Jump to content


The Economy of WoWP

Credits XP Earnings Economy

  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

NovaTempest #21 Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:19 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1173 battles
  • 142
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

View PostSonicPariah, on 13 April 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

 

Gain-gliding? Fun-polization? Play-to-Profit?

 

Fly-vateering? Skyfishing? Flying to the bank? :popcorn:

Rico_CotC_ #22 Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:15 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 539 battles
  • 505
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostNovaTempest, on 13 April 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

 

Fly-vateering? Skyfishing? Flying to the bank? :popcorn:

 

Trolling for silver!

xxBigbacon #23 Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:45 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 109 battles
  • 30
  • [-GNZ-] -GNZ-
  • Member since:
    02-03-2015
Both WoWP and WoWS are LIGHT YEARS ahead of WoT in terms of economy. Least you aren't losing credits ever unlike WoT where getting credits at all is a massive chore unless you pay for premium time and use premium vehicles and even then an ok round can still net you little to nothing.

ThePigSheFlies #24 Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:48 AM

    Airman Basic

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 106 battles
  • 3
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-19-2012

I find it somewhat amusing that people find Tanks economy "broken"

 

yes, I run a premium account.  typically purchased annually during the year end discounts.  I don't care much for brawling heavy tanks, instead preferring agile mediums and LTs.  I find that there are always tanks I can farm with standard rounds, and for the most part don't crutch on premium rounds.  I am a ~55%er, preferring to get early intel, plus early damage - typically 1.5x my hps in damage which is sufficient to be more than profitable.

 

I'm "down" to $13m credits currently over there.  I don't grind credits in premium tanks (most of the fun ones are not relevant due to match maker tossing 8s into tier 10 games in funnel maps)  I have well over 20 tier 10s, (3 I have not yet played because I also most often transfer crews when that is on discount).  But, I also typically make purchases during on tracks, or discounts.  I have never chased the dangling carrots of the "flavor of the month" OP tanks, and didn't bother grinding the TDs last summer that got replaced that I didn't own (FV 183, Foch) and I don't intend to grab the current broken 268v4.

 

yes, the above makes it seem like I'm overly "cost conscious" in terms of the 'discount only' - however, more than anything it's growing frustration and boredom with the game and the brawling meta that have me patient enough that I don't care to throw even easily obtained credits at tanks just to 'collect them'.

 

I don't know how much actual 'grinding' I'll do here in WoWP's, so I don't really know what the economy is like here, but provided one is decent at the game in tanks, it's not as bad as those forum-goers like to suggest



pyantoryng #25 Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:02 AM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1296 battles
  • 7,823
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostThePigSheFlies, on 19 April 2018 - 02:48 AM, said:

I find it somewhat amusing that people find Tanks economy "broken"

 

yes, I run a premium account.

 

Stopped reading right there.

 

That stops pretty much all credit loss barring constant losing streak in tier 9/10 in all three games, moreso with Tanks and Ships.

 

The difference is, WoT had no incentive whatsoever to play low-mid tier, so they had to make the exorbitant operating cost of high tier an artificial barrier...same with Ships to an extent, while Planes already had incentive to play at all tier ranges, and thus can structure the economy in such a way that you can literally sustain yourself on tier 10s because players would have to go to and fro the low, mid, and high tiers to reap all the rewards available anyway, and not stuck in playing tier 10s THAT much.



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

hoom #26 Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:13 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 3110 battles
  • 516
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Block Quote

 The reason that WoWP can structure its economy like this...is because an incentive to play at all tier ranges is already there in the form of daily missions to accumulate tokens so there's no need to cap revenue to force players to go lower.

 Interesting point.

I recall reading somewhere that they didn't adjust earnings from 1.x to 2.0 -> have assumed that its respawns & defense bots in 2.0 give the opportunity to earn stupid amounts of Silver if you don't entirely suck.

So I've been expecting to see an economy rebalance nerfing earnings.

I hope you're right though & would be interesting to see if WG could work that system into the other games.

 

Regarding high tier economy: I've got 3* T9s, all seem to be healthily profitable, but the (non-premium account) XP grind to T10 seems to be a really really big bump vs T8 -> T9, its a long grind.

