A video how to collect data for a support ticket

support

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

bjorn1984 #1 Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:38 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2221 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
I did a video on what data and how to collect said data for a World of Warplanes support ticket. I hope this helps everyone.

HANNIBAL_LECTER_1 #2 Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:24 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2510 battles
  • [FALCO] FALCO

Dont forget to include the .dmp file...

Lambo805 #3 Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• -Community Ace-
  • 1164 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
Great video, excellent to put together for anyone else who might not know yet. 

Remember, the more reports we get into WG, the better the chance they'll be able to fix things.
Me: "It's not bragging if you can do it!"

My tombstone: He was bragging.

bjorn1984 #4 Posted 08 May 2018 - 02:26 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2221 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
I don't think they asked for it

Bobby_Tables #5 Posted 08 May 2018 - 03:03 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2453 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostLambo805, on 07 May 2018 - 08:51 AM, said:

Remember, the more reports we get into WG, the better the chance they'll be able to fix things.

Interesting theory you got there. 

I think it was rigorously tested in the field during the Great Lag Siege of '17 (or was it '16?).  Your theory didn't really seem to work in that case.   

_A_3_ #6 Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:11 AM

Master Sergeant

• 42 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostLambo805, on 07 May 2018 - 02:51 PM, said:

Great video, excellent to put together for anyone else who might not know yet. 

With a developer who last dropped in Oct? and claims she had no idea there were any problems?

Another developer is posting links to the premium shop right in the middle of multiple bug reports with no comment?

The new company cheerleader is the only one who listens yet is powerless to assist.

said enough

We'd have a better chance diving into a pool of sharkicons

Lambo805 #7 Posted 08 May 2018 - 05:09 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• -Community Ace-
  • 1164 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

I like your way of thinking, guys!

It's not getting fixed no matter what we do, so let's just throw in the towel and moan about it instead!

:)

For the rest, the only way to fix the problem is to report it. Stop holding past incidents against the current folks ;)

Me: "It's not bragging if you can do it!"

My tombstone: He was bragging.

Bobby_Tables #8 Posted 08 May 2018 - 06:31 AM

• 2453 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostLambo805, on 07 May 2018 - 11:09 PM, said:

It's not getting fixed no matter what we do, so let's just throw in the towel and moan about it instead!

NOW you're cooking with smarts. 

No, really, I agree with you up to a point, but once bit twice shy and fool me once, shame on you and all that.  It's not like I have high expectations and I have taken the game for what it is for quite some time.  It's cool.  If I see an issue I might report it if I have the kinda information they want.  It's just that I don't expect much and because of that, I am no longer disappointed.

Invisible Planes:  whatever

Low FPS: Reboot, kill every process I can think of and try again

"Rigged Battles": get over it already

Graphics Glitches:  fine, just fine

Phantom Battles: hopefully my plane had a rear gunner so I get me some XP!

The issue with me is that they keep shuffling the deck chairs but do nothing about the gaping hole in the hull.  It's a very unique game in the gaming world and I do wish it had more participation.  At the current pace however, they have burned through the original player base and are rapidly dissapointing the new player base.  That does not bode well for the title.  It may stick around in a sorta maintenance mode, but the lack of players at any tier lately is not good.    

bjorn1984 #9 Posted 08 May 2018 - 01:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2221 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
Well I'm hoping for some change with the game soon. WG is on the bubble here, if they hope to recover. It feels bad to see new people my enter my twitch stream asking questions about the game and have to say "Well, it's a great game but it has it's bugs." I'd like to be saying "It's a great game, if you like WW2 fighter plane, you should give it a shot."

Edited by bjorn1984, 08 May 2018 - 04:43 PM.

SonicPariah #10 Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:32 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 86 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View PostBobby_Tables, on 08 May 2018 - 03:03 AM, said:

Interesting theory you got there. 

I think it was rigorously tested in the field during the Great Lag Siege of '17 (or was it '16?).  Your theory didn't really seem to work in that case.   

Yes, but I wasn't there for that round of issues. Now I am here!

View PostBobby_Tables, on 08 May 2018 - 06:31 AM, said:

NOW you're cooking with smarts. 

No, really, I agree with you up to a point, but once bit twice shy and fool me once, shame on you and all that.  It's not like I have high expectations and I have taken the game for what it is for quite some time.  It's cool.  If I see an issue I might report it if I have the kinda information they want.  It's just that I don't expect much and because of that, I am no longer disappointed.

Invisible Planes:  whatever

Low FPS: Reboot, kill every process I can think of and try again

"Rigged Battles": get over it already

Graphics Glitches:  fine, just fine

Phantom Battles: hopefully my plane had a rear gunner so I get me some XP!

