Hangar Filters +1

good idea useful feature

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Viper_7242NC #1 Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:25 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 14776 battles
  • [VIPR3] VIPR3

Just wanted to say the hangar filters are really useful. When I am doing my different tier missions I can choose all three levels for 5 thru 7 or 8 thru 10 and the four levels for low tiers. Makes it easier to choose the planes I want or need to fly. I can choose more than one class of plane also. Very slick.

So, WG gets a +1 for this feature.

Han shot first.

cqiyuan #2 Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 253 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
lol, always love positive threads. :great:

SgtSchlautter #3 Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:28 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7001 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
I completely agree. And the best part is the fact that there are no bugs correlated to the filter as far as i'm aware

poisonousblood #4 Posted 27 April 2018 - 08:19 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5980 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

i used to filter planes according to the tier. Now if i want to play tier 9 for example, i need to clear the filter and then select tier 9. Since the hanger interface is very slow as usual, now it is even slower than before to find the correct plane. And plane names aren't as easy as in WoT to remember, they are like different kind of passwords to me that i need to remember.

Lambo805 #5 Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• -Community Ace-
  • 1589 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
I love it, the new filter is excellent and I'm glad WoWP is starting to catch up with its sister IPs. 

Hopefully they keep the development coming!
Me: "It's not bragging if you can do it!"

My tombstone: He was bragging.

CruzANDBruz #6 Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 16518 battles
This is a feature I have been wishing for. Filtering by tier is very helpful for a person with a sizable number of airplanes. This feature is spot on, WG. I won't even make any references to a stopped clock.     :)

Edited by CruzANDBruz, 27 April 2018 - 03:54 PM.

shirime #7 Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:56 PM

Master Sergeant

• 4123 battles
  • [FPOA] FPOA

View Postpoisonousblood, on 27 April 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

i used to filter planes according to the tier. Now if i want to play tier 9 for example, i need to clear the filter and then select tier 9. Since the hanger interface is very slow as usual, now it is even slower than before to find the correct plane. And plane names aren't as easy as in WoT to remember, they are like different kind of passwords to me that i need to remember.

I have to agree with poisonousblood, the new GUI for the carousel filter is considerably more clunky for me than the last one without any apparent functionality enhancements. Maybe I'm just not as aesthetically inclined on this kind of thing, but the check boxes were fine, the glowing buttons just slow down the interface. It takes literally 4-5 seconds to process a "click", and it can only handle one "click" at a time; so changing from a Tier Y to a Tier Z filter involves deselecting Tier Y, waiting several seconds for that filter to clear, then pressing Tier Z and then waiting another several seconds for that to process. A minor annoyance, to be sure, but did seem like a fix for a non-existent problem.

Then again, no matter what the developer of any game I always groan when patch notes are all about "damage state model enhancements", "Map ocean rendering improvements" "Pilots now have visible sweat stains in crotch area", that sort of thing. Hell, if there was a wireframe mode I'd likely switch to it and not look back...

Reitousair #8 Posted 27 April 2018 - 07:52 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 13590 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
The new filters are a little bit clunky at times, but, I do like that we have more options to filter by now, so... you get some drawbacks but you get some improvements as well. Overall a fairly neutral thing for me.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

Premium plane reviews can be found here. Special project equipment spreadsheet can be found here.

SonicPariah #9 Posted 27 April 2018 - 09:31 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX
Glad we are enjoying it for the most part!

DataNinja #10 Posted 28 April 2018 - 02:14 AM

Master Sergeant

• 15880 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Several months ago, I requested that a button be added to filter "Non-Elite" airplanes.

There is a filter for "elite", but I don't need to grind those planes.

*** There is empty space...Add the "Non-Elite" filter... please...

Also to speed up the selection query, create an "Apply Filter" button next to the "Clear Filters" button.

This way, I can select 6 filters without each one running thru until I click "Apply Filter".

1 query vs 6 queries....

Kenny_Chung #11 Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:32 PM

Senior Airman

• 11076 battles

View PostDataNinja, on 28 April 2018 - 02:14 AM, said:

Several months ago, I requested that a button be added to filter "Non-Elite" airplanes.

There is a filter for "elite", but I don't need to grind those planes.

*** There is empty space...Add the "Non-Elite" filter... please...

Also to speed up the selection query, create an "Apply Filter" button next to the "Clear Filters" button.

This way, I can select 6 filters without each one running thru until I click "Apply Filter".

1 query vs 6 queries....

you can set these plane as favorite

trikke #12 Posted 30 April 2018 - 01:09 AM

Captain

• 4971 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

using the old filter, did anyone else besides me always click on IV when you actually wanted VI?

because the tier number filter was displayed as ascending instead of descending  (or vice versa, i can't recall now)

new filter seems easier, after i memorized the changes 

ty, WG!

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

Lambo805 #13 Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• -Community Ace-
  • 1589 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View Posttrikke, on 29 April 2018 - 09:09 PM, said:

using the old filter, did anyone else besides me always click on IV when you actually wanted VI?

because the tier number filter was displayed as ascending instead of descending  (or vice versa, i can't recall now)

new filter seems easier, after i memorized the changes 

ty, WG!

I just did it because my brain flips things. It's basically dyslexia but not quite as bad. "Where is my Messerspit and why is my Fantome showing...oh you dummy you clicked IV instead of VI again."
Me: "It's not bragging if you can do it!"

My tombstone: He was bragging.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users