That said, my 3rd T9 indicates it may be a question of poor line choice for the first 2: Attacker was first, La-160 2nd, Yak-19 3rd.

 

Attacker should be renamed Defender because it really feels like its on defensive & outmatched nearly the whole time when I play it, its been a big chore getting to 253k XP (51k to go to Swift), probably doesn't help that its so damn ugly.

La-160 is more fun, the guns hit nice & hard, its quite a bit more agile and I feel in control of the situation much more often, actually got only 47k to go even though I started Attacker earlier. Its pretty funny looking but in a way that makes it more an interesting character rather than ugly.

But the Yak-19 is basically a dream, feel in control & am hunting enemies most of the time, the 3*23mm seem to get great shot grouping -> rip stuff up very nicely, already 103k into shorter 261k 'grind'. Not exactly pretty but at least not offensively ugly like the Attacker.


C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

SpiritFoxMY #27 Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:25 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1298 battles
  • 1,050
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

View Posthoom, on 19 April 2018 - 04:13 AM, said:

Regarding high tier economy: I've got 3* T9s, all seem to be healthily profitable, but the (non-premium account) XP grind to T10 seems to be a really really big bump vs T8 -> T9, its a long grind.

That said, my 3rd T9 indicates it may be a question of poor line choice for the first 2: Attacker was first, La-160 2nd, Yak-19 3rd.

 

Attacker should be renamed Defender because it really feels like its on defensive & outmatched nearly the whole time when I play it, its been a big chore getting to 253k XP (51k to go to Swift), probably doesn't help that its so damn ugly.

 

Is the Attacker that bad? It's pretty much the only tier IX on my "must kill" list so it's... rather surprising to hear this. 


***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


hoom #28 Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:44 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 3110 battles
  • 516
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I dunno, others may love it I find it a real chore.

I mean transitioning to it from Spitfire XIV it felt like a huge step up at first & I've thought maybe I just get bad RNGesus with it but compared to Yak-19 I think it must just be the plane.


C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

SpiritFoxMY #29 Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:04 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1298 battles
  • 1,050
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

View Posthoom, on 19 April 2018 - 06:44 AM, said:

I dunno, others may love it I find it a real chore.

I mean transitioning to it from Spitfire XIV it felt like a huge step up at first & I've thought maybe I just get bad RNGesus with it but compared to Yak-19 I think it must just be the plane.

 

Well, its a lot less of a turner, that's for sure. I guess I'll see for myself - its pretty much next on my list of tier 9s.

***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


ThePigSheFlies #30 Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:20 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 106 battles
  • 3
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-19-2012

View Postpyantoryng, on 19 April 2018 - 03:02 AM, said:

 

Stopped reading right there.

 

That stops pretty much all credit loss barring constant losing streak in tier 9/10 in all three games, moreso with Tanks and Ships.

 

The difference is, WoT had no incentive whatsoever to play low-mid tier, so they had to make the exorbitant operating cost of high tier an artificial barrier...same with Ships to an extent, while Planes already had incentive to play at all tier ranges, and thus can structure the economy in such a way that you can literally sustain yourself on tier 10s because players would have to go to and fro the low, mid, and high tiers to reap all the rewards available anyway, and not stuck in playing tier 10s THAT much.

 

huh?

 

in tier 9s and 10s I tend to remain credit neutral or cash flow positive when I win.  losses, especially with full repairs and/or consumables are still high - but not prohibitively so.  my point was that most of the folks that squeal that costs are high in upper tier tanks is due to most of the folks that think so are paying full repairs every single game, spamming premium, and on top of all of that simply average players (or worse)

 

as for premium time, it's also useful for grinding crews and tanks, and an annual amount of gold necessary to achieve same is less than most people spend on cell phone...  (assuming one isn't good enough or willing to participate in clanwars long ago, tourneys, and/or completing various tankrewards)

 

View Posthoom, on 19 April 2018 - 04:13 AM, said:

 

I hope you're right though & would be interesting to see if WG could work that system into the other games.

 

 

assuming you mean respawns, no thanks to it in tanks.  they tried it in domination mode and I honestly don't know anyone that liked it.


Edited by ThePigSheFlies, 19 April 2018 - 04:21 PM.


