Jump to content


How do you win with GAA when you can babysit your bots stupidity?


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Snprhed #21 Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:45 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 1779 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    01-05-2014

View PostLMG, on 23 May 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

 

Well, I've had games where someone on the enemy team camps a central sector all game long, ignoring everything else on the map. All I do is capture everything else and let them be. They often get a very high score, but didn't really get much done, nor did they really try helping out their team aside of keeping a single sector out of five clear of enemies. Though in those cases Attrition might be to your liking, as all that matters is how much your team can shoot down, so the highest scoring fighter did indeed contribute a lot towards a win

 

I thought I was being clear. I dont just mean overall score. I mean I have higher capture points and captured sectors. You arent going to have squat for capture points or sectors if you are staying in 1 zone.

LMG #22 Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:59 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1496 battles
  • 1,206
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSnprhed, on 23 May 2018 - 11:45 AM, said:

I thought I was being clear. I dont just mean overall score. I mean I have higher capture points and captured sectors. You arent going to have squat for capture points or sectors if you are staying in 1 zone.

 

In those cases you also have to remember that this is a team game; the team matters, both for good and bad. And that's kind of a problem in Attrition, as bots getting killed over and over WILL impact the match very negatively. In Conquest one player actively securing sectors can save the game, but in Attrition you better be in a good dogfighter or you're at the mercy of the bots :ohmy:


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Snprhed #23 Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:14 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 1779 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    01-05-2014

View PostLMG, on 23 May 2018 - 04:59 PM, said:

 

In those cases you also have to remember that this is a team game; the team matters, both for good and bad. And that's kind of a problem in Attrition, as bots getting killed over and over WILL impact the match very negatively. In Conquest one player actively securing sectors can save the game, but in Attrition you better be in a good dogfighter or you're at the mercy of the bots :ohmy:

I fly Gaa how good of a dogfighter against fighters do you think I am? (or any GAA flier).

 

My point is if I am winning against the 1 other person in the game using the metrics the game has, why do my bots not play accordingly? How does the guy not winning, capture all sectors and win handily when I had the better stats? LMG can you please stop answering, you just sound like a wargaming shill. Sure there are answers to my questions, but we already knew them, wargaming scoring sucks, and GAA's cant compete with fighters. Even my bonus objectives are geared towards fighters.



LMG #24 Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:52 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1496 battles
  • 1,206
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSnprhed, on 23 May 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

I fly Gaa how good of a dogfighter against fighters do you think I am? (or any GAA flier).

 

My point is if I am winning against the 1 other person in the game using the metrics the game has, why do my bots not play accordingly? How does the guy not winning, capture all sectors and win handily when I had the better stats? LMG can you please stop answering, you just sound like a wargaming shill. Sure there are answers to my questions, but we already knew them, wargaming scoring sucks, and GAA's cant compete with fighters. Even my bonus objectives are geared towards fighters.

 

I also primarily fly GAAs, I know all the ups and downs of the skywhales (hence my comment on Attrition kinda leaving in a weird spot anything that can't dogfight, especially ground pounders)


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

CorvusCorvax #25 Posted 23 May 2018 - 06:25 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 882 battles
  • 716
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSnprhed, on 23 May 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

I fly Gaa how good of a dogfighter against fighters do you think I am? (or any GAA flier).

 

My point is if I am winning against the 1 other person in the game using the metrics the game has, why do my bots not play accordingly? How does the guy not winning, capture all sectors and win handily when I had the better stats? LMG can you please stop answering, you just sound like a wargaming shill. Sure there are answers to my questions, but we already knew them, wargaming scoring sucks, and GAA's cant compete with fighters. Even my bonus objectives are geared towards fighters.

I've flown MANY battles where I was the #1 scoring pilot, on either side.  And lost.  And some of those times, it was not because my tactics or technique were poor, but because I didn't go to the right capture point at the right time to employ those tactics and techniques.  It had nothing to do with bot algorithms or some weird conspiracy to handicap me - it had everything to do with my strategic thinking.



Snprhed #26 Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:46 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 1779 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    01-05-2014

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 23 May 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

I've flown MANY battles where I was the #1 scoring pilot, on either side.  And lost.  And some of those times, it was not because my tactics or technique were poor, but because I didn't go to the right capture point at the right time to employ those tactics and techniques.  It had nothing to do with bot algorithms or some weird conspiracy to handicap me - it had everything to do with my strategic thinking.

 

Do you feel that fighters and multiroles have the same issues?

CorvusCorvax #27 Posted Yesterday, 03:53 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 882 battles
  • 716
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSnprhed, on 23 May 2018 - 11:46 PM, said:

 

Do you feel that fighters and multiroles have the same issues?

 

Even more so.

 

 

 






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users