging.

Bear_82 #7 Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:32 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 45 battles
  • 758
  • [GWG] GWG
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostLambo805, on 11 May 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

 

What are the guns on the Il-10M? I was thinking of picking it up but the Il-10 has been a nightmare so far so it lost all appeal for me.

 

 

​NR-23, essentially the same guns as the upgrade in IL-40, DPS 170, RoF 480, effective range 2625ft

LMG #8 Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:56 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1868 battles
  • 1,510
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostLambo805, on 11 May 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

What are the guns on the Il-10M? I was thinking of picking it up but the Il-10 has been a nightmare so far so it lost all appeal for me.

 

IL-10M uses the same 23s as the IL-20 when fully upgraded. The bombs are very lackluster too, but the rockets are good for the tier.

 

Are you running the IL-10 without the quad 23s? If so, I suggest getting the ordnance first. Soviet GAAs live and die on their ordnance and firepower, in that order


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

HEAVEYGEAR #9 Posted 11 May 2018 - 11:02 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 294 battles
  • 841
  • [GWG] GWG
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
I just got an email for a survey on what I think about the Goblin. Included with that was a 40% discount in the premium shop.


I've knocked on death's door.....no one answered.....I don't complain much anymore.

Me.

SpiritFoxMY #10 Posted 11 May 2018 - 11:14 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2496 battles
  • 1,728
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

View PostHEAVEYGEAR, on 12 May 2018 - 07:02 AM, said:

I just got an email for a survey on what I think about the Goblin. Included with that was a 40% discount in the premium shop.

 

Yeah, same here. Looks like the coupon was for actually buying the Gobbo.

***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


CorvusCorvax #11 Posted 11 May 2018 - 11:37 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1352 battles
  • 1,403
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I did not get a coupon.  Hmm.

 



SpiritFoxMY #12 Posted 12 May 2018 - 05:06 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2496 battles
  • 1,728
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on 12 May 2018 - 12:57 AM, said:

 

The Il-10M is ridiculous. I just bought it because it was on sale and I have a ton of gold sitting there doing nothing and I don't regret it at all, it's like a semi-OK dogfighter than can blow crap up on the ground as well. The ordnance isn't that great for a GA but the guns....the guns...

 

I have a new crew in it but games like this are pretty common, going to love to see what happens once I get some skills on them.

 

https://s19.postimg....wgj/Il10m_1.jpg

 

AHAHAAHAHAHA - yes. This plane is hilarious.

***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


CorvusCorvax #13 Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:42 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1352 battles
  • 1,403
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 12 May 2018 - 05:06 AM, said:

 

AHAHAAHAHAHA - yes. This plane is hilarious.

 

Well, it appears as though I got a 40% off coupon, too.  So, if I buy the IL-10M, that means that each plane (the Gobling and the IL-10M) will have cost about $42 each.  Actually, not too bad a deal, especially since that pesky little egg prints silver.

SonicPariah #14 Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:45 AM

    Community Manager

  • Administrator
  • 422 battles
  • 835
  • [WGATX] WGATX
  • Member since:
    05-22-2016
These are sent out for various reasons like buying certain items, participating in certain events, filling out surveys, or just being a long time member.

trikke #15 Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:44 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2152 battles
  • 1,590
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

i own all the fun preemies already...  i'd hate to buy just another hangar queen

 

but... i should re-look at some that i rage-sold before i learned to fly boomzoomers

 

 

what about the extremely fast but low punching power 209?    with the discount on the plane, i could then afford gold ammo, offsetting the weak punch

 

i never see them in battle, except being flown by bots         it's not on sale or discounted now, so...

 

 

omg! after comparing, the fully-upped 109e has more than double the punch of the forever-stock 209, so my quest goes on...

 

the 40% discount is worth more when buying a more expensive plane...   does anyone recommend the ki-88, if i fly it like a 109?


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

CorvusCorvax #16 Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:55 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1352 battles
  • 1,403
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Posttrikke, on 14 May 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

 

omg! after comparing, the fully-upped 109e has more than double the punch of the forever-stock 209, so my quest goes on...

 

the 40% discount is worth more when buying a more expensive plane...   does anyone recommend the ki-88, if i fly it like a 109?

The 209V4 is so fast, so incredibly fast.  Blindingly fast.  Yes, the guns are weak, but damn, this plane is fast.  You go up high, stoop directly down on your victim, then fly out before they even get a quarter of a turn in.  You can fly away from everything at-tier.  Don't run out of boost, or you will die.  Don't try and turn on anything but a GAA, or you will die.  Don't sneeze on the airframe, or you will die.

 

Did I mention how fast it was?



trikke #17 Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:16 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2152 battles
  • 1,590
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 14 May 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:

The 209V4 is so fast, so incredibly fast.  Blindingly fast.  Yes, the guns are weak, but damn, this plane is fast.  You go up high, stoop directly down on your victim, then fly out before they even get a quarter of a turn in.  You can fly away from everything at-tier.  Don't run out of boost, or you will die.  Don't try and turn on anything but a GAA, or you will die.  Don't sneeze on the airframe, or you will die.

 

Did I mention how fast it was?

 

lol...  why, yes, you did!    and i do like fast and high     i like it a lot!     ty, man

 

but i've already used the coupon on something else


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

StoptheViolins #18 Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:30 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1655 battles
  • 874
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
I am waiting for the next T9 - P-82 which would seem appropriate given the survey topic.

CorvusCorvax #19 Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:44 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1352 battles
  • 1,403
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Posttrikke, on 14 May 2018 - 03:16 PM, said:

 

lol...  why, yes, you did!    and i do like fast and high     i like it a lot!     ty, man

 

but i've already used the coupon on something else

 

What you *did* use it on was perfect.  But, if you ever decide to buy it, let me help you by running a BnZ heavy while you run this guy.  It is the only way I'll be able to keep up with you.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users