12 replies to this topic

Akirishin #1 Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2235 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Akirishin’s build/aircraft’s specifications begin: 0:50

Aircraft comparisons begins: 7:18

Combat sortie begins at: 18:48

Greetings and salutations, this is Akirishin. I hope you enjoy this video as I talk you through my build and strategy for the Tier VII American Chance-Vought F4U-4 Corsair Multirole Fighter. Using my new aircraft comparison chart I will also compare this aircraft to other Tier VII multirole fighters and, of course, I will feature some PVP so that you can see the F4U-4 Corsair in action.

If you are not already a subscriber, I encourage you to hit the subscribe button. Also, if you enjoyed this video your thumbs up lets me know you liked it and is greatly appreciated!

Music:

Epic Battle Speech by Wayne Jones

Pisco Sour by Gunnar Olsen

Edited by Akirishin, 05 May 2018 - 09:15 PM.

cddlbunny #2 Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:28 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 981 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH
I have found your vids to be interesting from the build point of view and the skill selection of the pilot. Have watched some of yours but not all the way to the end as I will probably ending building a shrine to you and worshipping it before playing the game. But, all kidding aside, they are worth the watch and I have changed some of the things I use as a result. 

YagabodooN #3 Posted 06 May 2018 - 02:22 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1773 battles
I kinda see the T7 corsair as the odd duck of the bunch, the T6 F4U-1 is stronger at its tier. 

Akirishin #4 Posted 06 May 2018 - 05:21 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2235 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postcddlbunny0, on 06 May 2018 - 12:28 AM, said:

I have found your vids to be interesting from the build point of view and the skill selection of the pilot. Have watched some of yours but not all the way to the end as I will probably ending building a shrine to you and worshipping it before playing the game. But, all kidding aside, they are worth the watch and I have changed some of the things I use as a result.

cddlbunny0 thanks so much for the kind words.  I love to hear that you guys are enjoying the videos!!!!  Even more rewarding is knowing that something in the videos has helped someone even in a small measure.

Akirishin #5 Posted 06 May 2018 - 05:23 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2235 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostYagabodooN, on 06 May 2018 - 02:22 AM, said:

I kinda see the T7 corsair as the odd duck of the bunch, the T6 F4U-1 is stronger at its tier.

Agreed.  My favorite corsair is the Tier VIII because it has a true bubble canopy.  Performance aside, I just love the looks of the thing.

cddlbunny #6 Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:50 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 981 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH
No problem Akiri. May not be the best player in the game, but if you do not mind a question. If the airspeed and maneuverability are close, would you go for speed or maneuverability, say for example on the Hawker Tornado vs the Spifire line. In the Spitfire line, it is more about speed and in the Tornado it seems to be more about maneuverability. Mine had improved covering, lightweight airframe and the ever present self sealing tanks for equipment and manual control trim in consumables. More than likely you would go for the same mountings on the Hurricane and continue on down the line with that.

Edited by cddlbunny0, 06 May 2018 - 07:53 AM.

Akirishin #7 Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2235 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postcddlbunny0, on 06 May 2018 - 07:50 AM, said:

No problem Akiri. May not be the best player in the game, but if you do not mind a question. If the airspeed and maneuverability are close, would you go for speed or maneuverability, say for example on the Hawker Tornado vs the Spifire line. In the Spitfire line, it is more about speed and in the Tornado it seems to be more about maneuverability. Mine had improved covering, lightweight airframe and the ever present self sealing tanks for equipment and manual control trim in consumables. More than likely you would go for the same mountings on the Hurricane and continue on down the line with that.

So here is my thought on this issue, and I am sorry if I ramble a bit here.  If a less maneuverable aircraft like the Tornado is, with a speed buff, so fast that it can outrun say a Spitfire and thereby escape the inevitable loss that will occur trying to hang with the Spit in a close-in dogfight, then I would further buff the speed.  However, if I know, as with this aircraft, that such extra speed would still get me killed, I will go for the maneuverability buff.  Speed is about safety.  If I get in trouble will the aircraft's speed be enough to get me away in time to avoid being shot down? If it is a Heavy Fighter like the XF-90, then the answer is yes.  If it's the Tornado, the answer is more of a no.  The point of speed is to get you away far enough so that you can then turn around and reengage from a better position (i.e., at distance).  However, if it takes forever for you to turn around after achieving distance, then that Spit that is on your tail (and I have had them follow me all around the map on many occasions like a dog that won't let go of a bone) will be on you before you complete the turn. Further, I for one hate running the whole sortie.  That doesn't feel very good to me.  So if I am more maneuverable, I don't have to run as far to turn around and reengage.  So I tend to go for the maneuverability buff.  I admit I have gone back and forth on that issue because I, like everyone, experiment to find what is best for me given the particular aircraft.  Right now I am in the maneuverability camp.  I hope that helps :)

