Am I the only one getting low frame rate?

low fps

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

partisan1941 #1 Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:00 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 28 battles

So I have played wot for many years now and decided to give warplanes 2.0 a try. I also installed warships. Tanks and warships run buttery smooth on my pc at high settings at 65 fps avg. Yet warplanes on MINIMUM settings are getting me 25-30 fps. And 25 fps avg on high settings. It seems changing graphics quality does nothing. I really want to get into the game, but I can't because I cringe at the low frame rates.

Does anyone else experience the same fps problem and was this always the case for warplanes?

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #2 Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:14 AM

First Lieutenant

• 394 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postpartisan1941, on 15 April 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

So I have played wot for many years now and decided to give warplanes 2.0 a try. I also installed warships. Tanks and warships run buttery smooth on my pc at high settings at 65 fps avg. Yet warplanes on MINIMUM settings are getting me 25-30 fps. And 25 fps avg on high settings. It seems changing graphics quality does nothing. I really want to get into the game, but I can't because I cringe at the low frame rates.

Does anyone else experience the same fps problem and was this always the case for warplanes?

Welcome to WoWP's!

nope... most of us get 120 fps+ on our 2009 HP ideapad lenovo's...

Just kidding :trollface:... I'm being a sarc... you are getting about right for a mid/high end pc w/ good internet

it drops in heavy action and rises in sky views...

if you feel you need higher fps lower your graphics and it "might" help...

or it might do nothing...

otherwise the game is quite playable at 30 fps for most ppl...

Good luck

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

ArrowZ_ #3 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:36 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 775 battles

Everyone is experiencing FPS problems with this game lols...

It's going to take a while before these devs figure out a fix for some good optimization.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

comtedumas #4 Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:34 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3979 battles
  • [FK] FK
No, you aren’t the only one.  It’s a community wide problem.  

SonicPariah #5 Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:53 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 244 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

We are definitely looking into problems with FPS. Your best bet is to make the game have a high priority and adjust settings until you are satisfied in game.

In the meantime, you have been heard!

SOLxCAT32 #6 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:10 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2201 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
I'd really like to stream more, but the FPS hits that I take make it simply unfun. I play at 20-30 most of the time as it is, and streaming reduces framerate even more. According to Priolia, there's a technical patch in the works for April, but who knows how much it'll actually help

[HVAR]SOLxCAT32 - Top 25 NA - Streaming here

"A glass of windex a day keeps the superunicums away"

partisan1941 #7 Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:02 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 28 battles
Thank you all for giving me feedback into the game. I like the game and I will be playing it and hopefully the kinks will be worked out :)

Also tagged with low fps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users