Jump to content


Greetings From Southeast Asia


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

MzGANz #1 Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:31 AM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 109 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    04-13-2018

Hello everyone! I'm a new WoWP player. as the title says, I'm from Southeast Asia, english is not my native language. so, I'm sorry in advance in case I make grammar mistakes or make terrible wordings.

Anyways, despite being new player, I'm quite familiar with games about warplanes and a bit about warplanes historicity. and also, I'm familiar with Wargaming's 'World of (x)' games. I've rolled my tracks on the ground in Tanks and hit the waves in Ships. now it's time to reach the skies in Warplanes.

 


 

Some Questions

- what are the best tier 10 aircrafts for each type?

currently, I'm grinding F7U, F-84F, IL-40P, P.1102, HG3, and Swift.

 

- is WG planning to make full lines of bombers?

 

- is there any recent news about the current status of bomber development?

 

- which non-prem aircrafts are worth keeping? for fun and credits. any aircraft type.

 


 

Impressions about this game

well, in general, it is very interesting and impressive. packed with WG's classic style which I am familiar with. so I don't waste much time learning the UI, the gameplay, and the controls.

so far, I've reached tier 4 and I'm already in love with this game.

 

however, there are some aspects which reduce the impression.

Game Introduction

there are only videos, no tutorials / basic training, very little amount of guide pop-ups, and lack of begineer missions. new players barely understand the game. if compared to WoT, WoT has :

- videos

- basic training which rewards some credits and xp. (if I remember correctly, about 30k credits and 500 free xp)

- guide pop-ups which points directly at the tech tree(for example) and show info about what is tech tree.

- a set of begineer missions which accompany players up to tier 4 and rewards some credits, free xp, golds, basic consumables, basic equipments, 100% discount for 1k vehicle xp to free xp conversion, and premium days.

those are important to motivate new players to grind higher tiers. they will see that the game is rewarding enough. without those, they may quit early because they have no idea how to play properly and barely rewarded.

 

Crashes

I don't know if it's just my potato PC, or the game is not well optimized. I run the game in minimum graphics settings. it frequently crash when entering the battle or when back to hangar after the battle.

 

Bots

the majority of the games filled with bots (not mentioning base defenders). only 2 up to 4 human players, the rest are bots. I'm not totally against this. in one hand, it helps players to survive longer and perform well. in the other hand, it reduces the pvp competition and prevents team coordination. 8 to 10 players per team would be optimal.

 

AA Guns

the guns are not moving at all. they shoot towards you despite the barrel aims the opposite way, they shoot upwards despite the barrel placed horizontally. and the AA MGs are depicted as AA cannons.

indeed, these are not major issues, but these reduces the game immersion.

to make it better, make them move as they aim a target. the AA cannons should be Flak 88 or stay as currently in the game. and the AA MGs should be Flakvierling or Quad 50cals.

 

Vehicle Preview

not available in the game yet. vehicle preview would be brilliant.

 

Vehicle Comparison

not available in the game yet. able to compare planes' characteristics while in game sounds great.

 

Ping / Latency

not bad tho, but lag spikes occur pretty often. obviously, because I am from Southeast Asia, playing in NA server. hence the thread title.

 


 

In my opinion, this game has a great potential if developed correctly.

I hope WG would make WoWP better and not doing the same as they do to WoT and WoWS(but according to what I see all this time, WG typically summons more problems in their attempt to solve one problem). I hope it's not the case in WoWP development.

and also, make the game available for Asia server. so players from Asia can enjoy the game with less latency issues.

 

see you guys in the game!

 

Cheers,

GANz


Edited by MzGANz, 20 April 2018 - 10:32 AM.

Tank Commander of Southeast Asia.

Fly to North America to fly.


SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:50 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2783 battles
  • 1,860
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

View PostMzGANz, on 20 April 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

Hello everyone! I'm a new WoWP player. as the title says, I'm from Southeast Asia, english is not my native language. so, I'm sorry in advance in case I make grammar mistakes or make terrible wordings.

Anyways, despite being new player, I'm quite familiar with games about warplanes and a bit about warplanes historicity. and also, I'm familiar with Wargaming's 'World of (x)' games. I've rolled my tracks on the ground in Tanks and hit the waves in Ships. now it's time to reach the skies in Warplanes.

 


 

Some Questions

- what are the best tier 10 aircrafts for each type?

currently, I'm grinding F7U, F-84F, IL-40P, P.1102, HG3, and Swift.