NovaTempest #31 Posted 19 April 2018 - 05:11 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1173 battles
  • 142
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

View PostThePigSheFlies, on 19 April 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

 

huh?

 

in tier 9s and 10s I tend to remain credit neutral or cash flow positive when I win.  losses, especially with full repairs and/or consumables are still high - but not prohibitively so.  my point was that most of the folks that squeal that costs are high in upper tier tanks is due to most of the folks that think so are paying full repairs every single game, spamming premium, and on top of all of that simply average players (or worse)

 

as for premium time, it's also useful for grinding crews and tanks, and an annual amount of gold necessary to achieve same is less than most people spend on cell phone...  (assuming one isn't good enough or willing to participate in clanwars long ago, tourneys, and/or completing various tankrewards)

 

 

assuming you mean respawns, no thanks to it in tanks.  they tried it in domination mode and I honestly don't know anyone that liked it.

 

First of all... ouch... I consider myself just above average for having a win rate in tanks just over 50%, and i have usually done enough in battles to justify calling myself a Green in the guise of a yellow in terms of XVM speak.

 

Also, I think you're whacking around the bush of my point. I'm not whining that the prices are exorbitantly high - because they are about the same as in planes - im saying the earnings are poor in tanks across the board regardless of tier. Sure, its not noticeable in the low tiers, but it starts really showing up around tier 6-7, and on some lines as early as tier 5. I use consumables sure, but the standard obvious ones, and I hardly ever use premium ammo (in fact, i've only excessively used it with premium time up whenever i have had it).

 

I will restate that unless you have monstrous matches constantly in tanks, its really damn hard to make money at the rate a player can in planes - and with half as much frustration or strain to boot. I have a youtube video on my channel of one such "Monster" match in tanks, If you are particularly interested i will privately message you the link, but here were some of the results:

Damage Dealt: 4,517 + 606 assisted
Credits Earned (expenses included): 101,252
Hit Percent: 28/34 (82.35%)
XP earned: 2,147


I literally had to survive a 2 on 1 situation in a premium tank destroyer - one that was considered for the longest time to be in most regards OP (The Jigtig 88), but was power crept on to the point the devs of Tanks decided to boost its traverse speed by the time this battle happened - Against Two other TDs, and I barely managed by what i think was dumb luck, situational awareness, and quick reaction time.

 

As the results i put up show, I made 101K in that battle. Its the only battle I have had in world of tanks where I earned 100k+ credits in one sitting. This was also WITHOUT premium time.

 

In planes? I've made that much not once, but six times in the past three months, four of which were in planes below tier 6 - heck, one of them was in the F3F - and I dont even feel like i have to strain myself much at all to do it. In that WoT battle I swear I had an adrenaline rush going at the tail-end of it.

 

Again, read what you are even saying. You're mentioning all sorts of hoops players have to go through in world of tanks just to make near as much money as a player in world of warplanes can make by just pressing the 'battle' button enough times a day. You're making it sound like you have to dedicate yourself to the game to make money, versus warplanes and even warships where even a casual can make more credits in game more easily. Look at this from the perspective of a mere casual that gets on an plays maybe 5-10 battles on the weekdays, and 10-30 or so on the weekends, with a tight budget to boot, and tell me that again without second guessing.

 

I would also point out that in Warships, tier nine premium ships like the Missouri and Musashi can make millions in a single match. I am not aware of how much of a difference there is between a premium plane and a normal one in World of Warplanes, but Its not like I desperately need one for credits, I feel just fine with the planes I have. The difference between a premium tank and a standard one in WoT doesn't feel like much of a help unless you get some ungodly results from a battle like the one I used as an example.

 

I only went into clan wars in WoT a few times, and the experience was fairly poor, I've avoided it ever since.

 

You state there is an annual amount of gold neccessary, what if you'd rather use it to pile up free XP? I have been doing this with all of the gold I have gotten from missions in WoWP in the past two months. And i'm not in a position to just go out and buy a fistful of gold right now either. I've only been in that position twice, and I made sure to make the most of it.

 

I don't mean to sound like I am bashing you or anything, because I can tell based off your writing you mean well. I am just weighing in on your viewpoint.

 

To put it short: You might be right, but have you thought about how much of the WoT playerbase you exclude saying all this?



