• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

ArrowZ_ #1 Posted 09 May 2018 - 01:53 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 948 battles

Part 2: https://youtu.be/t_e4Jp2vqBs

Part 3: https://youtu.be/9dpEFeUhQxs

I missed last week's post on my grind week post on these forums. So I'll continue the trend with my thunderbolt line grind onto the Tier V! Quite a few nice surprises with the XP-44. From increased amount of .50cals to higher altitude ceilings, bigger lb bombs, capability of doing BnZ while on a top tier match... I'd say this thing has much promise to make a place in one of the most entertaining & fun Multiroles to play with at TIer V. I'm starting to feel the lack in maneuverability with the thunderbolts with this aircraft and I have a feeling it's just going to get worse lols... But! that won't stop me from getting my Thunderstreak :playing:

Tried a few odd things in my setups. Let me know down below how I went with this aircraft? Have you flown the XP-44 before? If so tell me of your experiences! How do you setup it up? How do you fly her? And I'll see you all in the skies! :honoring:

Edited by ArrowZ_, 09 May 2018 - 01:54 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

Blucraft #2 Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:01 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1351 battles

I wanted to try something new and I just unlocked this plane last weekend.  I've got it fully upgraded now and I'm currently experimenting.  As of now, I'm trying a combo of speed and tank:

XP-44_setup-050818.JPG

-Blu

ArrowZ_ #3 Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:46 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 948 battles

View PostBlucraft, on 09 May 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

I wanted to try something new and I just unlocked this plane last weekend.  I've got it fully upgraded now and I'm currently experimenting.  As of now, I'm trying a combo of speed and tank:

XP-44_setup-050818.JPG

-Blu

Cool thx for sharing! May look into this build and try it later. 

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

FluffyPabu #4 Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:23 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5968 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
I play MRFs as GAA hunters and attack remaining light armored (sometimes armored) structures. American Republic MRFs might be fast to perform BnZ, but it doesn't have the best optimal altitude to do perfectly. Many LFs can just hunt these MRFs down easily. I fly them in between GAAs and LFs altitude and do not forget, MRFs are the best defenders.

ArrowZ_ #5 Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:50 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 948 battles

View Postpoisonousblood, on 09 May 2018 - 05:53 PM, said:

I play MRFs as GAA hunters and attack remaining light armored (sometimes armored) structures. American Republic MRFs might be fast to perform BnZ, but it doesn't have the best optimal altitude to do perfectly. Many LFs can just hunt these MRFs down easily. I fly them in between GAAs and LFs altitude and do not forget, MRFs are the best defenders.

I get the same feel for these thunderbolts as they are best to deal with GAs that are down low and slow especially the bots. Player GAs might be a little difficult with higher pilot skills with a tough TG. And yea I probably just got lucky on the last battle during this session being top tier and not many high altitude fighters that stayed around my level. Still many things to look forward to the P-47s. I hope the grind isn't too painful!

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

gerr22 #6 Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:46 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2391 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

i stil have from xp 43 through to xp72 also have an xp75 i have a setup difference from BLu and Arrowz lightweight airframe /engine tuning and control surface adjustment 

great moneymakers can take a punch and deal out

LeastWeasel #7 Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:24 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 748 battles
Nice work! I’m on the last leg of the P-47N grind, and yeah, the manueverability shortcomings get really pronounced when you hit the 47’s. I went with speed/tank setups, but experimented with all sorts. The one must-run peice of equipment is definitely engine tuning - once I get a sixth skill point, I’ll likely run protection expert/guru/demo with covering/livery/tuning... but until I get the prot skill, my builds remain flexible. The big thing is (through skills and careful aim) maximizing your ordnance, and being able to max your speed. Sights can help with the guns, but if you can get in line for a good burst at

GiN_nTonic #8 Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:27 PM

Captain

• 226 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Nice vid - I am curious are you using a joystick? 

ArrowZ_ #9 Posted 10 May 2018 - 12:31 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 948 battles

View Postgerr22, on 09 May 2018 - 09:16 PM, said:

i stil have from xp 43 through to xp72 also have an xp75 i have a setup difference from BLu and Arrowz lightweight airframe /engine tuning and control surface adjustment 

great moneymakers can take a punch and deal out

Nice. That's what I run on most of my light fighters. Very reliable choices of equipments.

View PostLeastWeasel, on 09 May 2018 - 11:54 PM, said:

Nice work! I’m on the last leg of the P-47N grind, and yeah, the manueverability shortcomings get really pronounced when you hit the 47’s. I went with speed/tank setups, but experimented with all sorts. The one must-run peice of equipment is definitely engine tuning - once I get a sixth skill point, I’ll likely run protection expert/guru/demo with covering/livery/tuning... but until I get the prot skill, my builds remain flexible. The big thing is (through skills and careful aim) maximizing your ordnance, and being able to max your speed. Sights can help with the guns, but if you can get in line for a good burst at

Interesting! Thx for sharing the extra info! Will definitely try the tank builds on these thunderbolts.

View PostGiN_nTonic, on 10 May 2018 - 07:57 AM, said:

Nice vid - I am curious are you using a joystick? 

Yep using joystick. Used to be mouse/keyboard. But when CSP came in I switched to joystick for better control inputs and aiming benefits. I still use mouse/keyboard today especially with bombers for easier access in keybinds and view controls. But joystick for everything else.

Edited by ArrowZ_, 10 May 2018 - 12:32 AM.

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

Also tagged with XP-44

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users