 

- is WG planning to make full lines of bombers?

 

- is there any recent news about the current status of bomber development?

 

- which non-prem aircrafts are worth keeping? for fun and credits. any aircraft type.

 

Greetings from Malaysia. There're at least two others from Asia's willy here so you're not the lone Azn here :playing: 

 

To answer your questions:

 

1. Hard to say: tier 4 is the beginning of tech tree diversification so you're only just starting to experience the different styles of play of the different airplanes. It might help to get an idea of what style of fighting you do well in before picking a tier 10.

 

Of those you listed, the P.1102 has the best reputation as a formidable Ground Attacker that can easily double as a low altitude Heavy Fighter. The HGIII has the worst reputation and honestly hardly anyone reaches the F84s because that line is so... "difficult".

 

Still - play a bit more and experiment between lines and types to find your niche. Then we can recommend airplanes to aim for.

 

2. Yes. Germany, Russia and the States eventually. Possibly others

 

3. No recent news. German Ju86 was teased back when the rest were launched but no further word since.

 

4. Again, depends on your playstyle. I keep the 190 A-5 but a lot of people think I'm crazy because of that.

 

***

 

There's currently a mission that gives you 100% XP and Credits for 10 victories in planes under tier 4. There's also a set of objectives for all new players that gives you about 1k gold to start with 

 

Game stability is an issue and most likely isn't your potato computer.

 

Server pop is very low, especially in the Asia timezone, hence the bots.

 

There's an out of game comparison tool:  https://worldofwarpl...planes/compare/

 

Overall though, you'll find we're a very friendly lot - with a few exceptions :p don't hesitate to ask if you're unsure of anything!

 

Lastly, Welcome and see you in the skies!:honoring:

 


***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


MzGANz #3 Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:24 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 109 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    04-13-2018

Thank you very much! glad to hear a response from fellow Asian, and glad to hear that my PC isn't the main problem. :D

 

in any games, I tend to try to be versatile. so I can grow my skills and master the game.

so far, I find myself can play well in any types of aircraft. multirole fighter is my favorite and fighter is the least favorite.

 

the reason why I instantly aim to tier 10s despite being a new player is because from my experience in WoT. previously, I aim only my favorite tanks IRL. time by time, I start to understand the game, grow more competitive, and must follow the dynamic meta. the demand for better vehicles is naturally inevitable. that's why I asked "what are the best vehicles" so I can avoid re-grinding for another line and abandon this line which can waste my time and effort.

 

my favorite aircrafts IRL which available in the game are : P51H, He112, Ju88A, Hs129, IL-2(t), I-16(L), F7F and F4U-4

I'd like to keep them as collection, but I'm afraid they are not as well as expected and inconvenient to play. just collecting is not complete without enjoying them in battle.

 

some more questions,

- is WG aware of the game instability? and how it affects better performing computers?

 

- how much is the average and peak player pop?

 

- is WoWP development as rapid as WoT?


Tank Commander of Southeast Asia.

Fly to North America to fly.


SpiritFoxMY #4 Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:55 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2783 battles
  • 1,860
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

View PostMzGANz, on 20 April 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

Thank you very much! glad to hear a response from fellow Asian, and glad to hear that my PC isn't the main problem. :D

 

in any games, I tend to try to be versatile. so I can grow my skills and master the game.

so far, I find myself can play well in any types of aircraft. multirole fighter is my favorite and fighter is the least favorite.

 

the reason why I instantly aim to tier 10s despite being a new player is because from my experience in WoT. previously, I aim only my favorite tanks IRL. time by time, I start to understand the game, grow more competitive, and must follow the dynamic meta. the demand for better vehicles is naturally inevitable. that's why I asked "what are the best vehicles" so I can avoid re-grinding for another line and abandon this line which can waste my time and effort.

 

my favorite aircrafts IRL which available in the game are : P51H, He112, Ju88A, Hs129, IL-2(t), I-16(L), F7F and F4U-4

I'd like to keep them as collection, but I'm afraid they are not as well as expected and inconvenient to play. just collecting is not complete without enjoying them in battle.

 

some more questions,

- is WG aware of the game instability? and how it affects better performing computers?

 

- how much is the average and peak player pop?

 

- is WoWP development as rapid as WoT?

 

1. They're aware - and the fact that it still continues should give you an idea of the speed of the development of WoWp...

2. Average peak player number is about 6000 across the whole US server per day. So... yes. Its terribly small.

3. WoWp is ther red-headed stepchild of the Wargaming series - no one likes it, no one cares about it. I mean, there're some signs of life but... well, we'll see.

