How do you win with GAA when you can babysit your bots stupidity?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Snprhed #21 Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:45 PM

Senior Airman

• 1962 battles

View PostLMG, on 23 May 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

Well, I've had games where someone on the enemy team camps a central sector all game long, ignoring everything else on the map. All I do is capture everything else and let them be. They often get a very high score, but didn't really get much done, nor did they really try helping out their team aside of keeping a single sector out of five clear of enemies. Though in those cases Attrition might be to your liking, as all that matters is how much your team can shoot down, so the highest scoring fighter did indeed contribute a lot towards a win

I thought I was being clear. I dont just mean overall score. I mean I have higher capture points and captured sectors. You arent going to have squat for capture points or sectors if you are staying in 1 zone.

LMG #22 Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1628 battles

View PostSnprhed, on 23 May 2018 - 11:45 AM, said:

I thought I was being clear. I dont just mean overall score. I mean I have higher capture points and captured sectors. You arent going to have squat for capture points or sectors if you are staying in 1 zone.

In those cases you also have to remember that this is a team game; the team matters, both for good and bad. And that's kind of a problem in Attrition, as bots getting killed over and over WILL impact the match very negatively. In Conquest one player actively securing sectors can save the game, but in Attrition you better be in a good dogfighter or you're at the mercy of the bots :ohmy:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Snprhed #23 Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:14 PM

Senior Airman

• 1962 battles

View PostLMG, on 23 May 2018 - 04:59 PM, said:

In those cases you also have to remember that this is a team game; the team matters, both for good and bad. And that's kind of a problem in Attrition, as bots getting killed over and over WILL impact the match very negatively. In Conquest one player actively securing sectors can save the game, but in Attrition you better be in a good dogfighter or you're at the mercy of the bots :ohmy:

I fly Gaa how good of a dogfighter against fighters do you think I am? (or any GAA flier).

My point is if I am winning against the 1 other person in the game using the metrics the game has, why do my bots not play accordingly? How does the guy not winning, capture all sectors and win handily when I had the better stats? LMG can you please stop answering, you just sound like a wargaming shill. Sure there are answers to my questions, but we already knew them, wargaming scoring sucks, and GAA's cant compete with fighters. Even my bonus objectives are geared towards fighters.

LMG #24 Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1628 battles

View PostSnprhed, on 23 May 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

I fly Gaa how good of a dogfighter against fighters do you think I am? (or any GAA flier).

My point is if I am winning against the 1 other person in the game using the metrics the game has, why do my bots not play accordingly? How does the guy not winning, capture all sectors and win handily when I had the better stats? LMG can you please stop answering, you just sound like a wargaming shill. Sure there are answers to my questions, but we already knew them, wargaming scoring sucks, and GAA's cant compete with fighters. Even my bonus objectives are geared towards fighters.

I also primarily fly GAAs, I know all the ups and downs of the skywhales (hence my comment on Attrition kinda leaving in a weird spot anything that can't dogfight, especially ground pounders)

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

CorvusCorvax #25 Posted 23 May 2018 - 06:25 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1112 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostSnprhed, on 23 May 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

I've flown MANY battles where I was the #1 scoring pilot, on either side.  And lost.  And some of those times, it was not because my tactics or technique were poor, but because I didn't go to the right capture point at the right time to employ those tactics and techniques.  It had nothing to do with bot algorithms or some weird conspiracy to handicap me - it had everything to do with my strategic thinking.

Snprhed #26 Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:46 PM

Senior Airman

• 1962 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 23 May 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

I've flown MANY battles where I was the #1 scoring pilot, on either side.  And lost.  And some of those times, it was not because my tactics or technique were poor, but because I didn't go to the right capture point at the right time to employ those tactics and techniques.  It had nothing to do with bot algorithms or some weird conspiracy to handicap me - it had everything to do with my strategic thinking.

Do you feel that fighters and multiroles have the same issues?

CorvusCorvax #27 Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:53 AM

• 1112 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostSnprhed, on 23 May 2018 - 11:46 PM, said:

Do you feel that fighters and multiroles have the same issues?

Even more so.

Snprhed #28 Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:26 PM

Senior Airman

• 1962 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 24 May 2018 - 03:53 AM, said:

Even more so.

Very insightful responce

The_Wild_Weasel #29 Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1626 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

I never complain  when my bots, do magical stuff like flip 3 caps simultaneously, and we win the game by 10 points...... now when this is reversed......

W_W  

CorvusCorvax #30 Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:06 PM

• 1112 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostThe_Wild_Weasel, on 25 May 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

I never complain  when my bots, do magical stuff like flip 3 caps simultaneously, and we win the game by 10 points...... now when this is reversed......

W_W  

Exactly.

GAAs have the power to flip caps all by themselves quickly, while LFs and some MRs need some sort of help.  In a contested cap, I can follow around a red GAA and finish the stuff he starts, then shoot him down to win the cap.  On a red-owned cap, if it is flipped even partially to blue, I can finish the deal.

What I can't do is prevent my bots from flying to the nearest cap with 10% HP and getting promptly shot down in the zone.  That is completely out of my hands, even if I am working hard at shooting down all the red airplanes there.  Bombers and GAA have some serious capability for changing the the map from red to blue.

SlappedbyRommel #31 Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1118 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostThe_Wild_Weasel, on 25 May 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

W_W  

Ya you always complain even about the weather or when I fly somewhere else and leave you by yourself - I hear you hitting your keyboard over the frustration of my flying which is like - " herding cats " .....lol :trollface:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users