Jump to content


There is nothing "high altitude" about these bombers.


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

undergroundbadger #1 Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:47 AM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 597 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    02-17-2018

Ugh, Can we please change the description of the bombers so they stop pretending that they are "high altitude" bombers? The RB17 redlines at 4100 meters, which is by no means "high altitude".

Attached Thumbnails


Edited by undergroundbadger, 23 April 2018 - 06:49 AM.


SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:50 AM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 5595 battles
  • 3,108
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012
Its high altitude by the measure of the game

***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


pyantoryng #3 Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:45 AM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2630 battles
  • 8,546
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
A rocket interceptor craps out at around 5000...the altitude is compressed to like a third of what real life is apparently...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Cenotaph #4 Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:03 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 3307 battles
  • 1,276
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Yeah, because the skies are full of tier 8 planes up over 3000m constantly...  :sceptic:
I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

cobra_marksman #5 Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:17 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 10089 battles
  • 563
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-28-2014

View Postundergroundbadger, on 23 April 2018 - 01:47 AM, said:

Ugh, Can we please change the description of the bombers so they stop pretending that they are "high altitude" bombers? The RB17 redlines at 4100 meters, which is by no means "high altitude".

 

View Postpyantoryng, on 23 April 2018 - 05:45 AM, said:

A rocket interceptor craps out at around 5000...the altitude is compressed to like a third of what real life is apparently...

 

Agreed ...... they compress it so you don't spend all your time climbing to 40,000 ft.  Can you imagine the time that would be wasted climbing up to 42,000 ft  trying to catch the RB-17 ? Hell the round would be over, & so would be your stats in Wowp.

Edited by cobra_marksman, 23 April 2018 - 01:22 PM.


Blucraft #6 Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:19 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1654 battles
  • 192
  • Member since:
    08-20-2011

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 23 April 2018 - 07:50 AM, said:

Its high altitude by the measure of the game

 

Especially when it's the last plane alive on the enemy team....and you're in a "mid altitude" fighter :sceptic:.

 

-Blu



FIight #7 Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:41 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5069 battles
  • 745
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    09-11-2015

It doesn't need high altitude. Your perception of jet bombers is wrong, they rely on speed

rather than altitude.



mnbv_fockewulfe #8 Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:41 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 658 battles
  • 3,555
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

View Postcobra_marksman, on 23 April 2018 - 01:17 PM, said:

 

 

Agreed ...... they compress it so you don't spend all your time climbing to 40,000 ft.  Can you imagine the time that would be wasted climbing up to 42,000 ft  trying to catch the RB-17 ? Hell the round would be over, & so would be your stats in Wowp.

 

I disagree. Compressed or uncompressed, inflating the climb rate is what achieves the purpose of making it easier to climb. Altitude compression exaggerates the imbalance between BnZ and TnB a/c by affording BnZ an advantage. A plane in level flight losses three times as much energy in a climb as it should compared to a BnZ plane out of a dive having stored three times as much energy in three times as less altitude. 

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 


 


undergroundbadger #9 Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:00 AM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 597 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    02-17-2018

I -understand- the bombers just fine. 

I can -play- the bombers just fine.

 

 

altitude is "compressed" in the game? Yeah. I get it.

which means, hey, I'm flying at 4000 meters when I should be at 15,000 meters.

Would it take a long time for a fighter to get up to an RB17 at a realistic high altitude?
Sure and thats exactly the poitn of high altitude

 

The bombers have been nerfed in altitude to make it easier for fighters to reach them.

which is another way of saying, hey, guess what, its not a "high altitude" bomber in any way.

 

You guys exactly proved my point.

 



SpiritFoxMY #10 Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:21 AM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 5595 battles
  • 3,108
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

View Postundergroundbadger, on 24 April 2018 - 06:00 AM, said:

I -understand- the bombers just fine. 

I can -play- the bombers just fine.

 

 

altitude is "compressed" in the game? Yeah. I get it.

which means, hey, I'm flying at 4000 meters when I should be at 15,000 meters.

Would it take a long time for a fighter to get up to an RB17 at a realistic high altitude?
Sure and thats exactly the poitn of high altitude

 

The bombers have been nerfed in altitude to make it easier for fighters to reach them.

which is another way of saying, hey, guess what, its not a "high altitude" bomber in any way.

 

You guys exactly proved my point.

 

 

All aircraft have nerfed altitudes relative to the bomber. Ain't War Thunder, we don't have ten minutes to climb into the stratosphere. Its still "high altitude" as far as the game and mechanics are concerned.

 

Warplanes is a small arena where fights come fast and furious. If you want to orbit at 50000ft completely impervious to attack, you're in the wrong game. Or play the Blennie at tier 3. Because every other fighter at your tier stalls out at 1km


***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


undergroundbadger #11 Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:53 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 597 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    02-17-2018

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 24 April 2018 - 06:21 AM, said:

 

All aircraft have nerfed altitudes . ...,If you want to orbit at 50000ft ... you're in the wrong game. 

 

exactly.  these are not "high altitude bombers".
 



Captain_Rownd #12 Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:03 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 3528 battles
  • 1,686
  • Member since:
    09-28-2015
picky picky

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714 :: Me 329 :: MiG-9


cobra_marksman #13 Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:11 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 10089 battles
  • 563
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-28-2014

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on 24 April 2018 - 08:03 PM, said:

picky picky

 

​lol....agreed.  You just need  to adjust your gameplay to the game,:great:  because the game Will Not ​ .....adjust to you :popcorn:

Edited by cobra_marksman, 25 April 2018 - 07:12 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users