 

So the good news is that the economy in World of Warplanes is a lot more forgiving than World of Tanks and World of Warships so you can afford to play around a bit (just for comparison, I played World of Tanks for three years and never got to tier 10 - only two tier 9s. I now have a tier 10 and four tier 8s after only six months). So have fun trying out the various airplane lines!

 

The P51H is supposed to be very good, but its guns are rather weak. The He112 is a really nice plane but it leads to the Focke Wulf line which is a difficult line to play. Ju88A is supposed to be rather average as a bomber, but I like it. Hs129 is... ok if you use its bombs instead of its 37mm cannon. It doesn't have the 75mm. IL-2(t) is quite good (according to resident ground-pounder LMG).  I-16(L) is ok. I didn't quite like it - its pretty average in capability. F7F is also supposedly quite average, although I know some people quite like it. The F4U-4 is great.

 

So, overall, there is no tier 10 that is considered really superior to any other as far as I can see. The only one that seems to be universally considered to be excellent is the Me P.1102. The other one that people recommend is the La-15 which is supposed to be an excellent fighter that works very well in the current meta. Of the Multiroles, the best is the Blohm und Voss line in my opinion, but the F84F is a pretty powerful as well. The Soviet Alekseyev... not so much - its annoying because it has two massive derp guns that can insta-kill most planes in one hit, but overall its a little meh.

 

The current game meta is "turn and burn" - that is; planes that can turn faster than others in a fight. The main TnB lines are the Soviet Yak, Soviet Lavochkin, British Supermarine and Japanese Ki lines.


***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


pyantoryng #5 Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:08 PM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1670 battles
  • 8,245
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

My computer is pretty powerful, but I doubt it matters much as the game is unstable enough that just trying to close a chatbox will cause CTD...I think it's fixed now, though. 2.0 had been unstable for quite some time, anyway...

 

Server pop? Removed due to 2.0 version! In the previous (1.9) version it's around 300 average and can peak to 800-900 during really big events and something like 500-700 during weekends...I think WoWP NA have never exceeded 1000 people at once for more than a year or even two. Don't expect to play at US's prime time from SE Asia unless you forgo sleep/wake extra early and/or have no responsibilities during the day...or you work at night... but I digress.

 

Development has been a slippery slope downwards for years and WG even admitted that they don't have as much funding as WoT do to have dedicated research team. Many existing players are cynical (in fact, WoWP 2.0 was forced through a very negative reception from the existing players from all three clusters), and probably will be for the time to come. With the population number removed as if trying to cover-up for something, a large chunk of faith is lost. In short, it's not very fast.

 

Don't expect an Asia cluster for the time being because the game had been...less than successful for the past four years.



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

MzGANz #6 Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:31 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 109 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    04-13-2018

thanks a lot for your answers, guys... I really appreciate that despite the bad news about WoWP in general.

 

about my favorite planes, I'll consider picking them up for fun and collection. not all of them tho, only the reachable low to mid tier ones. thank you SpiritFox, for your reviews about all the planes I mentioned. very useful info.

well, if Hs129 have the 75mm, that'd be great. talking about 75mm gun, B25H would be a good prem ground attacker. well protected with its all around MGs.

I've seen the video in YT, Alexey's twin boomsticks are very deadly. but, I don't see Alexey is a versatile multirole fighter. will not be my pick.

 

it's a pity to hear that WoWP is the least successful among WG's games. this game is a masterpiece and not yet ruined with P2W and other cashgrab stuffs, the historical accuracy is still there. reminds me of the good old WoT back in 2015. there was a moment where players thought that WoT is dying, in fact, WoT grows better and better but gradually losing historical values in favour to gameplay reasons. considering the way how WG treat WoT these days loses my interest towards that game. one of the reason-ish why I decide to try Warplanes.

 

knowing the number of the server pop, I don't see if WoWP could grow further. the worst case possible, WG would close the game.

 


Edited by MzGANz, 20 April 2018 - 03:30 PM.

Tank Commander of Southeast Asia.

Fly to North America to fly.


MacDaddyMatty #7 Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:34 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 474 battles
  • 170
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    10-07-2016

Good answers posted.

 

Hello MzGANz, welcome to WoWP!

Have fun and see you in the 'skies'!

