Jump to content


Okay, let's have it...


  • Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Lambo805 #1 Posted 08 May 2018 - 05:56 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • -Community Ace-
  • 1529 battles
  • 201
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Alright, I've donned my FPE and I'm ready...so let's have it. I know a lot of you are chafed that I'm new and I just can't possibly understand the struggle and hardship, but why? Why in the world are y'all so upset about this game that you refuse to try to support it in any manner other than playing it? I'm not referring to those of you stickin around for the forum community to hang out and 'hangar fly' that no longer play the game, I'm looking at the rest of you that fly, and I run into from time to time in battle, that do not have any interest in trying to submit support tickets for an issue or that have no more constructive criticisms than "Tried that, didn't work, so now I just piss and moan about it here!" 

I get it, you got burned. Fortunately I skipped that by having too many other pokers in the fire and not enough time, so I didn't play much pre-2.0; but I get it. I do. My question is why stick around, play the game, then come on here and rage that nothing will ever change? Why take it out on SonicPariah who just took over? If you keep putting the same thing to him I wouldn't blame him if he couldn't get anything done because you're not giving him any tools to work with. Most of what I see is "Glad you're here, but SSDD so I'm not gonna bother." or "Why would I help you? The last person didn't accomplish anything so you won't either!" Guys, seriously...if we keep doing the same thing we'll keep getting the same results. Can we at least try? This is a series of letters and numbers that magically makes it so we can click LMB and machine guns or autocannons propel digital rounds down range and hit another series of letters and numbers that are performing within a given construct. That is not easy to fix. Yes they burned you, but they seem to be making an effort. Rome wasn't built in a day, and physical construction is infinitely easier than coding in my opinion.

So what's the deal? Why bother playing/posting if you're going to be such negative Nancys all the time and never add anything useful to the game? One thing I've noticed is that everyone comes here to complain about the population dropping off...but if a new player does pop in here and all they see is complaining, why in God's green earth would they bother staying? Every one of us that does that is equally at fault for those players leaving as the bugs in the game.


So let's hear it, why do you persist in your negativity and continue playing the game without any positive contribution towards it's health aside from logging flights?


Me: "It's not bragging if you can do it!"

My tombstone: He was bragging.

Chuck_norris10 #2 Posted 08 May 2018 - 06:04 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 170 battles
  • 5,429
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

Well unless something changed with support then thats your reason most of us old timers left.

100 people could fill out tickets and get the same response,Send in DX,send logs,run ping plotter and after a week of this your told it's either your computer or your ISP.

 

The playerbase at one time did everything that could be asked and some even offered to come set up their servers properly but close to 40,000 battles for me and I just had enough and changing to this new version was a band aid and not a fix.

Theres a reason they were hemorrhaging players and it never was addressed and that was lousy support.


 

 


 

Lambo805 #3 Posted 08 May 2018 - 06:09 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • -Community Ace-
  • 1529 battles
  • 201
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostChuck_norris10, on 08 May 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

Well unless something changed with support then thats your reason most of us old timers left.

100 people could fill out tickets and get the same response,Send in DX,send logs,run ping plotter and after a week of this your told it's either your computer or your ISP.

 

The playerbase at one time did everything that could be asked and some even offered to come set up their servers properly but close to 40,000 battles for me and I just had enough and changing to this new version was a band aid and not a fix.

Theres a reason they were hemorrhaging players and it never was addressed and that was lousy support.

 

Okay that I get. 100%. I even experienced it yesterday. Had a verified glitch and sent in the ticket with DxDiag, Screenshot, logs, and even made a video for them which someone on YouTube DMCA'd because it had a song in the background that they owned the copyright to...so that came down. At any rate, the response was an explanation on how respawn mechanics work and how to respawn in a battle...so I get that. Happens all the time in WoWS and WoT too, but the key is if you have that happen reach to SonicPariah and he'll make sure it gets to the right person. Pariah has made it very apparent, I think, that he's reachable to help with those situations in the interest of helping us enjoy the game again. And he did, he made sure in real time that the devs got what they needed to chase the bug and cured my CSR ailment. 

I definitely don't fault those of you that left, this post isn't directed at you lot. It's more the people that stick around but just piss and moan constantly without even an ounce of interest in trying to help fix with the new CM here.
Me: "It's not bragging if you can do it!"

My tombstone: He was bragging.

clodhoppr #4 Posted 08 May 2018 - 06:10 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1077 battles
  • 456
  • [SF] SF
  • Member since:
    02-13-2013

View PostLambo805, on 08 May 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

 Why take it out on SonicPariah 

 

Who takes "it" out on Sonic!!?? :angry:



tahee59 #5 Posted 08 May 2018 - 06:27 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 22 battles
  • 1,789
  • Member since:
    07-31-2012
op you are 5 years to late.

