Jump to content


Hurricane IID Special


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Content_WG #1 Posted 01 May 2018 - 11:25 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Developer
  • 0 battles
  • 907
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
From May 1 till May 7, the Tier V multirole fighter with the highest caliber guns will be available in the Premium Shop.


Full news text

FlakValleyExpress #2 Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:10 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 25 battles
  • 3,910
  • Member since:
    02-09-2012

I remember this plane. I wonder if it is bad now as it was then.

 


1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

 


MARS_REVENANT #3 Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:38 PM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 3685 battles
  • 9,295
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 01 May 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

I remember this plane. I wonder if it is bad now as it was then.

 

 

Nope, its a blast to fly now.  I gave away a bundle with the IID and the 3RD a few months ago, I showcased them during a live stream, but failed to save the video.  It has good maneuverability and they really buffed the accuracy compared to 1.X.


1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


wylleEcoyote #4 Posted 01 May 2018 - 04:18 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1262 battles
  • 62
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

What the hell is up with this broken [edited]premium !?! 

As a 37mm stuka driver i am very jealous.
the british 40mm gets 10% more muzzle velocity (does that create an accuracy buff?), and while the shells do 2/3 of the damage they get double the RoF.  
What is the engagement range? it looks like 600m ... if so that sorta balances it out. 

Still jelly tho





Yes i said driver.
My stall speed is less than 60 ish km/h.
My landing gear dont bother to retract.
And i get more tree parts stuck in my plane than bullets.
It might as well be a car.



LMG #5 Posted 01 May 2018 - 06:42 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1864 battles
  • 1,500
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostwylleEcoyote, on 01 May 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

What the hell is up with this broken [edited]premium !?! 

As a 37mm stuka driver i am very jealous.
the british 40mm gets 10% more muzzle velocity (does that create an accuracy buff?), and while the shells do 2/3 of the damage they get double the RoF.  
What is the engagement range? it looks like 600m ... if so that sorta balances it out. 

Still jelly tho





Yes i said driver.
My stall speed is less than 60 ish km/h.
My landing gear dont bother to retract.
And i get more tree parts stuck in my plane than bullets.
It might as well be a car.

 

The Hurricane needs to shoot targets twice as much as a GAA. It only shoots twice as fast too (45 rpm on the stuka vs 90 rpm on the IID). Overall, the Stuka should still outperform it on the ground


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

SkyWolf__WM #6 Posted 01 May 2018 - 06:50 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 3150 battles
  • 3,935
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

I sold it.

 


***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.


MARS_REVENANT #7 Posted 01 May 2018 - 07:07 PM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 3685 battles
  • 9,295
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostLMG, on 01 May 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

 

The Hurricane needs to shoot targets twice as much as a GAA. It only shoots twice as fast too (45 rpm on the stuka vs 90 rpm on the IID). Overall, the Stuka should still outperform it on the ground

 

That's because the Hurricane should not be used on ground targets.  Stop trying to use everything as a GA.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


LMG #8 Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:17 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1864 battles
  • 1,500
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 01 May 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

That's because the Hurricane should not be used on ground targets.  Stop trying to use everything as a GA.

 

I was just theoryzing, I do not own the thing nor did I plan to buy it. I don't use fighters as GAAs, though I will hit ground targets on my multiroles if I have to, and I've seen the IID be rather swift at clearing AA guns when there's no ground pounders around


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users