Get Rid of Forever Win Rates (Refresh every month)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Mojoe_Bailey #1 Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:52 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1304 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

This is an idea I had. I hate win rates in this game because if you had a bad start in 2.0 you are pretty much stuck with your horrible win rate for a long time and some people have no hope of recovery. And win rate does affect you. It affects which clans you get accepted to and how well you progress in the game as well as unlock stuff. 

Since I am about to leave this game over the fact that I can't quite get my win rate to 60% no matter how many times I place 1st in every game every day on my team with scores of 15,000 and higher. That is why I am asking Wargaming to kill the FOREVER win rate and establish a monthly one. Basically, people can see your win rate for the month. This would keep the game competitive and we would have new people on the charts every week. We would get to see who is actually really good and talented, not just who had the most gold and free xp to spend to skip the worst planes. 

Seriously though, think about it. You are about to lose me over this win rate business. And take in mind when my win rate does go up, the game gets very nasty towards me and up tiers me at every chance it gets. The game tries too freaking hard to knock my win rate down, as if seal clubbing wasn't already so bad for me. People in tier 9 goblins have been infesting my tier 8 games today. 

So make win rate refresh every month, and additionally balance the freaking bots. NO MORE BIAS. I want bots that are always the same level. No varying levels of bot behavior. They must all be the SAME. or there is no fair game!

Pogo68 #2 Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1449 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

All that does is make the game even more pointless than it already is.

No sense of accomplishment what so ever.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

soydivision #3 Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 598 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostMojoe_Bailey, on 25 April 2018 - 01:52 AM, said:

Since I am about to leave this game over the fact that I can't quite get my win rate to 60% no matter how many times I place 1st in every game every day on my team with scores of 15,000 and higher. That is why I am asking Wargaming to kill the FOREVER win rate and establish a monthly one. Basically, people can see your win rate for the month. This would keep the game competitive and we would have new people on the charts every week. We would get to see who is actually really good and talented, not just who had the most gold and free xp to spend to skip the worst planes. 

Seriously though, think about it. You are about to lose me over this win rate business. And take in mind when my win rate does go up, the game gets very nasty towards me and up tiers me at every chance it gets. The game tries too freaking hard to knock my win rate down, as if seal clubbing wasn't already so bad for me. People in tier 9 goblins have been infesting my tier 8 games today. 

You probably just have a flaw or two in the way you approach to matches that is preventing you from getting more consistent wins.  Everyone gets matches where they are down-tiered, everyone gets solo matched against flights, everyone gets the stupid asymmetric maps, but you gotta find ways to win those.  

What WR do you think is appropriate for yourself?  70%?  You currently win almost 6 of 10 games--a 70% player wins 7 of10.  That's only a difference of one game.  With a couple small positive changes in the way you play, you could eventually hit 70%.  

And another point... overall WR can be misleading--who cares if someone has an 80% WR, but got it all in tiers 1-3?  It is also important to look at what is going on in the last 4 weeks--is the person improving?  What tiers have they been playing? etc.

Cenotaph #4 Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:48 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2348 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

You have less than 1100 battles, this is a low enough number that raising your WR shouldn't be too hard, with a bit of effort.

My first suggestion is to lose the defeatist attitude, it's not helping you at all... infact, it's likely hindering you.

Stop expecting instant results, just work at it slowly.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

poisonousblood #5 Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5557 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
lol then players who are at the top of the hall of fame destroying ground targets will have 95% win-rate. No thanks.

trikke #6 Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1710 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i fixate on WR, but there's so many factors that have to fall into place to get a win

i'm now trying to learn to just concentrate on doing my job

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

SpiritFoxMY #7 Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1668 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

My win rate has been slowly creeping up over time - I started monitoring it at about 54% around 420 games. I'm at 59.72% right now and going up slooooooowly - mostly thanks to M up there :P

I will admit that I made up a huge amount of ground during Invasion/Attrition; 2% during the first two weeks alone. I hope to surpass 60% in the next month or so.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

hamhockjones #8 Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:59 PM

Master Sergeant

• 6066 battles
I actually understand your view of the winning percentage issue. If you start to get close to 60%, you will probably lose a bunch of games in a row. I have been playing  going on 5 years. I have learned to not worry about my wins and losses because I have no control over that at all. You are right though when saying the bots are not evenly matched. If you are really good, the bots will be loaded against you. I have accepted that and it makes me a better fighter. In fact some bots have followed me the entire battle as if they are programmed to kill just me, lol..Some pilots get angry,but I usually go after the humans every chance I get .  This is how you get clans attention if that's indeed your goal..  I have had bots on my team that do nothing but fly around in circles over areas already captured, lol.. As far as I'm concerned, if I place in top 3,then I am a winner ! Regardless of the final outcome..  Things we have no control over should not be allowed to influence our thinking or emotions when playing. Just reset , fly again and place high. Otherwise worrying about wins and losses will drive you nuts ! Have fun pal and be happy every chance you can,  sincerely, HAMHOCKJONES

