The Economy of WoWP

Credits XP Earnings Economy

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

NovaTempest #1 Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2987 battles

Ever since I had a taste of the sort of earnings high tier aircraft can rake in, I've developed the opinion that compared to WoT and WoWS, WoWP has the most balanced - and arguably best designed - economy of the three titles. If the devs of WoWP could be pinned for doing anything amazing regarding this game, I would say it is the game's economy system.

Ironically its the sole reason I have for the most part left WoT to gather dust, that game's economy is the worst of the three by far. In contrast, WoWS's economy, while not bad, isnt structured as well as WoWP's. In this game, the higher tier you go, the bigger your earnings get; a Tier three that has a 14k personal point performance will never make more than a tier nine that has a 14k personal performance, for me, that encourages me to go down to those early tiers less. That means less seal-clubbing to extreme degrees.

One of the biggest differences between WoWP's economy, and the economies of WoT and WoWS, is that while the pricing in WoWP matches that of WoT, its very difficult to hemorrhage credits constantly at the high tiers. Unless of course you load universal ammo on a high tier aircraft, but honestly I've had no need for it.

In WoWS its easy to lose a large amount of money running tier 10 ships, and even in tier 9 there's a decent risk of losing some. In Warplanes, the most an average pilot could lose in one battle in a tier 9 alone - from my experience - would be 20k, and I've only had that happen twice. In WoT, its rather difficult to earn money in a tier 10, and one particular tank, the E100, is a black hole in terms of expenditures, losing close to 100K a battle just to run the tank is in my mind ludicrous, considering people who run it also have to load gold ammunition for its top gun because its AP doesn't do well enough for its tier for how inaccurate it can be.

Quite frankly I wish WoT would do more about their economy system, as not only credit earnings for that game, but even XP earnings are frustratingly poor. In fact, I have never been able to get a tier 10 in WoT without premium time. And I have four tier 10s in WoT. Even with premium tanks, the earnings are disappointing. How did the devs of WoT fix this? boosters... :facepalm:

They even went as far as to put them in the game shop... rather than just bring it up to the standards of WoWP, or even WoWS for that matter.

In the two other titles, a player like me - as long as i dont buy anything - could take just half a day on standard vehicles to earn roughly 1 million credits. With a mid-tier premium ship in WoWS i could make 1 million in less than 10 battles, thats three hours. To pull that same stunt in WoT, i'd have to use a premium tank, be running premium time, and be running credit boosters.

TL;DR on this rant: Thank you WoWP devs for being geniuses with the Economy system of this game, WoT should be following your example.

ExploratorOne #2 Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1657 battles
  • [LOU1] LOU1

The WOWP economy is nice.  I will say that it was a bit challenging until I got an A-26b in a Holiday Crate.  Thlife got better with my first 19-point Commandere 100k-150k per battle average definitely changed my in-game lifestyle.  in WOWs, life got better with my first 19-point Commander and a couple of reliable Premiums. WOT was always difficult for me to grind credits and Free XP, even in the mid tiers.

Good job, Devs!

SgtSchlautter #3 Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3588 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
I couldn't agree more. The ecconomy is very good in WoWP after 2.0.

LeastWeasel #4 Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:45 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 748 battles
Agreed! Came back after a long absence from WG games, and the economy is fantastic. The unthrottled income encourages all tiers of play, as well as facilitating experimentation with re-skilling and equipment loadouts - all of which add to the incentives to play, and will likely be a positive point for player retention.

YagabodooN #5 Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:10 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1775 battles

I used gold from missions and sign up bonuses and stuff to get the XFL for free, really helped me get the ball rolling. 

I still play it from time to time, fun little plane. 

Martymart1976 #6 Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4397 battles
  • [FK] FK
I'm sitting on 114 million silver and counting. I'm drowning in the stuff.  I wish I could transfer some to fellow clan mates or donate it to the clan treasury.  Yes, the economy is great!

I_QQ_4_U #7 Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:59 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2111 battles

As far as the health of the game goes the economy is broken. The reason you make little or no money at high tiers in WoT is to sell Premium time and tanks. It lets people play free at low tiers but if you want to play in the high tiers you either have to play well or pay. I've only been playing WoWP for a few months now and I have something like 50 million credits and I don't even think about spending them. Every plane has it's own equipment even though I can swap a lot of it out for free. In WoT I think have maybe one set of free swap equipment for each nation, I'm always waiting for sales to buy anything, I now transfer the free camos from tank to tank and I still struggle to keep a few million credits in the bank. I recently discovered universal ammo and now I use it exclusively and the only plane I've ever lost money with is the 190A5 because it sucks, has lots of cannons and I had a handful of really bad games in it.

It's great for players but not sure it's great for the game.

pyantoryng #8 Posted 13 April 2018 - 06:18 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1678 battles

The reason that WoWP can structure its economy like this...is because an incentive to play at all tier ranges is already there in the form of daily missions to accumulate tokens so there's no need to cap revenue to force players to go lower. Now they only need to add birthdays to encourage hoarding planes to sell all those premium planes (and the necessary slots for all the tech tree planes) and they are all set...

Keep in mind, that premium time is connected throughout the trilogy and gold/free EXP is linked between Tanks and Planes.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Izgoy0899 #9 Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:31 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 362 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 13 April 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

The reason that WoWP can structure its economy like this...is because an incentive to play at all tier ranges is already there in the form of daily missions to accumulate tokens so there's no need to cap revenue to force players to go lower. Now they only need to add birthdays to encourage hoarding planes to sell all those premium planes (and the necessary slots for all the tech tree planes) and they are all set...