SkyWolf__WM #6 Posted 08 May 2018 - 06:29 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 3000 battles
  • 3,917
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

I just live with it.

 


***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.


Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #7 Posted 08 May 2018 - 06:44 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 560 battles
  • 3,078
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

I just love the OP's positive outlook...

it's very refreshing to see once in a while

:great:


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


FlakValleyExpress #8 Posted 08 May 2018 - 06:58 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 25 battles
  • 3,884
  • Member since:
    02-09-2012
I don't think its negative feedback given, but rather constructive improvement suggestions by the NA WoWP players. The problem is we are not of the RU community. WoWP is an RU game. Why else would we have all these RU WoWP premium warplanes. We (NA WoWP players) will never be supertesters.  Our feedback IMO was tossed from the CT test and from other WoWP forum suggestions.  I think it's our hope as veterans, that the project leave the Kiev peoples hands and goes to another studio.

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 08 May 2018 - 06:58 PM.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

 


Perco_lator #9 Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:25 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 11 battles
  • 559
  • Member since:
    08-15-2015

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 08 May 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

I just love the OP's positive outlook...

it's very refreshing to see once in a while

:great:

 

Ya if you enjoy being wizzed on & told that it's rain.

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."


MARS_REVENANT #10 Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:31 PM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 3550 battles
  • 9,265
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 08 May 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

I just live with it.

 

 

Hey SkyWolf... glad to see you're still alive! <0.

 

Not sure about people taking it out on the new CM, there is mostly complaining about WG and WOWP.

 

I look at the forum as sort of a Customer Review section for a product.  When I am researching something I want to see all feedback, not just positive things.  If someone doesn't like something I appreciate reading about it, as long as they aren't going overboard.

 

WG needs to look at these forums as much as they look at the game.  The best course of action would be to fix the game, and the forum will fix itself.

 

I'm not sure why people continue to play and do nothing but complain, but if they stopped... there really wouldn't be much left going on here.  Again, fixing the game would fix the problem.

 

As for not filling out support tickets, the support system is as, or more broken than the game itself.  Lambo, you said you experienced it, when what you experienced was only the tip of the iceberg.  What I really don't understand is, how WG can keep requesting the player base to submit tickets  when all they need to do is test for themselves, or read these forums.  When the same issue is reported by multiple players, it is not their systems, or the ISP, it is the game.

 

The best course of action, get a solid group of testers together, test extensively before releasing, and actually listen to feedback and fix any bugs before releasing.  Again, fix the game and the problems with support and the forum will be fixed.

 

Essentially, you wont have people complaining if you don't give them anything to complain about.

 

REGARDS_

MARS_

 

 


1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


Lambo805 #11 Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:47 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • -Community Ace-
  • 1529 battles
  • 201
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Oh I've experienced far worse. That's just my most recent WoWP CS experience.

 

Reviews are fine, but there's not reviews. It's monkeys beating each other because they're going to climb a ladder with no clue as to why they do it.  That's what I'm asking. I obviously don't want the population to evaporate, but what I don't get is why people are so down on the game, but they continue investing hundreds more hours into it, and even continue buying premium aircraft/premium time/gold. What is the purpose of that? If I eat somewhere and the food is terrible, I don't keep going back so I can keep leaving negative comments on their review site...I certainly wouldn't lash out at the new people trying to make a difference of any sorts.


As for the rain comment...my outlook is positive because I'm still playing the game. If there were no hope for the game at all or if I didn't think it'd make a difference, I wouldn't bother. Like I initially asked: why be so down on everyone and everything if you hate the game so much and continue playing it?


Me: "It's not bragging if you can do it!"

My tombstone: He was bragging.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #12 Posted 08 May 2018 - 08:00 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 560 battles
  • 3,078
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostPerco_lator, on 08 May 2018 - 02:25 PM, said:

 

Ya if you enjoy being wizzed on & told that it's rain.

 

well... if you're standing in the middle of a 130 deg Fahrenheit desert the rain could be over 110 degrees and camels wizz is still 98.6

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Perco_lator #13 Posted 08 May 2018 - 09:36 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 11 battles
  • 559
  • Member since:
    08-15-2015

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 08 May 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

 

well... if you're standing in the middle of a 130 deg Fahrenheit desert the rain could be over 110 degrees and camels wizz is still 98.6

 

The internet genie told me a camel's wizz temperature would fluctuate just like it's internal temperature, anywhere between 93 & 106.

Somehow I doubt that it could even rain in a desert with an ambient temperature of a 130 but I would still go for the 110 degree rain if that's even a real thing over being wizzed on.


"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."


