XF-85 Goblin Review Historical

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

MagusGerhardt #21 Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:45 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 443 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

When a thread goes "Hot" for all the wrong reasons.

Great review, Lambo.  Good to have more of us showcasing this stuff and you produced a vid worth at least this many On Topic posts.  +1.  :medal:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Lambo805 #22 Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:26 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• -Community Ace-
  • 1343 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 26 April 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

When a thread goes "Hot" for all the wrong reasons.

Great review, Lambo.  Good to have more of us showcasing this stuff and you produced a vid worth at least this many On Topic posts.  +1.  :medal:

Not quite what I thought would happen when I spent two days on all this, but...hey...you know us "2.0 newbs" that don't know anything about the old days going up hill in 3' of snow both ways with grocery bags for airplanes.  I guess it's deserved :teethhappy:
Me: "It's not bragging if you can do it!"

My tombstone: He was bragging.

MagusGerhardt #23 Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:43 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 443 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostLambo805, on 26 April 2018 - 05:26 PM, said:

Not quite what I thought would happen when I spent two days on all this, but...hey...you know us "2.0 newbs" that don't know anything about the old days going up hill in 3' of snow both ways with grocery bags for airplanes.  I guess it's deserved :teethhappy:

You did miss out on what I and a lot of the other surly pilots still here consider the "golden age" of the game, but I've found that I like the game's new direction.  It has its issues, to be sure, but that's what patches and future content are for.  At any rate, it's far better than the death rattles the game was going through in 1.9.* where we could only spike the game's pop in primetime to sub 1k online levels through forced play time windows and then the numbers would dwindle back to what was accepted as normalcy within a few weeks of event's end.  The game's shakeup and change for 2.0 release was needed, but I felt that there was a bit of "Baby with the bathwater" going on for functionality that we lost in the transition.

Good hunting!  :honoring:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Lambo805 #24 Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:16 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• -Community Ace-
  • 1343 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
Didn't miss out at all. As stated elsewhere spent well over 200 hours in Alpha/Beta and probably around 100 hours in pre-2.0. 

Apparently none of that means anything since I didn't grind to T10 before 2.0.  Screw me for having other things in my life right?

Bubba_Zanetti #25 Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1291 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostLambo805, on 26 April 2018 - 08:16 PM, said:

Didn't miss out at all. As stated elsewhere spent well over 200 hours in Alpha/Beta and probably around 100 hours in pre-2.0. 
Good.  So you were around for the 10,000 gold promise that evaporated, the 15v15 human battles that slowly went away after the race to the top event, culminating with the 1.5 screw up that seeped into the 1.6 death spiral of 1v1 or 3v3 30 minute to 1 hour wait times before a custom MM finally arrived before the intro of bots and the meta of stall the tardbot with client side while gun sounds were tweaked over and over and canons got nerfed then buffed then nerfed then buffed then 2.0 say goodbye to anniversaries and alpha/beta emblems suckas!

Apparently none of that means anything since I didn't grind to T10 before 2.0.  Screw me for having other things in my life right?
None of what I said was aimed at you or beornotns, or soydivision..it was aimed at WG..no to $ from me for a tier 9 or anything else until they collectively prove they’re worth any more investment.  Enjoy your tier 9 credit earner.

forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/42410-wg-incompetence/           ^- Over two years awaiting moderation on the WOWP Blog.

“The sad truth is that the one thing around here is that we can always rely on is broken promises” - Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo █ If a company can't handle the truth based on pixelated facts then they shouldn't be in this industry to begin with. Or stop overreaching at areas where they obviously lack the resources to make a sucess (WOWP)” - ArrowZ_  As it is, this “upgrade” is totally misdirected and completely ignores all player feedback over the past few years.  How this studio continues on with the parent company is a total mystery to me.” - Bobby_Tables  The only thing that will fix this game is for the developers to right click and hit send to trash.” - xPALEHORSEx  

They've been around a good while and seen a lot of flak so they surely must know what they're doing by now.” - Catch21  All wargaming has done in all their games across the board have been stupid and greedy ideas. They are failing as a company so hard. - Veraxu  what did they do to the smiley face emoji? It looks really goofy/drunk all of a sudden. - mnbv-fockewulfe

MagusGerhardt #26 Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:31 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 443 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostLambo805, on 26 April 2018 - 06:16 PM, said:

My apologies.  Names were hard to remember in the early days prior to the population drop off, and after that I really only met people if they joined in on the clan wars the community tried to organize, or if they frequented my threads here on the forum.  If you were in either of those groups and I don't remember you, that's my bad.  As for grinding to tier X before 2.0 to have a valid take on the game?  Nah, forget that.  I ground to tier X three times loooooong before 2.0.

