First Post From Returning Player

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

FlashTX1 #1 Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:13 AM

Airman Basic

• 62 battles
  • [ART] ART

Howdy all!  I played WOWP when it first came out and gave up on it.  Now, I'm giving it another try and so far I'm liking it.  However, I do have some questions, like is their an easy way to tell the difference between BOTS and Humans in the midst of battle?

How can you see exactly what ground targets and air targets you destroyed?  I want to know did I just shoot down BOTS or did I shoot down some humans?

I've read through a lot of these threads and I didn't see any answers to these questions.

I have learned a lot reading through these threads, thanks to everyone that takes the time to answer and share their knowledge!

Former US Navy, (11 yrs) Nuclear MM1(ELT) (SW), Emerald Shellback (Crossing the Equator at 0 Longitude, 0 Latitude), Magellan (Sailing a ship around the world), Golden Dragon (Crossing the International Date LIne), Order of the Rock (Transiting the Straits of Gibraltar), served on USS Boulder LST-1190 and on USS TEXAS CGN-39.   USS TEXAS CGN-39 next to Soviet spy ship AGI Kareliya SSV-535

300px-USS_Texas_(CGN-39)_and_Soviet_AGI_

ClosedCoffin #2 Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:24 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4409 battles
  • [MRCS] MRCS

I use this mod, from Krautjaeger, for spotting bots, it puts an asterisk (*) in front of bot names in battle and in battle results.

To install, unzip the contents in to your World of Warplanes install folder's ...\res_mods\

http://cdn-frm-us.wa...-1521809448.zip

Your battle results will not tell you whether you killed bots or humans nor what kinds of ground targets you destroyed, you should try and get a video capture of your battles and then you can check them later for those kinds of details.

Edited by ClosedCoffin, 17 April 2018 - 03:47 AM.

FreeFOXMIKE #3 Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:52 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 3133 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

Welcome Back!:great:

Agree with the mod posted above,and in most cases you can notice this like symbols added or use of upper and lower case fonts in the same Call sign.  Or just a K.I.S.S. way, kill or run from everything red  then knock out the white bots just kidding but it do work sometimes when used  every now and again

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

Worland #4 Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:44 PM

Master Sergeant

• 436 battles
The BOT names are national. A German plane will have a German name. Japanese plane a Japanese name. If you look at the teams before/during the battle, you can easily pick out human players. Only took me 30-50 battles to be able to discern between a human and BOT. Most battles only seem to have 1-2 humans. But sometimes I see 6 per team.

The BOTs love to fight you head on and try to ram you. Rather annoying. When chasing BOTs, they seem to evade you exactly the same way every time.

SonicPariah #5 Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:15 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

Welcome Back! Seems everyone already has the answers covered for you!

If you have any other questions, let me or the Community know!

Dru83 #6 Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2497 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

The sure fire way to know who is a bot is before the match, bring up the list of all players. Right click on every players name. If a menu comes up so you can friend or report the person, then they are a human. If the menu doesn't appear, it's a bot. You can of course use the names to narrow down the options so you don't have to click every name. Bot names always start with a capital letter and never have more than one capital letter or non-letter characters in their name. And, of course, their names tend to reflect the nationality of the plane they're flying. There are a few players out there who purposely pick names that are similar to bot names and that's when right clicking the names comes in handy. I try to memorize how many humans are in a match on each side and what aircraft they're flying. This makes the humans easier to spot in battle.

poppavein #7 Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2354 battles
The next patch will have better after battle stats. 

clodhoppr #8 Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:13 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1077 battles
  • [SF] SF

View PostWorland, on 17 April 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

The BOT names are national. A German plane will have a German name. Japanese plane a Japanese name. If you look at the teams before/during the battle, you can easily pick out human players. Only took me 30-50 battles to be able to discern between a human and BOT. Most battles only seem to have 1-2 humans. But sometimes I see 6 per team.

The BOTs love to fight you head on and try to ram you. Rather annoying. When chasing BOTs, they seem to evade you exactly the same way every time.

Planes representing Totallyawesomenessland are flown by pilots with names that begin with the word "clod."

Doc_Ebs #9 Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:05 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1042 battles
  • [FPOA] FPOA

View Postclodhoppr, on 17 April 2018 - 11:13 PM, said:

Planes representing Totallyawesomenessland are flown by pilots with names that begin with the word "clod."

Ah yes, the Totallyawesomenesslanders... a reclusive tribe

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users