Keep in mind, that premium time is connected throughout the trilogy and gold/free EXP is linked between Tanks and Planes.

Main reason I am trying to set NA as my main WG account, and Asia as my secondary for WoT.  American, but work in Vietnam right now.  I have the money to run accounts on 2 severs, but really it's a waste of money and resources for the most part.  Plus I have been annoyed with how SEA has ran that server since the X-mas gift box fiasco last December.  Followed by the recent T3 give away where you only needed 50 points, but top 10 in xp off a win.  Win condition marathons and XVM users are not a good combination for quality games. 

Edited by medoyehd, 13 April 2018 - 10:32 AM.

SpiritFoxMY #10 Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:39 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3113 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
SEA server was horrible back when I played Tanks. A wretched hive of noobs and aimbots.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

jack_wdw #11 Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:13 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1178 battles
The economy is one of the only things i like about 2.0 compared to it's older brother.
It's the only reason why i keep playing now and then , so i can earn silver.

A good game in the tierIII buffalo or tierV airabonita and i get +100k in silver, so maybe i can still buy those super expensive tierX planes (for which i never has sufficient fundings in the previous meta).

pyantoryng #12 Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:31 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1678 battles

View Postjack_wdw, on 13 April 2018 - 11:13 AM, said:

The economy is one of the only things i like about 2.0 compared to it's older brother.
It's the only reason why i keep playing now and then , so i can earn silver.

A good game in the tierIII buffalo or tierV airabonita and i get +100k in silver, so maybe i can still buy those super expensive tierX planes (for which i never has sufficient fundings in the previous meta).

Even in 1.9, one can earn money easily by running standard ammo and no consumables (or buy them on discount in bulk beforehand).

2.0 just makes it much easier to do so.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

General_Lee_Miserable #13 Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 317 battles
The only reason the economy is friendly in this game is because the game is struggling. If the game were successful, you'd see an economy that was more reliant upon people having premium accounts to make any credits. 

SonicPariah #14 Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:18 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone! I will let the Devs know about their good work on the economy.

We certainly tried hard to make sure the economy was balanced while still incentives remained in place to play all Tiers. Obviously, the better you play, the more you get. However, we did our best to make sure that playing was still fun for as many as possible.

CorvusCorvax #15 Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1952 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostSonicPariah, on 13 April 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone! I will let the Devs know about their good work on the economy.

We certainly tried hard to make sure the economy was balanced while still incentives remained in place to play all Tiers. Obviously, the better you play, the more you get. However, we did our best to make sure that playing was still fun for as many as possible.

It would be hard to justify flying at the higher tiers if it required real money to do so.  Cranking up over 100k silver per battle in tier 8 means that I can experiment with pilot skills, plane equipment/consumables, and buy planes which I would not have been able to get easily in 1.9 - which leads to more playing time.  If I were locked into flying the Bf-109F, for example, I might not want to fly as much.  More playing time means more humans in battles, which leads to more interesting matches, and potentially more real money over time from more WoWP players.  If it moves to a "must pay to win" model, play in the upper tiers would almost certainly drop off, leading to less overall real money for WG overall, IMO.

Izgoy0899 #16 Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 362 battles

View PostSonicPariah, on 13 April 2018 - 09:18 PM, said:

Just had a game in the La-11.  Decent game, but the wrong plane for the map.  2 airfields and 2 mining camps, vs the other human in a GA.  Needless to say it was a loss, but still made 190k off it. 

So it is nice to still be able to make some profit, even off a loss, to do things you need/want to do.  Which makes playing more fun and less of a chore.  Unlike WoT which just gets too be a huge grind at times. 

Edited by medoyehd, 13 April 2018 - 03:17 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #17 Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:41 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 4171 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

Tips on game economy:

If you are good enough, you can use universal ammo and still be profitable.  If you are average, switch to standard ammo.

Here are tips for efficient EXP and Credit grinding:

http://forum.worldof...233#entry731233

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

trikke #18 Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:43 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2531 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostGeneral_Lee_Miserable, on 13 April 2018 - 07:58 AM, said:

The only reason the economy is friendly in this game is because the game is struggling. If the game were successful, you'd see an economy that was more reliant upon people having premium accounts to make any credits. 

i'm not that good at most aspects of this game, but at least i don't have to grind that hard to reach planes i want

should it even be called grinding... if the planes you have to fly to get to the higher tier are just as much fun as higher tier planes?

we should think of another name

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

NovaTempest #19 Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2987 battles

View PostSonicPariah, on 13 April 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

I say you should ask the devs of WoWP to tell the devs of WoT to do a better job of their economy, only then would they get me back to playing WoT nearly as much as I do WoWP and WoWS.

Though if the silver system were connected between WoWP and WoT I wouldn't be complaining at all about WoT Economy, because I would just play WoWP to fix the problem. :D

SonicPariah #20 Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:15 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 427 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View Posttrikke, on 13 April 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

i'm not that good at most aspects of this game, but at least i don't have to grind that hard to reach planes i want

should it even be called grinding... if the planes you have to fly to get to the higher tier are just as much fun as higher tier planes?

we should think of another name

Gain-gliding? Fun-polization? Play-to-Profit?

Also tagged with Credits, XP, Earnings, Economy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users