Wargaming Game Center using invalid URL's. It's not the DNS.

wgc wgc.exe DNS Unable to connect content server update server Game Center GameCenter Wargaming Game Center Wargaming GameCenter

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

SgtDayton_Abrams_Stryker #1 Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:17 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 125 battles

DXDiag = N/A, unrelated

PingPlot = N/A, ping is fine.

*.DMP's = N/A, there hasn't been a 'crash'

WGCheck Client Check = N/A, will not give info on a client that is not installed (WoWP).

WGCheck Network Check = N/A, it doesn't check the needed URL's for this issue (tried it already).

The URL's the WGC is trying to connect to are inaccessible.
This is Not a DNS issue:

(From theattached wgc_419.log Error Summary.txt)

Spoiler

Spoiler

I can access the WoT/WoWS content and updates via the respective standalone Launchers.  It appears that the WGC is attempting to connect to the wrong URL's, as people who have not had to use the most recent installer are able to connect just fine.

As the WGC is still in BetaTM, I request access to the Non-Beta-Standalone-Old-Reliable-Working_As_Intended WoWPLauncher.exe installer.  I cannot make use of my Paid-For Services/Goods in WoWP using the WGC in it's current state. 

This is unacceptable.

Perhaps someone who is not having issues with their WGC/WoWP, and knows which file(s) to grab and can tell us where they go, could attach their 'working' metadata.xml(s) in a reply to this post.

Alternatively, point me in the right direction armed with the correct URL's, and I can just edit the URL's in the metadata.xml as appropriate myself (Right Click > Open With... > Notepad | Notepad++ | Visual Studio Code).  (I have no qualms mucking around with things I know nothing about... yet...lol.)

On a side note:
I was gonna leave feedback about the WGC issue I'm having but The Feedbacck Webform (na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wgc/help) requires two different emails for the Account and Contact email fields.  I do not have a different physical/mailing address for each person I send mail-matter to, nor do I have a different phone number for each person I call, so why should I be required to have more than one email address (ease/hacked/disposability arguments aside)?

SgtDayton_Abrams_Stryker #2 Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:23 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 125 battles
RESERVED

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users