:honoring:

 


 ▌▌ clanDDAY.com  ▌▌

A bunch of WoT players who occasionally get shot up by bots in WoWP:

 ▌▌  WoWP Clan   ▌▌


SpiritFoxMY #8 Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:46 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2783 battles
  • 1,860
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

View PostMzGANz, on 20 April 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

it's a pity to hear that WoWP is the least successful among WG's games. this game is a masterpiece and not yet ruined with P2W and other cashgrab stuffs, the historical accuracy is still there. reminds me of the good old WoT back in 2015. there was a moment where players thought that WoT is dying, in fact, WoT grows better and better but gradually losing historical values in favour to gameplay reasons. considering the way how WG treat WoT these days loses my interest towards that game. one of the reason-ish why I decide to try Warplanes.

 

knowing the number of the server pop, I don't see if WoWP could grow further. the worst case possible, WG would close the game.

 

Well, World of Warplanes in its current form is really only six months old. Previous incarnations were different and there used to be a bitter schism over this change. Its mostly gone only because a lot of the previous players left though you'll still see it bubble up from time to time. 

 

There are people who would dispute the historical accuracy of the planes in game but at least for now, the individual tech trees generally feel authentic, which is half the battle. Tanks is just suffering from bloat, IMO. They keep needing to stuff more and more vehicles into it to keep people interested which wrecks the original feel of the game as its flavor becomes more "World of made-up-Tanks" than it used to: Wargaming fundamentally doesn't have an end-game idea for Tanks. 

 

There's something to be said about Warplanes becoming a refuge for burnt out tankers. Maybe that's what Wargaming is thinking about; using Warplanes as a place for people who've grown disillusioned with Tanks to go to and using you guys to rebuild the game's base. At any rate, Wargaming seems to be showing some interest in Warplanes... just not a lot. I don't think they're ready to let it die just yet.

 

Anyway, don't let all this get you down; jump into a plane and start shooting stuff! Bots, Ground Targets, the occasional Human... looking forward to seeing you as a regular in the skies!


***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


SonicPariah #9 Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:55 PM

    Community Manager

  • Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • 879
  • [WGATX] WGATX
  • Member since:
    05-22-2016

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 20 April 2018 - 12:55 PM, said:

 

1. They're aware - and the fact that it still continues should give you an idea of the speed of the development of WoWp...

2. Average peak player number is about 6000 across the whole US server per day. So... yes. Its terribly small.

3. WoWp is ther red-headed stepchild of the Wargaming series - no one likes it, no one cares about it. I mean, there're some signs of life but... well, we'll see.

 

1. Working on a tighter schedule and more thorough updates.

2. Hopefully, I can get some of you fine folks to help me bolster numbers with exciting plans for the future!

3. I RESENT THESE ATTACKS ON MY CHARACTER!!! But really, that should be changing soon as we have some real power players working to help create and grow our content.

 

Last but not least! Welcome to MzGANz! Hope you enjoy your time here and let me know if you have any questions at all!



trikke #10 Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:43 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2276 battles
  • 1,822
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSonicPariah, on 20 April 2018 - 11:55 AM, said:

3. I RESENT THESE ATTACKS ON MY CHARACTER!!!

 

so now we know that you've got red hair...    don't forget to swing by the DVM and pick up your handicap parking sticker

 

just teasing, many important people through the centuries have had red hair...   there's umm, umm... well, i'm sure there has been some     lol

 

 

welcome to the game and to the forums, MzGanz... some of my friends are the best pilots in the game, and they are located in the SEA region of the world 

 

they battle humans, bots and astronomical ping times... and consistently beat all of them

 

 


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

MzGANz #11 Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:57 AM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 109 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    04-13-2018

View PostSonicPariah, on 20 April 2018 - 11:55 PM, said:

 

Last but not least! Welcome to MzGANz! Hope you enjoy your time here and let me know if you have any questions at all!

 

thank you very much, I really appreciate that... :great:

 

well, I'm not expecting much... esp. since I lost my trust towards WG since WoT... just want to enjoy a game with historical accuracy. I came to WoT and left it because of it. hope you guys can improve the game without sacrificing any historical values and gaining income without P2W / cashgrab stuffs. inaccuracy in module configuration is not a problem.

for WoWP improvement, I've pointed out my suggestions in the 1st post. that's all so far. more suggestions later...

I really want this game to be better ;)

 

Tank Commander of Southeast Asia.

Fly to North America to fly.


gerr22 #12 Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:44 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2751 battles
  • 456
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-27-2013
something else to try do not play full screen play windowed borderless it does not stop the crashing but it crashes much less being fron South Africa i feel your pain ping wise




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users