Blohm And Voss BV P.212.03 Setups & First Few Battles

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

ArrowZ_ #1 Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:18 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 428 battles

(Part 2 & 3 included in the Playlist)

Another weekly content from my channel. This time I continue the Blohm and Voss line since I enjoyed the BV P.210 so much last week. Might as well finish this line and grab me another Tier 10! First time flying this jet. More speedy and packing more hard hitting 20mms! Even though they're the same as the tier 8. Still does great work at Tier 9. I noticed the R4Ms at this tier started to loss its effectiveness. Tried a few things like the Ordnance Delivery Sight equipment and grabbing the Expert Rocketeer skill as quick as possible at the cost of 400 gold and some free exp damn! A pretty expensive start to this jet. Not too mention the silver cost in both the aircraft and its modules. Not sure if demolitions expert will help boost the damage on the rocket barrages. But I'll have to test that out later with more pilot skill points. Was also in a flight during this session. Unfortunately my flightmate was offline on the comms so I did the usual commentary instead. Hope you guys enjoy this 3-part video series of the BV P.212.03!

Share with me some tips and advice with this aircrafts down below! - its setups, gameplay style. How do you fly it? How do you make the R4Ms work? And I'll see you guys in the skies :honoring:

Edited by ArrowZ_, 17 April 2018 - 02:22 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1293 battles

Oh god, this thing. My favourite airplane in the game.

I pack: Engine Tuning, Lightweight Airframe and Gyroscopic Gunsight.

My pilot has: Aerodynamic Expert, Marksman I, Expert Rocketeer, Fire Retardant.

My next skill is going to be Demolitions Expert to boost the damage from my R4Ms further (it works as I've tried it with my B.V.215.02 pilot - you can finish off an IL40P with rockets alone with this skill.)

I usually use the rockets two ways - head on with ram-happy heavies or at ramming distance from the rear of Ground Attack aircraft on a strafing run. I have had limited success with angled shots but those are tricky and only really work if your opponent keeps a stable course rather than weaving about.

Gameplay wise I use it as a high energy mixed-tactics fighter in the same vein as the Mustang. While you noted the reduced effectiveness of the R4Ms and the additional cannon, the biggest difference between this and the B.V.210 is thrust. The 212.03 accelerates far faster and keeps speed far better than the 210. It makes it an excellent "energy" fighter that can hold its own against anything at speed with the sole exception of the Attacker (which you have to stall out)

Best plane in game IMO.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

ArrowZ_ #3 Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:29 PM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 428 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 17 April 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

Best plane in game IMO.

Will hold you to that comment! I really do like the style of the BV P.212.03. One of the few jets that the devs actually got right for WOWP.

Edited by ArrowZ_, 17 April 2018 - 01:29 PM.

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

pyantoryng #4 Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:42 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1296 battles

With the R4M nerfed so hard the BV215 is now nothing but a curiosity...

R4M getting weaker? Must be the tier 9-10 enemies you face on a regular basis that have more health...In my experience, anything heavier than a multirole fighter will easily withstand the old R4Ms...sometimes even when the entire payload is shot at.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

SpiritFoxMY #5 Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1293 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 17 April 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:

R4M getting weaker? Must be the tier 9-10 enemies you face on a regular basis that have more health...In my experience, anything heavier than a multirole fighter will easily withstand the old R4Ms...sometimes even when the entire payload is shot at.

On average it takes three direct volleys of R4Ms to kill any airplane short of an IL40P in my experience. Of course I fire close in/head on so its kinda the optimum damage spread with that.

That said, I agree that the tier X 215.02 is quite a letdown from the tier IX. It suffers badly from the same problems the earlier Focke Wulfs had - low endurance in battle. The reload on the rockets is almost twice as long as on the tier IX (110s vs 60s) while packing only four additional volleys on top of the three you have on the tier IX. If each volley had its own cooldown, it wouldn't be a problem but as things stand, you fire off all your R4Ms and then you're basically flying a tier VIII heavy at tier X for the next 110s. 

But the B.V.212.03? Still best plane in my book. 

ArrowZ_ #6 Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:23 PM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 428 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 18 April 2018 - 01:12 AM, said:

Played abit more yesterday. Tried to hold off the guns and get closer around 300m and they started to one shot most fighters again like the bv 210. Demolitions expert should help as Spirit mentioned (thx good sir!). Now that is confirmed I should be able to do more with the R4Ms hehe...

One Question: Any of you tried the WGR rockets (the one above)? Is it worth for GTs? Wanted to try this out.

Edited by ArrowZ_, 17 April 2018 - 11:24 PM.

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

SpiritFoxMY #7 Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1293 battles
The WGrs are ground attack munitions - even with Expert Rocketeer they don't reliably hit airborne targets. Loading them makes the 212.03 a genuine multirole. Can be useful for picking off small and medium sized ground targets, especially with Demolition Expert, but I personally don't bother.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users