Curtiss XF15C Setups, Gameplay & Plane Comparisons (video)

curtiss xf15c

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

ArrowZ_ #1 Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:48 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

Got this 2 part video for the XF15C showing how I set it up for the first few battles. Never flew it before and after this gameplay session I like it as a BnZ tier 8 premium. It's got a really nice boost-acceleration characteristic similar to the I-250 and has great energy fighting capabilities much like the P-51H. I found out the hard way in these videos that the XF15C struggles in turns lols... So going to take some time to get used to the BnZ playstyle again. Ofcourse If I play my P-80 and JL-1A-37 again it would take no time to get back on track with BnZ.

Compared some familiar aircrafts that are comparable to the XF15C at the end (part 2) that may help you gauge where this tier 8 premium fits in its Light Fighter role. Hope these videos have helped show what the XF15C is capable of!

Let me know down below your experiences of this aircraft with & against it. If you've acquired the XF15C share us your setups as well! How do you fly it? And I'll see you guys in the skies! :honoring:

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 12 April 2018 - 02:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2755 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

I try to treat it as an overgrown Corsair - find an isolated target, hit it and get out before help arrives. I run my standard Multirole config on it - Engine Tuning, Gunsight and Improved Radiators. The one difference is I tend to fight more in the vertical in this than horizontal - it has better altitude bands than the other MRs.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

FluffyPabu #3 Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:02 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5968 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
This plane is so cool! it is fast like a mustang and has cannons of a corsair! :great:

Edited by poisonousblood, 12 April 2018 - 09:03 AM.

ArrowZ_ #4 Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:36 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

View Postpoisonousblood, on 12 April 2018 - 06:32 PM, said:

This plane is so cool! it is fast like a mustang and has cannons of a corsair! :great:

Yea it is! I'm digging the T-tail design that's like the Javelin but smaller ofcourse. 

@SpiritFoxMY

Thx for sharing! I like to try different equipment setups so I'll have a go with yours. And the XF15C does display a dominance towards vertical maneuvers. 

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

FluffyPabu #5 Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:19 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5968 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostArrowZ_, on 12 April 2018 - 09:36 AM, said:

Yea it is! I'm digging the T-tail design that's like the Javelin but smaller ofcourse. 

@SpiritFoxMY

Thx for sharing! I like to try different equipment setups so I'll have a go with yours. And the XF15C does display a dominance towards vertical maneuvers. 

The camera angle needs to be changed a bit. The planes are too close to be honest and sometimes due to the huge tail-wings, I can't even see the crosshair and aim at targets. I don't own a Javelin yet, but I think it should have the similar issue. I don't know if others feel the same way.

ArrowZ_ #6 Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:44 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles
Yea I have that problem with the joystick especially pulling up. We had a FOV setting options when we had the customization option back in 1.9. Helped abit. But something to shift the camera angle down should fix this issue. Just up to them to add that into the customization options.

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users