Chuck_norris10 #14 Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:04 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 170 battles
  • 5,429
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

View PostLambo805, on 08 May 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

 

Okay that I get. 100%. I even experienced it yesterday. Had a verified glitch and sent in the ticket with DxDiag, Screenshot, logs, and even made a video for them which someone on YouTube DMCA'd because it had a song in the background that they owned the copyright to...so that came down. At any rate, the response was an explanation on how respawn mechanics work and how to respawn in a battle...so I get that. Happens all the time in WoWS and WoT too, but the key is if you have that happen reach to SonicPariah and he'll make sure it gets to the right person. Pariah has made it very apparent, I think, that he's reachable to help with those situations in the interest of helping us enjoy the game again. And he did, he made sure in real time that the devs got what they needed to chase the bug and cured my CSR ailment. 

I definitely don't fault those of you that left, this post isn't directed at you lot. It's more the people that stick around but just piss and moan constantly without even an ounce of interest in trying to help fix with the new CM here.

 

Thats funny because some guys here actually did the same thing when I posted vids with copyrighted music.

 


 

 


 

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #15 Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:22 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 560 battles
  • 3,078
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostPerco_lator, on 08 May 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

 

The internet genie told me a camel's wizz temperature would fluctuate just like it's internal temperature, anywhere between 93 & 106.

Somehow I doubt that it could even rain in a desert with an ambient temperature of a 130 but I would still go for the 110 degree rain if that's even a real thing over being wizzed on.

 

so thank you for agreeing that even camel's piss can be as refreshing as this thread

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


MARS_REVENANT #16 Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:30 PM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 3550 battles
  • 9,265
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostLambo805, on 08 May 2018 - 02:47 PM, said:

Oh I've experienced far worse. That's just my most recent WoWP CS experience.

 

Reviews are fine, but there's not reviews. It's monkeys beating each other because they're going to climb a ladder with no clue as to why they do it.  That's what I'm asking. I obviously don't want the population to evaporate, but what I don't get is why people are so down on the game, but they continue investing hundreds more hours into it, and even continue buying premium aircraft/premium time/gold. What is the purpose of that? If I eat somewhere and the food is terrible, I don't keep going back so I can keep leaving negative comments on their review site...I certainly wouldn't lash out at the new people trying to make a difference of any sorts.


As for the rain comment...my outlook is positive because I'm still playing the game. If there were no hope for the game at all or if I didn't think it'd make a difference, I wouldn't bother. Like I initially asked: why be so down on everyone and everything if you hate the game so much and continue playing it?

 

Agreed.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


Perco_lator #17 Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:55 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 11 battles
  • 559
  • Member since:
    08-15-2015

View PostChuck_norris10, on 08 May 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

 

Thats funny because some guys here actually did the same thing when I posted vids with copyrighted music.

 

 

Dear Chuck,

 

Your videos were not blocked because anybody here reported them for using copyrighted music. Youtube uses software that scans your video & determines if you have any music content that the owners don't want shared on youtube. Most artists allow their music to be shared in videos on youtube & are paid royalties from advertisements that are added to videos. There are some artists that don't want their material on youtube & that is their right, these videos are removed by youtube.

 


"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."


mnbv_fockewulfe #18 Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:01 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 247 battles
  • 2,864
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

This thread is strangely absent of the aforementioned complainers mention by the OP.

 

edit: you know what? I think you are a bunch of yellow-bellied-sap-suckers for not showing up and defending/explaining yourselves

edit2: Sonic really needs to tell everyone what I know about the NA support issue that I'm not at liberty to tell about.


Edited by mnbv_fockewulfe, 09 May 2018 - 12:07 AM.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


MARS_REVENANT #19 Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:06 AM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 3550 battles
  • 9,265
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostPerco_lator, on 08 May 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

 

Dear Chuck,

 

Your videos were not blocked because anybody here reported them for using copyrighted music. Youtube uses software that scans your video & determines if you have any music content that the owners don't want shared on youtube. Most artists allow their music to be shared in videos on youtube & are paid royalties from advertisements that are added to videos. There are some artists that don't want their material on youtube & that is their right, these videos are removed by youtube.

 

 

The industry term is SPIDERS... just FYI

 


1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


MARS_REVENANT #20 Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:22 AM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 3550 battles
  • 9,265
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 08 May 2018 - 07:01 PM, said:

This thread is strangely absent of the aforementioned complainers mention by the OP.

 

edit: you know what? I think you are a bunch of yellow-bellied-sap-suckers for not showing up and defending/explaining yourselves

edit2: Sonic really needs to tell everyone what I know about the NA support issue that I'm not at liberty to tell about.

 

You can tell me in a PM... I wont tell anyone.  + we are friends aren't we? + if you don't tell me I wont be your friend anymore.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users