Hurricane/Tempest/Typhoon

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

cddlbunny #1 Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:11 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2322 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

https://www.bing.com...C0796&FORM=VIRE

If Wargaming should add an aircraft to this game, it should be this gem of the British aircraft industry. There were two versions of the Tempest, the Mark V which had the jutting radiator under the nose and a version called the Tempest II with out the radiator just under the nose. The Tempest II could fit into the Tier IX slot as you can see the reasons in the documentary link above. The Meteor in the game now you will find that it did not play much of a role in the actual festivities, but if Wargaming puts it in the game, then they can put a Tempest II or Tempest V in the game as well. The aircraft was of a linage where Hawker built the Typhoon off the Hurricane and the Tempest off the Typhoon. There is also a hint from actual Tempest pilots on how to deal with FW190s. Not to mention that a Tempest pilot actually shot down an Me262. Enjoy the video, it is good reasoning why the Tempest should be in the game. Oh BTW it is an hour long but worth the watch. I should note that the Tempest as you will find in the vid had probably the first HUD gun sight mounted in the plane which put the reticle on the windscreen which made aiming a lot easier for the pilot.

Edited by cddlbunny0, 06 May 2018 - 12:24 AM.

hoom #2 Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:59 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10220 battles

Tempest II at T9??? Nope.

Not even Fury at T9.

There are 0 prop planes in T9 & Meteor is only a T7.

Pretty clearly should be something like

T6 Typhoon

T7 Tempest

T8 Fury

But with Tornado already ingame at T6, unless they do Typhoon parallel but nearly exactly the same at T6 I think its possible that they do

T6 Tornado

T7 stock Typhoon

T7 upgraded Tempest V

T8 stock Tempest II

T8 upgraded Fury

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

cddlbunny #3 Posted 06 May 2018 - 02:09 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2322 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH
Point made. Kind of got carried away on the tiering. The Typhoon/Tempest/Fury would be a good offshoot of the Hawker line. If they did it with the Japanese tree, then they can do it with the Hawker line. Would be interesting to see but the interesting thing about your post is the stock Typhoon leading to the Tempest V. One would have to choose one of them, but which one would you choose if that decision would have to be made. Myself, I would go with the Tempest V on T7 and it would be a hard choice between the Fury and the Tempest II unless you flew both planes for a period to see which one pleased your palate. If the offshoot happens (which I doubt) then the stock Typhoon at T6 followed by the Tempest V with an split at T8 leading to the Tempest II or the Fury.

hoom #4 Posted 06 May 2018 - 03:12 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10220 battles

I mean Airframe upgrades.

If you look in the Techtree you see T5 'Spitfire I' is actually Spitfire II when fully upgraded

T6 is Spitfire III stock, upgrades to Spitfire V

T7 stock is Spitfire VI, upgrades to Spitfire IX

and T8 is XII stock, upgrades to XIV

So they might call the T7 'Typhoon' but in fully upgraded state it'd actually be a Tempest V

Then the T8 called 'Fury' but stock airframe is Tempest II

Tempest V being probably my favourite WWII fighter I would sentimentally like to see Tempest get its own tier but if they don't give Typhoon a dedicated T6 slot I think having the Tempests split between T7 Sabre powered and T8 Centaurus powered works in game terms.

Edited by hoom, 06 May 2018 - 03:16 AM.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

cddlbunny #5 Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:42 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2322 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH
Yes the Tempest worked better with the Sabre engine while the FAA Fury was an upgraded Tempest II with a six blade (or was it two three counter rotating) prop and a Centaurus engine. The line would have to come off the Tornado line or be a continuation of that line. At least to what the pilots said in the doc is that they used the Napier Sabre because the Centaurus was not available at that time.  I would live to see the Tempest in the game as most people would use the Typhoon in a ground attack role.

Edited by cddlbunny0, 06 May 2018 - 07:43 AM.

LMG #6 Posted 06 May 2018 - 09:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles
I think WG said that the rest of the line would be Tempest, Typhoon, Fury and end with Sea Fury. Anyone know if that's the case?
This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

J311yfish #7 Posted 06 May 2018 - 10:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2703 battles
  • [343] 343

If Blackburn Firebrand and Westland Wyvern are planned, then it might be that the Tempest V/VI with Napier Sabre would be favored, for greater diversity.  The Firebrand design switched from Sabre to Centaurus to accommodate the engine-supply needs of the Typhoon.

Main tech tree projects:   JAPAN    UNITED KINGDOM  •  UNITED STATES    GERMANY  •  USSR  // aircraft to China

Europe tech tree projects:  ITALY    FRANCE    SWEDEN    Finland (skins•  Poland  •  International  //  Retired projects:  China    Brazil

Historical scenarios:  Spanish Civil War (skins•  Invasion of Poland  •  Winter War  •  Continuation War

Map proposals:   Panama Canal    Great Wall of China    Cliffs of Dover   //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial:  How to ignore forum posts and signatures

I_QQ_4_U #8 Posted 06 May 2018 - 11:50 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2111 battles

View Postcddlbunny0, on 06 May 2018 - 12:11 AM, said:

https://www.bing.com...C0796&FORM=VIRE

If Wargaming should add an aircraft to this game, it should be this gem of the British aircraft industry. There were two versions of the Tempest, the Mark V which had the jutting radiator under the nose and a version called the Tempest II with out the radiator just under the nose.

The Mk.V was an inline, the Tempest II was a radial.

wscarter007 #9 Posted 06 May 2018 - 05:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5950 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
Unfortunately we most likely won't see the Tempest make its, way into the game.  WG most likely will file it away next to the F6F Hellcat. 

blackmustang5 #10 Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:37 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1814 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
They could add one them as a premium tier 6 or 7

shirime #11 Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:37 PM

Master Sergeant

• 4123 battles
  • [FPOA] FPOA
Would definitely like to carry this thought forward to T9 and T10, Hawker Sea Hawk and Hawker Hunter, respectively. Dates of introduction work, and (4) 30mm ADEN revolver cannons??? Sign me up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users