Humor - RU WoWP forum discussion on the Victory Day mission

Humor

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:17 PM

Captain

• 21 battles

I saw something on the RU WoWP forum that was funny and thought I would let you guys know about it. It deals with the  «Victory Emblem "End of War in Europe"» which you can looked at here. Anyways below is the discussion on the subject.

Block Quote

Player: What a strange picture? What does it symbolize?

Developer: Forced to peace, which lasted from 1939 to 1945 and ended with our peremptory victory. Which we will celebrate on May 9. 

Player: We have traditionally used carnations, well, or an olive branch, like in Picasso, and then HZ is a flower, like a poppy, but not a poppy. 

Developer: This is a poppy, a stylized image. And poppy is often used as a sign of respect for the fallen in the Second World War. 

(FVE - Sort of true, the poppy is a symbol from WW1 from Flanders fields, adopted later in the future wars for military service remembrance)

Player: Poppy is not ours, and poppy is strange, in the center of a six-petalled flower is somehow. And if you are already talking about World War II, the day of victory in the Second World War is celebrated in September. Something like this. 

Developer: This is the emblem for the aircraft of the Axis countries. In Europe, the Victory Day on May 8 is celebrated, by the way. 

Player: On Victory Day, the tasks for the Axis countries technology? Very strange. 

Developer: We have in the game airplanes are not only the winning side. And this emblem will remain with the player, and not with the Axis country, for that matter, leaving a player without an emblem is also ugly. On this discussion of the logo I ask you to stop - it is, it can be obtained for the combat mission, and we will not change anything in this respect.

RU WoWP forum source link

Everyone gets a trophy :medal::facepalm: 

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

mnbv_fockewulfe #2 Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:19 PM

First Lieutenant

• 236 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

What the?

Do you have a picture of the emblem?:trollface:

For once I really think the devs have no idea what they're talking about.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

NorthernPorter #3 Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 1227 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 07 May 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

What the?

Do you have a picture of the emblem?:trollface:

For once I really think the devs have no idea what they're talking about.

yup, he gave a link to it here: https://worldofwarpl...s/v-e-day-2018/

Its funny how the developer at the end was just like, 'this is the emblem, take it or leave, now stop complaining'... Probably longing for the days when in soviet Russia things like this wouldn't have been questioned.

Edited by NorthernPorter, 07 May 2018 - 07:35 PM.

Worland #4 Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:03 PM

Master Sergeant

• 425 battles
Weird. The poppy is really a British thing. Almost all of the world war(s) poppy emblems are British. Sure, it's a symbol we all recognize, but definitely not one I would associate with the Axis.

Wargaming is probably riding a fine line, as most Axis symbols are banned in one form or another in many countries. So, generic, birdie, poppy emblem.

Perco_lator #5 Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

View PostWorland, on 07 May 2018 - 06:03 PM, said:

Weird. The poppy is really a British thing. Almost all of the world war(s) poppy emblems are British. Sure, it's a symbol we all recognize, but definitely not one I would associate with the Axis.

Wargaming is probably riding a fine line, as most Axis symbols are banned in one form or another in many countries. So, generic, birdie, poppy emblem.

You may want to read this as to the origins of the use of a red poppy as a symbol of remembrance.

https://en.wikipedia...e_poppy#Origins

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

FlakValleyExpress #6 Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:37 AM

Captain

• 21 battles

View PostWorland, on 07 May 2018 - 05:03 PM, said:

Weird. The poppy is really a British thing. Almost all of the world war(s) poppy emblems are British. 

Not true as pointed out above. However the whole thing that the Germans can't be forgotten too gives me the willy's. Do people not know what is right and wrong anymore?

Vae victis

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

SlappedbyRommel #7 Posted 08 May 2018 - 05:05 PM

Master Sergeant

• 946 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 08 May 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

Not true as pointed out above. However the whole thing that the Germans can't be forgotten too gives me the willy's. Do people not know what is right and wrong anymore?

As a first generation Canuck with heritage from the German stock if my father was alive he most likely could answer your question above. If you were a 17 year kid drafted into the German army/air-force then put through one of the worst war's of the world we need everyone to remember not to go down that path again. Remember you don't choose your parents or the country of origin you are born in so to remember is good for all sides of any conflict as long as you learn from it.

I give the developers credit in trying to kinda have this in the game but they need to do more research on the historical aspects to get it correct.

Also, the poppy is a Canadian origin from WW1 Flanders fields as an above link shows and we wear it to remember what all the vets did for the country and to support them - I did wear one when I went through the border to the U.S and the border guard asked what it was and why I told him and he said pretty good since he said he has never heard of the poppy but why they put it on an emblem in WOP as a reward is strange to me.

Edited by SlappedbyRommel, 08 May 2018 - 05:06 PM.

FlakValleyExpress #8 Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:10 PM

Captain

• 21 battles

View PostSlappedbyRommel, on 08 May 2018 - 12:05 PM, said:

As a first generation Canuck with heritage from the German stock if my father was alive he most likely could answer your question above. If you were a 17 year kid drafted into the German army/air-force then put through one of the worst war's of the world we need everyone to remember not to go down that path again. Remember you don't choose your parents or the country of origin you are born in so to remember is good for all sides of any conflict as long as you learn from it.

I give the developers credit in trying to kinda have this in the game but they need to do more research on the historical aspects to get it correct.

Also, the poppy is a Canadian origin from WW1 Flanders fields as an above link shows and we wear it to remember what all the vets did for the country and to support them - I did wear one when I went through the border to the U.S and the border guard asked what it was and why I told him and he said pretty good since he said he has never heard of the poppy but why they put it on an emblem in WOP as a reward is strange to me.

I understand your point. Not all Germans are bad people. However to clarify what I stated, We can't give a trophy to the Axis planes for just participating. Those planes should not get emblems for this event. The Allies are winners, and the Axis are the losers. BTW, you should see the RU WoWP threads where they are talking about rewarding the WW2 German planes.

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 08 May 2018 - 07:11 PM.

Vae victis

Also tagged with Humor

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users