Edited by Akirishin, 06 May 2018 - 01:41 PM.

Zigfreid #8 Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 8094 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Akirishin i would like to thank you also for sharing, good video brother.:honoring:

chenault_fighter #9 Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:09 AM

Senior Airman

• 1681 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Well Done and keep up the good stuff Akirishin... you are indeed a true gem of a new RAW member... even if I really never liked the way W/G has portrayed the F4U'S and the F2G... they were one of my favorites growing up an avid warbird fanatic... after all Pappy liked em!

Your Commander 

Chenault

Akirishin #10 Posted 08 May 2018 - 02:39 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2235 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostZigfreid, on 07 May 2018 - 02:01 PM, said:

Akirishin i would like to thank you also for sharing, good video brother.:honoring:

Zigfreid it is my pleasure to make the videos for you guys.  I am thankful that you let me know you enjoy them :)

Akirishin #11 Posted 08 May 2018 - 02:42 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2235 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postchenault_fighter, on 08 May 2018 - 12:09 AM, said:

Well Done and keep up the good stuff Akirishin... you are indeed a true gem of a new RAW member... even if I really never liked the way W/G has portrayed the F4U'S and the F2G... they were one of my favorites growing up an avid warbird fanatic... after all Pappy liked em!

Your Commander 

Chenault

Hi chenault,

Thank you for your kind words.  I'll keep them coming!!!  Funny you mention Pappy.  A while back I bought the old Baa Baa Black Sheep Series with Robert Conrad.  So much fun :)

cddlbunny #12 Posted 08 May 2018 - 03:44 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 981 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

View PostAkirishin, on 06 May 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

So here is my thought on this issue, and I am sorry if I ramble a bit here.  If a less maneuverable aircraft like the Tornado is, with a speed buff, so fast that it can outrun say a Spitfire and thereby escape the inevitable loss that will occur trying to hang with the Spit in a close-in dogfight, then I would further buff the speed.  However, if I know, as with this aircraft, that such extra speed would still get me killed, I will go for the maneuverability buff.  Speed is about safety.  If I get in trouble will the aircraft's speed be enough to get me away in time to avoid being shot down? If it is a Heavy Fighter like the XF-90, then the answer is yes.  If it's the Tornado, the answer is more of a no.  The point of speed is to get you away far enough so that you can then turn around and reengage from a better position (i.e., at distance).  However, if it takes forever for you to turn around after achieving distance, then that Spit that is on your tail (and I have had them follow me all around the map on many occasions like a dog that won't let go of a bone) will be on you before you complete the turn. Further, I for one hate running the whole sortie.  That doesn't feel very good to me.  So if I am more maneuverable, I don't have to run as far to turn around and reengage.  So I tend to go for the maneuverability buff.  I admit I have gone back and forth on that issue because I, like everyone, experiment to find what is best for me given the particular aircraft.  Right now I am in the maneuverability camp.  I hope that helps :)

Yes the one thing that your vids have pointed out is to pay attention to the aircraft characteristics on the right hand side of the screen with emphasis on speed vs maneuverability vs altitude and to adjust the equipment to meet those requirements. The pilot skills should be chosen to further compliment the equipment choices and the role of the aircraft. 

cddlbunny #13 Posted 08 May 2018 - 03:45 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 981 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

View PostAkirishin, on 07 May 2018 - 09:42 PM, said:

Hi chenault,

Thank you for your kind words.  I'll keep them coming!!!  Funny you mention Pappy.  A while back I bought the old Baa Baa Black Sheep Series with Robert Conrad.  So much fun :)

Nothing like making old people feel older that they are.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users