Every one of them was shelved until events came around that brought an influx of players and made them enjoyable.

Then there were the bots that I could mercilessly pull game on with my P1102, but that was about as fun as playing a single player game with only three levels and no difficulty selector.

Lambo805 #27 Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:46 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• -Community Ace-
  • 1343 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

Okay I'm sorry you're right. You are the king of suffering Mr. Elistist and I bow to your pain and dead perseverance.

ALL HAIL BUBBA_ZANETTI, KING OF BEING ALMOST PERSISTENT ENOUGH!

Seriously though, why is it such a measuring contest? No I wasn't here for those, but I was very much here for the pains of Alpha/Beta, and I was here for some of the struggles of pre-2.0 like the perpetually 'tomorrow' promise of gold.  Hell, that was one of the only reasons I have any games pre-2.0.  

Let it go. Let it goooooooo, don't hold it back anymore.
-Elsa to Bubba_Zanetti (c. 2016)

Lambo805 #28 Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:49 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• -Community Ace-
  • 1343 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 26 April 2018 - 10:31 PM, said:

My apologies.  Names were hard to remember in the early days prior to the population drop off, and after that I really only met people if they joined in on the clan wars the community tried to organize, or if they frequented my threads here on the forum.  If you were in either of those groups and I don't remember you, that's my bad.  As for grinding to tier X before 2.0 to have a valid take on the game?  Nah, forget that.  I ground to tier X three times loooooong before 2.0.

Every one of them was shelved until events came around that brought an influx of players and made them enjoyable.

Then there were the bots that I could mercilessly pull game on with my P1102, but that was about as fun as playing a single player game with only three levels and no difficulty selector.

I was in neither, and my last line was a bit of a "Hey, crap happens right?" kinda thing. I could go into detail exactly what happened but it's a bit like a bad soap opera.  And we all know how bad all soap operas are to begin with anyway.

I was just a guy who got lucky to get into the closed bits because I was younger, dumber, and more naggy. Just kinda sorta irks me that this thread has turned into a bash WG or bash 2.0 or bash 2.0 players instead of a "Hey, that's a cool plane/story!" you know? I don't even mind if my review is negatively viewed, I was most excited about just having a historic plane join my hangar (and the credits are a nice touch) to make credits with. 

Perco_lator #29 Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:14 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

View PostLambo805, on 26 April 2018 - 10:49 PM, said:

I was in neither, and my last line was a bit of a "Hey, crap happens right?" kinda thing. I could go into detail exactly what happened but it's a bit like a bad soap opera.  And we all know how bad all soap operas are to begin with anyway.

I was just a guy who got lucky to get into the closed bits because I was younger, dumber, and more naggy. Just kinda sorta irks me that this thread has turned into a bash WG or bash 2.0 or bash 2.0 players instead of a "Hey, that's a cool plane/story!" you know? I don't even mind if my review is negatively viewed, I was most excited about just having a historic plane join my hangar (and the credits are a nice touch) to make credits with. 

Well to be fair you gave your review & that's fine & dandy but when you said it is a must buy it kinda makes you sound like another WG shill. You know the guys that WG got over here from other titles to hype the game & most are no longer here. Bubba just said WG was done getting his money & a couple of you took it personal & went after him like he insulted your family honor or something. Seems you are still sore & are continuing with attacking him even after he explained again that his beef isn't with you.

