Active Population

vets noobs teams players bots dying game

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

EM1O #21 Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:29 AM

Senior Airman

• 1214 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

stir the pot.  i'm a 2012 vet from Hawken, and saw a familiar vet IGN in a match and the text popped up "well, look who's here".  and never saw him again.  i suggest :( the entire dev crew do 2 things:  take a few passes in flight school, and go skeet shooting or game-fowl hunting.  apply those mechanics to the game. 

you bump the stick or yoke all the way back, and you don't hug the target's tail--you skid through the air until aerodynamics start working, then you have to center the stick so you don't stall.  the game is just YOLO driving around, what with noobs, bot crowding, and jerky, freezing screens (not my system's fault, i'm running a 8350, rx550, and 8gRam, on a fat pipe).  this not acceptable in any "MMO" game, but this is so glorious of a game i hope it stops alienating new folks, and quits bleeding vets (which incidently is exactly what happened to Hawken, over 100,000 registered, with <40 ingame).

Be Excellent to each other!  -O.

"...oh Great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Our Dead."

Bobby_Tables #22 Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 3270 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

I dunno about the population, but all you noobs shooting me down are starting to tick me off to no end.  Of course, I only fly the lesser used planes and not the meta planes so I am relying on my skill to overcome the plane /sarc.  

No, really, ya'll are starting to tick me off.  Stop shooting me down.  I suck, I know it, you don't have to remind me each and every match.  

mnbv_fockewulfe #23 Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:29 AM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostEM1O, on 26 April 2018 - 12:29 AM, said:

stir the pot.  i'm a 2012 vet from Hawken, and saw a familiar vet IGN in a match and the text popped up "well, look who's here".  and never saw him again.  i suggest :( the entire dev crew do 2 things:  take a few passes in flight school, and go skeet shooting or game-fowl hunting.  apply those mechanics to the game. 

you bump the stick or yoke all the way back, and you don't hug the target's tail--you skid through the air until aerodynamics start working, then you have to center the stick so you don't stall.  the game is just YOLO driving around, what with noobs, bot crowding, and jerky, freezing screens (not my system's fault, i'm running a 8350, rx550, and 8gRam, on a fat pipe).  this not acceptable in any "MMO" game, but this is so glorious of a game i hope it stops alienating new folks, and quits bleeding vets (which incidently is exactly what happened to Hawken, over 100,000 registered, with <40 ingame).

Be Excellent to each other!  -O.

Amen brother.
I seriously many of the  game devs have been in a real aircraft in a long while. And if any have, they've long been kicked off the project. The game needs to return to it's roots of a arcade/simulator hybrid and appeal to a pilot/flight enthusiast audience instead of your average gamer with the attention span of a small child. 

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Chuck_norris10 #24 Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:40 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 219 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP
The old game was much better IMO.

trikke #25 Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2132 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostChuck_norris10, on 25 April 2018 - 03:37 PM, said:

This is why I first d.loaded the game,pure Adrenalin and action,shite that would have me up all night drinking beer and smoking the odd gagger.

All right... I'll bite

What is an odd gagger?

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

allenr #26 Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:17 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1210 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

lol, ah yes , the ole gagger, a slang term for a certain bud about to be legalized here in Canada,

plant material used to enhance many aspects of life, gaming for one

have a hoot, take a toke, smoke a joint, 

cures everything now they say, i'm wondering if i should get back into it ?,.. hmmm

anyways i digress,

nice videos Chuck, i loved 1.19 but have adapted to 2.0, its still fun, just different.

to the op, i think population is definitely increasing, i had several 12 vs 12 matches several weeks ago during the last event!

just don't play on Mondays, no one is on then :)

LeastWeasel #27 Posted 03 May 2018 - 05:24 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 748 battles
Ah, memories. Looking at Chuck’s videos, I get all misty-eyed about how much INFO you had on-screen at any given time. Gimme. Also, I miss altitude bands a little bit. I am mostly still running BnZ, but I feel bad for Yaks...

...But I am enjoying my time back in 2.X, when it works. Love the cap system, the scoring by plane types. What bugs me is... the bugs. And that radiators are kinda junk.

But mostly the crazy instability.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users