• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #41 Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:41 PM

First Lieutenant

• 365 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostSonicPariah, on 10 May 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

Thanks for the contribution!

Right now, we are working on Supertest as there is not a Supertest group currently in any region. Also, our office is not in Kiev.

That's silly talk Sonic Piranha it's already been tested...

you don't have to run "Supertest" on v.1.4...

just slap a new and improved label on it and re-re

like this:

~Old Skool~WoWP Re~Re 2.33~

... see, pretty damn cool, huh!?

:):P  :teethhappy::great:  :honoring:  :D  :coin:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Catch21 #42 Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2273 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostSonicPariah, on 10 May 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

Also, our office is not in Kiev.

Does this mean Persha Studios is no longer involved in WoWP development? And if so, to whom has further development (and fixes) gone to?

mnbv_fockewulfe #43 Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:48 PM

First Lieutenant

• 236 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPerco_lator, on 10 May 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

I refuse to be called a baby girl without the benefits.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

mnbv_fockewulfe #44 Posted 10 May 2018 - 09:00 PM

First Lieutenant

• 236 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Shoot, there's no supertest anywhere? This is news to me as I'm sure this would've exploded on the RU forum if it were true. 

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

SonicPariah #45 Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:04 AM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 112 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 10 May 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

I included you in a PM. Either you're feigning ignorance or no one told you yet. I'll leave it to your discretion as to how badly the community needs to know this.  

There was just a miscommunication that I am glad we cleared up with that message!

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 10 May 2018 - 08:41 PM, said:

That's silly talk Sonic Piranha it's already been tested...

you don't have to run "Supertest" on v.1.4...

just slap a new and improved label on it and re-re

like this:

~Old Skool~WoWP Re~Re 2.33~

... see, pretty damn cool, huh!?

:):P  :teethhappy::great:  :honoring:  :D  :coin:

PERFECT! I will make sure we get it to Production! :-P

View PostCatch21, on 10 May 2018 - 08:44 PM, said:

Does this mean Persha Studios is no longer involved in WoWP development? And if so, to whom has further development (and fixes) gone to?

Our Dev team is still alive and kicking but not out of Kiev.

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 10 May 2018 - 09:00 PM, said:

Shoot, there's no supertest anywhere? This is news to me as I'm sure this would've exploded on the RU forum if it were true. 

There is indeed still a Supertest. Turns out there was NOT a Supertest for some time. This was the information I have.

After tracking down further information, our Supertest is currently active in RU region and we are working on possibilities for EU and NA Supertests to make sure we have a flush set of data for all "Active Regions."

Catch21 #46 Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:29 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2273 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostCatch21, on 10 May 2018 - 08:44 PM, said:

View PostSonicPariah, on 14 May 2018 - 02:04 AM, said:

Oh dear, I'm not a fan of the Persha Studios 'Dev' team, but I hope Minsk haven't moved them somewhere East and cold and nasty to try and motivate them, not to mention reduce the huge yawning chasm that is the credibility gap between them and their customer player base. It might have been better to just release them and ship the function to some other outfit (like the WoT or WoS Dev teams where there's at least a track record of competence).

And what about the QA Department team? Did Minsk just shoot them out of hand? I'm asking because they seem completely AWOL on something like the Garage filter function, where the x2 (+) Experience Bonus filter doesn't work (at least not when it's x5). It's one thing to bork the programming on something as relatively simple as this, quite another to let it slip through QA to production.

For feedback on player #s, some folks (like me) will still play occasionally when the benefits outweigh the pain of continuing, though reduced in number, Crashes To Desktop (CTDs) and other problems. A x5 XP weekend means a significant amount of XP can be generated for use in WoT, so your player #s include that. Eliminate the WoT links (XP, Gold) and you'd probably eliminate more players, though you'd actually have to do it (or poll players) to quantify how many players you'd lose. At sub-1.9 #s now (trends here), I'd suggest Persha (if they're still involved now development is apparently ex-Kiev) would run out of runway if they did this.

Perco_lator #47 Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

View PostSonicPariah, on 13 May 2018 - 10:04 PM, said:

So is Elvis.

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

MARS_REVENANT #48 Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:53 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3240 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostSonicPariah, on 13 May 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

There is indeed still a Supertest. Turns out there was NOT a Supertest for some time. This was the information I have.

After tracking down further information, our Supertest is currently active in RU region and we are working on possibilities for EU and NA Supertests to make sure we have a flush set of data for all "Active Regions."

Priolia told me that if I signed up for an RU account and played a minimum of 500 battles I could be signed up for the SuperTest team.  However everything will be in Russian and there is a lot of information and reporting.

Although SuperTest is cool because you get your hand on planes before they come out, it is a LOT of work as well.  You are not just flying around having fun.  Playing the game becomes work, and you have to spend a lot of time trying up reports on various aspects of game play.  You also have to meet deadlines, so you end up putting this 'WORK' ahead of your own gaming.  You might miss events, sales, etc.  And in the end, you don't get to keep the planes, so all you get is the ability to try something first.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users