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

Lambo805 #30 Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:03 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• -Community Ace-
  • 1343 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostPerco_lator, on 26 April 2018 - 11:14 PM, said:

Well to be fair you gave your review & that's fine & dandy but when you said it is a must buy it kinda makes you sound like another WG shill. You know the guys that WG got over here from other titles to hype the game & most are no longer here. Bubba just said WG was done getting his money & a couple of you took it personal & went after him like he insulted your family honor or something. Seems you are still sore & are continuing with attacking him even after he explained again that his beef isn't with you.

So far all of his comments have been quite negative towards "you all" whether that be the general or directly towards us.

At any rate, of course we sound like shills but if you've ever watched any of my Warplanes streams, I assure you I will give my most honest opinion. That's the problem we have though, as content creators, right? Either we're shills or we're unfairly bashing someone's favorite whatever. If we like it, must be getting paid for it somehow. If we dislike it, well we need to lose our jobs! (As if this is actually a job). My responses have solely been towards the comments that are nothing more than "Screw that, screw wargaming! Never again!" From multiple points, that's less than constructive. All we're trying to do is convey our opinions here. The best thing to do is watch as many videos as you can, and I assure you there's going to be far better playing that fall into the "pre-1.0 veteran" category for the die-hards. 

Pissing on the game/company for the sake of pissing on them just because you can and there's a public forum for it does nobody any good whatsoever, all I was hoping for was either constructive criticism or to be helpful for anyone on the fence about this, and sadly the majority of this thread is neither.

To put it in better terms, allow me to direct that lot here:

Noreaga #31 Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

well that was fun! got a little weird and tank forumy at the end.

Only part of this i am confused about is the Alpha/CBT/OBT numbers, you should probably contact support about the tag issue. i was one of the top 5 people in terms of games played by the end of Beta and i really dont remember you. Granted ive had 9 major head hits, so that is not rare either. You not having a tag is bothersome when you spout numbers like that. 

I see you played ships, having been involved with both and going as far as ST with WOWS i can tell you the testing process for ships is much much more rewarding and constructive, while here is "do as we say".

In fact we had a saying "in WOWP plane drives you!"

See you guys in 3-4 months or if someone posts a link in our clan chat.

Nimis obnoxii curare

Lambo805 #32 Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• -Community Ace-
  • 1343 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

I would be genuinely amazed if anyone remembered anyone from beta. I don't even remember people I flew with a week ago, and like I said, I don't really care that I don't have the tags. I don't really need to prove how much I've played. I know what I did or didn't do, and nobody should be here saying "You 2.0 newbs this or that" you know? 

I do play ships, that one I only got in on the tail of the beta so I didn't even get the Arkansas :( I also play tanks, which I never played the alpha/beta/OBT...I play a lot of things, these are the only games I play a lot, and I only play WoWP a lot because of the connection it has for me.

Enjoy your forumcation 

Bubba_Zanetti #33 Posted 27 April 2018 - 06:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1291 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostLambo805, on 27 April 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

I would be genuinely amazed if anyone remembered anyone from beta.

That's where screen caps come in handy!

Here we got Kiwiav8r on my team, over there is that Bobozebear and Jeraqui DRACS flight :angry:

Desembr_rain on my team, over there is another DRACS, Wafflesofwrath, disconnected or not loaded in yet...

No one recognizable on my side, over there is another DRACS member, schulsco, who I see occasionally in tonks, and Claudio67...:honoring:

Still waiting for this aircraft to return:

...again...none of this matters or is in any way related to my original comment, no moar $ for WG from me.

forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/42410-wg-incompetence/           ^- Over two years awaiting moderation on the WOWP Blog.

“The sad truth is that the one thing around here is that we can always rely on is broken promises” - Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo █ If a company can't handle the truth based on pixelated facts then they shouldn't be in this industry to begin with. Or stop overreaching at areas where they obviously lack the resources to make a sucess (WOWP)” - ArrowZ_  As it is, this “upgrade” is totally misdirected and completely ignores all player feedback over the past few years.  How this studio continues on with the parent company is a total mystery to me.” - Bobby_Tables  The only thing that will fix this game is for the developers to right click and hit send to trash.” - xPALEHORSEx  

They've been around a good while and seen a lot of flak so they surely must know what they're doing by now.” - Catch21  All wargaming has done in all their games across the board have been stupid and greedy ideas. They are failing as a company so hard. - Veraxu  what did they do to the smiley face emoji? It looks really goofy/drunk all of a sudden. - mnbv-fockewulfe

Perco_lator #34 Posted 27 April 2018 - 06:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 11 battles
Bubba in the second pic you missed The_Decoy on your team :P

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

Lambo805 #35 Posted 27 April 2018 - 06:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• -Community Ace-
  • 1343 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 27 April 2018 - 02:46 PM, said:

That's where screen caps come in handy!