SonicPariah #32 Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:08 PM

    Community Manager

  • Administrator
  • 25 battles
  • 125
  • [WGATX] WGATX
  • Member since:
    05-22-2016

View PostThePigSheFlies, on 19 April 2018 - 02:48 AM, said:

... provided one is decent at the game in tanks, it's not as bad as those forum-goers like to suggest

 

This is true. None of the WG Economies are "Broken," rather some of them are skilled toward different values and pay out differently depending on the Tier and style of play.

 

View PostThePigSheFlies, on 19 April 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

assuming you mean respawns, no thanks to it in tanks.  they tried it in domination mode and I honestly don't know anyone that liked it.

 

Tanks re-spawning means getting your hideously slow Death Star back into place versus Planes re-spawning and taking the 20 Seconds to get back to the Airbase you just got shot down over. Different mechanics COMPLETELY!!! :)



NovaTempest #33 Posted Yesterday, 12:45 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1173 battles
  • 142
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

View PostSonicPariah, on 19 April 2018 - 10:08 PM, said:

Tanks re-spawning means getting your hideously slow Death Star back into place versus Planes re-spawning and taking the 20 Seconds to get back to the Airbase you just got shot down over. Different mechanics COMPLETELY!!! :)

 

I'd rather have multiple lives than rather get insta-murdered by artillery in a big bulky tank having done nothing. :sceptic:

Rico_CotC_ #34 Posted Yesterday, 01:22 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 539 battles
  • 505
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostNovaTempest, on 20 April 2018 - 12:45 AM, said:

 

I'd rather have multiple lives than rather get insta-murdered by artillery in a big bulky tank having done nothing. :sceptic:

 

Bingo.  I have been sniped so often playing WoT that I don't even bother any more.  I'd love to figure out how to grab a good place to ambush, but so far, I just get creamed.  LOL.

NovaTempest #35 Posted Yesterday, 01:27 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1173 battles
  • 142
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

View PostRico_CotC_, on 20 April 2018 - 01:22 AM, said:

 

Bingo.  I have been sniped so often playing WoT that I don't even bother any more.  I'd love to figure out how to grab a good place to ambush, but so far, I just get creamed.  LOL.

 

I've also been obliterated by getting hit by multiple tanks at once, or just clipped early at higher tiers, its not fun that way, kinda makes me wonder if just allowing players to respawn into the battle again would help like it did with this game. I think the game mode mentioned earlier failed because of its capture the flag aspect, not the whole re-spawning bit.

hoom #36 Posted Yesterday, 02:35 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 3110 battles
  • 516
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Block Quote

 assuming you mean respawns, no thanks to it in tanks

No I meant the 'daily' missions requiring play to be spread through the tiers 1-4, 5-7 & 8-10.


C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

pyantoryng #37 Posted Yesterday, 03:01 AM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1296 battles
  • 7,823
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostNovaTempest, on 20 April 2018 - 01:27 AM, said:

 

I've also been obliterated by getting hit by multiple tanks at once, or just clipped early at higher tiers, its not fun that way, kinda makes me wonder if just allowing players to respawn into the battle again would help like it did with this game. I think the game mode mentioned earlier failed because of its capture the flag aspect, not the whole re-spawning bit.

 

Planes' life expectancy is so low (like, you can easily get killed in less than 2 seconds by ONE plane) that it pretty much mandates respawn. Hardly any existing players liked it at first and that was one of the points of discontent towards 2.0...WG forced it through anyway and we are here, population number removed to conceal the true effect on population. Whether it turned out good or bad, I doubt even WG knows now.

 

 



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

LMG #38 Posted Yesterday, 04:38 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1402 battles
  • 1,054
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postpyantoryng, on 19 April 2018 - 10:01 PM, said:

Planes' life expectancy is so low (like, you can easily get killed in less than 2 seconds by ONE plane) that it pretty much mandates respawn. Hardly any existing players liked it at first and that was one of the points of discontent towards 2.0...WG forced it through anyway and we are here, population number removed to conceal the true effect on population. Whether it turned out good or bad, I doubt even WG knows now.

 

Well, not only did it bring me back, it kept me around :bajan:







Also tagged with Credits, XP, Earnings, Economy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users