Reitousair #9 Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4908 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
Mmm, I think permanent WR should still be a thing. There's no point in having it because everybody can beat everybody at any time, but it wouldn't make sense to remove a total statistic for a temporary one. And as poisonousblood mentioned, tier 10 GA flights are going to be racking up ~100% WR every single day, would rather not see such people dominating the leaderboards 24/7.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

General_Lee_Miserable #10 Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 315 battles
WR means absolutely zero in this game, since it can be highly manipulated in the current game via low tier seal clubbing and flighting a significant part of your games. There are certain people on this forum who pound their chest about WR and then admit they flight about 30 to 40% of their battles. We won't name names though. It all comes down to if you are enjoying the game experience or not. That is why we play, right? 

MARS_REVENANT #11 Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:23 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3344 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

This is an idea I had. I hate win rates in this game because if you had a bad start in 2.0 you are pretty much stuck with your horrible win rate for a long time and some people have no hope of recovery. And win rate does affect you. It affects which clans you get accepted to and how well you progress in the game as well as unlock stuff. 

So make win rate refresh every month, and additionally balance the freaking bots. NO MORE BIAS. I want bots that are always the same level. No varying levels of bot behavior. They must all be the SAME. or there is no fair game!

W/R is a good indicator of your skill level when you look at it together with your other stats.  Specifically if you look at win rate and average tier.  If you can't get your win rate up, you are most likely playing tiers that are above your skill level.  Try dropping a tier.  When you achieve a consistently high win rate, go up to the next tier.  If you are playing high tiers and you cant maintain a 60% w/r, the problem isn't with recording stats, it is with your performance.  With only 1000 battles, it wont take much to affect your overall w/r and get it up.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

SlappedbyRommel #12 Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:31 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1113 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

I was in the same predicament as you not getting better in the winrate but understating how you can influence the game on strategy/capping will severely help you. It took me awhile and if you flight up with another teammate who has played for awhile and is good with teamspeak or discord you will learn how to influence the game - you will be a better player plus have a higher winrate.

Just a note for each win I have now it is a .07 increase painfully slow so getting above 50 percent took some time and effort.

One thing to note if you see players with high winrates flying nothing but a tier 3 to boost the score higher don't worry its just stat padding anyone can do that so don't fret just get better you can do it.

One thing to remember is to adapt and find a plane you are good with and master it learning the quirks of it then move to the next plane etc.

Edited by SlappedbyRommel, 25 April 2018 - 04:31 PM.

LeastWeasel #13 Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:31 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 748 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Since I am about to leave this game over the fact that I can't quite get my win rate to 60% no matter how many times I place 1st in every game every day on my team with scores of 15,000 and higher. 

Consider several things before you leave:

One: If you’re doing that well, you have all the tools to pull up your winrate. It’s just leveraging them in the right place at the right time. Luck & lemming bots factor in a lot, but 15000 points earned in open skies can lose to 7000 points of well-flipped caps. 

Two: Every time you win, there is an alternate-universe Mojoe_Bailey that loses. Some poor schlub, somewhere else, dropping in WR because you went up. If we had a skill-based matchmaker, you’d likely just have a recognition of your level of play & and a lovely 52%-ish WR from facing only your direct peers. Take your winrate as the challenge it is... saying “I am winning more than half of my games, but it’s not enough” gives the impression that you’d only prefer to face people of lower skill that yourself. You play any kind of pvp, losses will be a part of the equation.

Three: Have fun. Before winning, before losing, in spite of. If you are having fun, if you are learning & facing challenges - that’s the dream. Cultivate rivalries, share  respect, aspire for greater. Fly the skies. 

SOLxCAT32 #14 Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:12 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2201 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
Mojoe believes that at any given point, 1-2 developers are directly watching his account to make him lose. There's no arguing with him

[HVAR]SOLxCAT32 - Top 25 NA - Streaming here

"A glass of windex a day keeps the superunicums away"

FIight #15 Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:40 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2796 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

WR is like free exp/ other factors that is part of the ranking but not critical. Making

it monthly does not help, and I would rather them make avg exp as primary ranking

factor since that encourages more ppl to enter high tier, and the exp of GAA is much

less than those of others, i.e. a player can't pad his stats by ground attacking.

WhoaBlackBetty #16 Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:12 PM

Senior Airman

• 20 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Didn't we used to have percentages published in 7, 30, 120 day times or something like that?  It has been a long time since I looked at it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users