Here we got Kiwiav8r on my team, over there is that Bobozebear and Jeraqui DRACS flight :angry:

Desembr_rain on my team, over there is another DRACS, Wafflesofwrath, disconnected or not loaded in yet...

No one recognizable on my side, over there is another DRACS member, schulsco, who I see occasionally in tonks, and Claudio67...:honoring:

Still waiting for this aircraft to return:

...again...none of this matters or is in any way related to my original comment, no moar $ for WG from me.

Our ****ing match aside, cool screen grabs! I forgot about that second/third map. I'm happy every time I end up on that harbor one that they converted to a tier 1-3 2.0er. I don't even have mine from the beginning of the year thanks to my computer biting the big one on the last windows update.  Thanks, Micro$oft.

At any rate, that's fair, and is all well and good. All I ask is that you treat "us 2.newbs" a little more kindly...maybe think of it as carrying the torch or the next generation and not "those people who just don't get it"?

Bubba_Zanetti #36 Posted 27 April 2018 - 07:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1291 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostPerco_lator, on 27 April 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

Bubba in the second pic you missed The_Decoy on your team :P

See..that's why screen caps come in handy!

Look!  I found the F and G 109 models with gondolas!!!!

Bubba_Zanetti #37 Posted 27 April 2018 - 07:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1291 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostLambo805, on 27 April 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

At any rate, that's fair, and is all well and good. All I ask is that you treat "us 2.newbs" a little more kindly...maybe think of it as carrying the torch or the next generation and not "those people who just don't get it"?

I've gone back and reread what I typed Lambo, and other than this statement "But you suckers have at it.  Let’s see how many of you are here in 6-12 months or two-four years.", I'm just not seeing where I treat you "2.newbs" badly...:unsure:

But enough of the derail...go fly your gobling.

Lambo805 #38 Posted 27 April 2018 - 07:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• -Community Ace-
  • 1343 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
I mean, how many times do you need to kick a dog before it remembers?

Also the 2.newbs comment was aimed at someone else that popped in...but also self-deprecation because I didn't stick it out that much in <1.9.

And I will, thank you. Gobling is much fun, such credits.  Just...you know, don't get hit. By anything. I hit a bird's shadow earlier and exploded.

Noreaga #39 Posted 27 April 2018 - 08:03 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Ok,

seriously when the crap did we come down on you for liking 2.0?

Bubba made the point that as a veterans he would never spend money on this game again. If you had had hundreds of dollars of premiums that were from one day to the next worth half as much you might be pissed, but you didnt take the time to ask that did you ? You just start going rear end hurt right away, this is not the tanks or ships forum. You are judged on what you say, and then challenged on that. i challenged you on numbers that didn't make sense. You fixed your tag, problem solved. Where did i piss on you? a challenge on your argument is not going after you personally.

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. Personally i hope you don't have to go through what i did with premiums, but this place has a habit of proving me right. 

PS that is the fastest i ever seen a tag be changed by support... like amazing.

PSS: if this is a troll, well done sir. Well done indeed. if not...

Edited by Noreaga, 27 April 2018 - 08:05 PM.

Nimis obnoxii curare

MelBrooks #40 Posted 27 April 2018 - 09:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 11 battles
Rather enjoyable reading, just understand Lambo, in the past several months we have had many an old alpha tester show up and they were all giddy about the new game format. To add insult to injury, many of them purported themselves to be the " know-all and end-all " to this title. When in reality they were not very good players, really did not have solid comprehension of the mechanics, etc. So understand the edginess when another old alpha tester shows up that nobody remembers. Skepticism is strong in us about such things.

Also tagged with XF-85, Goblin, Review, Historical

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users