Objective priorities in game.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

medoyehd #1 Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:25 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 362 battles

Is there something I don't know here, or just don't get?

Map has a command center, a mining plant, and small air fields.  I go for the command center, my team goes for the small air field. 

Now it is my fault for lone attacking the CC which just made me not care about this game in particular, but is there something I don't know about?  This was a T8 game, and I would like to think that players that have grinded that high have some idea about objectives. 

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2208 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

I once had an A-8 on my team who decided that a Garrison was a more important target than the Missile Base. I nearly choked him. By the time he finished faffing around there and came to assist me, the enemy team had capped the missile base and it was just downhill from there. I also had a game where I was the sole guy capping the Command Center... in an Me262. My companion was in an F6U Pirate. He managed to pull in a glorious 900PP throughout the whole battle. That was the one time I ever tried to teamkill someone...

Fighter bots prioritize airfields, Heavy Fighters and Bombers prioritize Command Centers. Ground Attackers kinda split their attention. Humans... not so predictable. Even in Tanks and Warships, we have humans who basically fail their way to the top - you were just unfortunate enough to end up on a team with them.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Cenotaph #3 Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:38 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2450 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Once you hit 8+, the bot behavior gets a little different... and trying to solo sectors is usually just wasted effort.

You'll find it works out better to see where your bots want to go, and then pick a sector to assist... thereby freeing up the bots to move on to other, possibly more important sectors.

Players, on the other hand... good luck trying to get them to go where they're needed, tho it occasionally works if you tell them where you'd like them to attack, and why.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you.

pyantoryng #4 Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:01 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1494 battles

If there is anything I've learned from those stupid missions...garrisons are actually easy enough to solo in a maneuverable fighter. Just keep jinking to minimize AA damage. Going into a sector with number behind you actually poses a risk of getting that sector captured by the enemy when the enemy outfights your team or your team derp so hard they managed to get downed in succession. Going in as a small force or even solo does have its place in battles.

If you need the bots' assistance, free them up by taking whatever they are attacking. You may find yourself wanting to take the garrison the bots are swarming to push them to help fry the bigger fish that is the missile base/command center/etc. Hell, you may have to descend in your own fighter to gobble up AA when the GAA bots get owned HARD by a sector's AA.

A command center...just forget about soloing if you are not a GAA. There are barely enough fighters in there to take over from neutral, but the number of AA in there will shred you much faster than a garrison/airstrip can without numbers to mitigate it.

...in short, it's all about freeing your bots from going after low priority sectors and making sure they don't derp where you can lend assistance or preventing them from derping to begin with.  Go with the flow, not against it, unless you know you that you are able to.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

SpiritFoxMY #5 Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2208 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postpyantoryng, on 15 April 2018 - 11:01 AM, said:

A command center...just forget about soloing if you are not a GAA. There are barely enough fighters in there to take over from neutral, but the number of AA in there will shred you much faster than a garrison/airstrip can without numbers to mitigate it.

The exception is the Do335 - if you have the Demolition Expert skill, you can nuke the main radar station and then clean up the heavies. Just beware enemy GAAs stealing your ground kill.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

SonicPariah #6 Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:42 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 416 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX
#FreeTheBots is the approved sentiment.

daNEBish #7 Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:30 AM

Senior Airman

• 415 battles

I guess it depends on where the points were located i suppose.  I mean I agree with you that the command centre is certainly the valuable point, but remember airfields can potentially give you a forward staging point (depending on its location)

Otherwise yeah, I just sigh hard and "go with the flow" lol

Bots FTW!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users