The removal of the replay system is a big problem...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

LegioCI #1 Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:59 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 737 battles

From what I gather, the game had a replay system, which was removed prior to 2.0's launch. This decision makes absolutely no sense and is likely a large part of the game's lack of growth over the last few months after the big spike of 2.0.

The biggest problem is that the lack of a replay system makes it so much harder to create content that highlights the game and its players- the lack of a replay system means that each game needs to be recorded as you play and must be recorded as a relatively large video file, instead of a tiny replay file. It also means that you only have the replay from your own point of view- you can't highlight things that you may have missed during the initial game. I've had a number of games that I would love to record and put on Youtube, but considering I have to use third-party resources that I rarely have recording software running at the time the opportunity is often missed.

The other big problem is that a huge part of marketing for WoT and WoWS is accomplished by the Big Name youtubers- Jingles, Yuro, PhlyDaily, etc.- will often feature user submissions of exceptional games; even if they aren't actively playing them currently. (For example, Jingles still semi-regularly features Warthunder replays, even though he hasn't played the game regularly in a long time.) Additionally, replays can be more easily harvested for interesting or entertaining moments for things like "Why You Heff To Be Mad" or most of Yuro's videos.

Not only that, but its exceedingly hard to document glitches, issues, and even bad behavior from other players without a replay system.

We had a replay system before, and if this game is to be a success on the order of other Wargaming titles, adding the replay system back in needs to become a priority for the DevTeam.

ExploratorOne #2 Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1679 battles
  • [LOU1] LOU1
Many ways to record.  i just use the XBox One Game record built into Windows 10.  There is also Bandicam and a lot of people really like OBS (Open Broadcaster Software), which you can also stream through.  I primarily use the Replays to analyze my play from different angles.  For a short time earlier this year, the code from the SEA server worked to create replays.  After the last couple of patches, that no longer works.

ClosedCoffin #3 Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:07 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8442 battles
  • [MRCS] MRCS

Agreed that there should be a built in replay.

I have the means to use GeForce replay software because of my NVidea Vcard.

daNEBish #4 Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:15 PM

Senior Airman

• 415 battles

Block Quote

adding the replay system back in needs to become a priority for the DevTeam.

I disagree.

I mean having a built in replay system would be great, but I don't think it is a priority.  There are much more important features that need to be added, tweaked, reworked that have actually got to do with maintaining a fun, balanced and engaging game.  I don't think World of Warships has a built in replay system either, I think it is a mod that players can get but take that with a pinch of salt, I could be wrong on that.

If you have an Nvidia card - use Shadow Play - which also comes with an instant replay feature that you can use to create your own highlight videos.  You can set the capture length anywhere between 30sec - 20 mins.

Blucraft #5 Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:33 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1651 battles

Personally I think it's a nice to have; I also use Shadow play when I feel the need to save my games.  There are other workarounds, Dev time should be used for more important issues.

-Blu

mnbv_fockewulfe #6 Posted 21 April 2018 - 01:16 AM

Captain

• 615 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostdaNEBish, on 20 April 2018 - 11:15 PM, said:

I disagree.

I mean having a built in replay system would be great, but I don't think it is a priority.  There are much more important features that need to be added, tweaked, reworked that have actually got to do with maintaining a fun, balanced and engaging game.  I don't think World of Warships has a built in replay system either, I think it is a mod that players can get but take that with a pinch of salt, I could be wrong on that.

If you have an Nvidia card - use Shadow Play - which also comes with an instant replay feature that you can use to create your own highlight videos.  You can set the capture length anywhere between 30sec - 20 mins.

keep in mind, replays are necessary for submitting a support ticket because reasons

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

pyantoryng #7 Posted 21 April 2018 - 02:52 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2148 battles

View PostdaNEBish, on 20 April 2018 - 11:15 PM, said:

I disagree.

WoWS has one, but hidden in the codes and has to be activated by editing preferences or using a piece of software provided by WG...and some players prefer it that way lest WG will butcher it into barebones if it is "officially" available in settings.

...and yet I remember hearing things about support asking for replays when the game doesn't even have that functionality [restored]!

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

_Bruiser_ #8 Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:11 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5516 battles

View PostExploratorOne, on 20 April 2018 - 10:47 PM, said:

Many ways to record.  i just use the XBox One Game record built into Windows 10.  There is also Bandicam and a lot of people really like OBS (Open Broadcaster Software), which you can also stream through.  I primarily use the Replays to analyze my play from different angles.  For a short time earlier this year, the code from the SEA server worked to create replays.  After the last couple of patches, that no longer works.

replay mode still works fine for me, installed it when it came out and haven't done a thing to it but move it from update file to new update file. Need the mod again? msg me sometime and we'll figure away for me to send it to ya........

Vradin #9 Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:49 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8110 battles

There is a replay mod available for this, I've tried it and by no means it is the mod creator's fault but it just looks horrible. Slap a tinfoil hat on me but I think they(Wargaming/Persha) are in no rush to produce such a feature as it shows just how wonky the current aircraft physics as compared with pre 2.0. :ohmy:.

That being said....Fraps and Bandi-cam are avaliable for recording, however it's still not the same as editing, recording, etc a replay or a group of replays and making a video on it.

GonerNL #10 Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1098 battles

I used this mod some time ago, replay files were created and you could play 'm back with the WoWp client using mouse to move camera etc.

http://forum.worldof...paly-in-wowp20/

Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

SpiritFoxMY #11 Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:48 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4848 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostClosedCoffin, on 20 April 2018 - 11:07 PM, said:

Agreed that there should be a built in replay.

I have the means to use GeForce replay software because of my NVidea Vcard.

I have that too - it glitches out 2 out of three times. Lost some spanking good replays because of that :(

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users