The issue with me is that they keep shuffling the deck chairs but do nothing about the gaping hole in the hull.  It's a very unique game in the gaming world and I do wish it had more participation.  At the current pace however, they have burned through the original player base and are rapidly dissapointing the new player base.  That does not bode well for the title.  It may stick around in a sorta maintenance mode, but the lack of players at any tier lately is not good.    

Invisible Planes:  Already collected reports and are working to reproduce.

Low FPS: Has been addressed by last two patches to success on certain systems. Working on further fixes for future Updates.

"Rigged Battles": I have literally nothing productive to add to this.

Graphics Glitches:  These are REALLY hard to reproduce to find the issue. The more information and detail we can get about these issues, the better.

Phantom Battles: Partially addressed and will be addressed further in upcoming Updates.

Bobby_Tables #11 Posted 08 May 2018 - 05:10 PM

• 2453 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostSonicPariah, on 08 May 2018 - 10:32 AM, said:

Invisible Planes:  Already collected reports and are working to reproduce.

Low FPS: Has been addressed by last two patches to success on certain systems. Working on further fixes for future Updates.

"Rigged Battles": I have literally nothing productive to add to this.

Graphics Glitches:  These are REALLY hard to reproduce to find the issue. The more information and detail we can get about these issues, the better.

Phantom Battles: Partially addressed and will be addressed further in upcoming Updates.

Thanks SP.   These are just the some of the common issues brought up here in the forums.  I don't believe in "rigged battles", it's just something people complain about a lot.  I usually attribute it to poor decision making on my part. 

CorvusCorvax #12 Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:54 PM

• 832 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostBobby_Tables, on 08 May 2018 - 05:10 PM, said:

I don't believe in "rigged battles", it's just something people complain about a lot.  I usually attribute it to poor decision making on my part. 

I have gotten in battles that for sure were doomed from the start, with ZERO input on my part.  As an example:

This morning, I'm in my Yak-1 (the Yak line grind has been an adventure, and deserves its own thread!),  After a pretty long wait in-queue, I get the desert pyramid map with two missile bases and a central garrison.  Two human players, one on each team.  Now, for pretty much every other map I've ever flown, the bots do something completely useless like split up into three groups, and get slowly shot down in-zone.  The zone I go to, if I have my wits about me, we can capture, releasing the bots to slowly die over another cap.

Today, all the bots on my team went to the central garrison, capturing it quickly.  Then got stuck there as the red bots streamed in a line from the spawn to the garrison, died in turn.  My bots never made it out of the garrison.  Of course, this means the two missile bases fell quickly to red, and both went to work on capturing the garrison, which they did.  The game ended at something like 400-62 - it was over almost before it started.  The decision by all of the blue bots to go to a single cap point, and never leave that point, which is the least valuable on a map where there are TWO missile bases, seems fishy.  I have never seen such egregious poor decision-making on the part of a group of bots.  Individually, sure.  At low tier, yes.  But mid-tier?  The whole group of them?  Pretty strange.

BTW, for this game, the human player on red scored all of 1450 points.  A non-factor in the match.  Maybe not "rigged", because that would imply intent.  But really pretty weird stuff.

Edited by CorvusCorvax, 10 May 2018 - 04:56 PM.

LMG #13 Posted 10 May 2018 - 05:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1469 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 10 May 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

I have gotten in battles that for sure were doomed from the start, with ZERO input on my part.  As an example:

This morning, I'm in my Yak-1 (the Yak line grind has been an adventure, and deserves its own thread!),  After a pretty long wait in-queue, I get the desert pyramid map with two missile bases and a central garrison.  Two human players, one on each team.  Now, for pretty much every other map I've ever flown, the bots do something completely useless like split up into three groups, and get slowly shot down in-zone.  The zone I go to, if I have my wits about me, we can capture, releasing the bots to slowly die over another cap.

Today, all the bots on my team went to the central garrison, capturing it quickly.  Then got stuck there as the red bots streamed in a line from the spawn to the garrison, died in turn.  My bots never made it out of the garrison.  Of course, this means the two missile bases fell quickly to red, and both went to work on capturing the garrison, which they did.  The game ended at something like 400-62 - it was over almost before it started.  The decision by all of the blue bots to go to a single cap point, and never leave that point, which is the least valuable on a map where there are TWO missile bases, seems fishy.  I have never seen such egregious poor decision-making on the part of a group of bots.  Individually, sure.  At low tier, yes.  But mid-tier?  The whole group of them?  Pretty strange.

BTW, for this game, the human player on red scored all of 1450 points.  A non-factor in the match.  Maybe not "rigged", because that would imply intent.  But really pretty weird stuff.

I've also got games where the whole bot team goes derp, like rushing the garrison then going for mid while the bot GAAs loll about over the enemy's Mining Facility, leaving our own open for the enemy. Kind of why I always like to have some ground pounding potential, I don't trust my team for it

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

bjorn1984 #14 Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:21 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2221 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
:(

Also tagged with support

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users