Jump to content


Remove mouse "camera bending" mod


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

mnbv_fockewulfe #1 Posted 13 April 2018 - 08:41 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 216 battles
  • 2,280
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/404825870855962655/434452510640439296/CameraStrategyLegacyProxy.pyc

install in path res_mods/scripts/client
removes "camera bending" and "speed dependent zoom"
Restores camera to 1.9 behavior.
 
 

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


wscarter007 #2 Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:15 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2534 battles
  • 96
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    10-31-2017
I'm not sure what you mean, sorry for my ignorance I joined after 2.0. Could you explain what the bending does? 

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #3 Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:18 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 348 battles
  • 2,602
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 13 April 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/404825870855962655/434452510640439296/CameraStrategyLegacyProxy.pyc

install in path res_mods/scripts/client
removes "camera bending" and "speed dependent zoom"
Restores camera to 1.9 behavior.
 
 

it makes me feel like I'm traveling faster...

when the stars blur to my right and left...

well then I know I'm at warp drive speeds


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


mnbv_fockewulfe #4 Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:41 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 216 battles
  • 2,280
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

View Postwscarter007, on 13 April 2018 - 10:15 PM, said:

I'm not sure what you mean, sorry for my ignorance I joined after 2.0. Could you explain what the bending does?

 

You know how the aircraft somewhat lags behind the movements of the camera?

The file makes it so the camera is always pivoting over a single point.


Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


mnbv_fockewulfe #5 Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:42 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 216 battles
  • 2,280
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 13 April 2018 - 10:18 PM, said:

it makes me feel like I'm traveling faster...

when the stars blur to my right and left...

well then I know I'm at warp drive speeds

 

 

Just a thought, wouldn't making the camera zoom in during high speed and zooming out at slow speed give a better sense of said speed?

 


Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #6 Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:46 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 348 battles
  • 2,602
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 13 April 2018 - 05:42 PM, said:

 

 

Just a thought, wouldn't making the camera zoom in during high speed and zooming out at slow speed give a better sense of said speed?

 

 

yeah, but that bending effect would go to waste...

they worked so very hard on that...

it would be so sad


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


mnbv_fockewulfe #7 Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:47 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 216 battles
  • 2,280
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 13 April 2018 - 10:46 PM, said:

 

yeah, but that bending effect would go to waste...

they worked so very hard on that...

it would be so sad

 

Actually a byproduct of the zooming in and out. :trollface:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


Fly_Time #8 Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:33 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 135 battles
  • 89
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013
will that have the same effect with a joystick?

CdnSniper52 #9 Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:54 AM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 783 battles
  • 28
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    11-23-2013

"install in path res_mods/scripts/client"

 

I can't find that folder.  I have scripts folders in res and res_bw.  Do I need to create a new folder in res_mods?

 

Thanks vm for doing this



mnbv_fockewulfe #10 Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:23 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 216 battles
  • 2,280
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

View PostCdnSniper52, on 14 April 2018 - 12:54 AM, said:

"install in path res_mods/scripts/client"

 

I can't find that folder.  I have scripts folders in res and res_bw.  Do I need to create a new folder in res_mods?

 

Thanks vm for doing this

 

If you do not have the folder you need to create it.

View PostFly_Time, on 14 April 2018 - 12:33 AM, said:

will that have the same effect with a joystick?

 

Only removes the "field of view" zoom for joystick as the joystick camera doesn't experience bending.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


_Bruiser_ #11 Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:52 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2122 battles
  • 81
  • [TWE] TWE
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 13 April 2018 - 08:41 PM, said:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/404825870855962655/434452510640439296/CameraStrategyLegacyProxy.pyc

install in path res_mods/scripts/client
removes "camera bending" and "speed dependent zoom"
Restores camera to 1.9 behavior.
 
 

 

Probably the best mod out there, been using it since you first made it pal.

mnbv_fockewulfe #12 Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:54 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 216 battles
  • 2,280
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

Time for some shameless self promotion.
The mod really does change the feel of the game a lot.

All the old players that left should use it and give the game another try.


Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


arasgrandpa #13 Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:39 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1909 battles
  • 86
  • [-ES-] -ES-
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

My two cents worth, for what its worth...

 

1.  Love it! Seems like I can get and stay on target much better, especially in hard turns and climb outs.  I am assuming it is similar to the server sight in WoT?

2.  Do you mind if I include it in my AIO?

 



mnbv_fockewulfe #14 Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:44 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 216 battles
  • 2,280
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

View Postarasgrandpa, on 15 April 2018 - 10:39 PM, said:

My two cents worth, for what its worth...

 

1.  Love it! Seems like I can get and stay on target much better, especially in hard turns and climb outs.  I am assuming it is similar to the server sight in WoT?

2.  Do you mind if I include it in my AIO?

 

 

Just by guessing by the name, I wouldn't say its similar to the WoT server sight. All it does is remove the FoV change dependent on speed, which has the result of showing the true position of the camera over the airplane at all times.


And yes, please include it in your AIO! You also have my permission to come up with a proper name for it.


Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


Perrigrino #15 Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:21 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1673 battles
  • 111
  • [GWG] GWG
  • Member since:
    10-02-2013

just went into training room and tried it out, very nice!

 

thx fockewulf..



ComradeZ #16 Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:22 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1932 battles
  • 68
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011
I'm trying to see the difference. Maybe I'm blind but it feels a little snappier?




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users