guide

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Lambo805 #1 Posted 05 May 2018 - 04:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• -Community Ace-
  • 1570 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

Sorry I'm a day late on this one, somehow I forgot what day of the week it was yesterday. Ah, the joys of a 7 day a week work schedule.

Anyway, here's a guide on what the title says. Brief run-through for those of you just joining us on consumable mounting, ammo types, and camouflage application!

Me: "It's not bragging if you can do it!"

My tombstone: He was bragging.

HANNIBAL_LECTER_1 #2 Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3523 battles
  • [FALCO] FALCO
Can you confirm this... the concealment is no longer applicable in this version?..

LMG #3 Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1868 battles

View PostHANNIBAL_LECTER_1, on 05 May 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

Can you confirm this... the concealment is no longer applicable in this version?..

WG already made a post on how visibility works now. Basically, it's a sphere around your plane to see other planes, and a smaller sphere for them to see you. Both are blocked by terrain and clouds. If a big "detect" sphere is in contact with a small "detected" sphere from another plane, the other plane is now detected for your whole team and everyone can see it.

If you add concealment, the small "detected" sphere becomes even smaller. Increased visibility range on pilots and rear gunners make the big "detect" sphere even bigger. However, due to the nature of the game luring everyone towards sectors (which often contain Air Defense Aircraft capable of detecting players), and the plane's incapability of simply hiding behind a bush, it's rare to exploit visibility mechanics to avoid detection. That said, increased visibility helps certain planes for a low cost, and I've used terrain to avoid fighters on my GAAs

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

trikke #4 Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2152 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostLMG, on 06 May 2018 - 01:02 AM, said:

WG already made a post on how visibility works now. Basically, it's a sphere around your plane to see other planes, and a smaller sphere for them to see you. Both are blocked by terrain and clouds. If a big "detect" sphere is in contact with a small "detected" sphere from another plane, the other plane is now detected for your whole team and everyone can see it.

If you add concealment, the small "detected" sphere becomes even smaller. Increased visibility range on pilots and rear gunners make the big "detect" sphere even bigger. However, due to the nature of the game luring everyone towards sectors (which often contain Air Defense Aircraft capable of detecting players), and the plane's incapability of simply hiding behind a bush, it's rare to exploit visibility mechanics to avoid detection. That said, increased visibility helps certain planes for a low cost, and I've used terrain to avoid fighters on my GAAs

ty, LMG

i skim the ground or water in between caps, and rarely am i noticed 

might be because i'm rarely considered a threat...  sigh

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Also tagged with guide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users