To the Devs: Maybe we could Lend a hand?

WoWP Future Content Suggestions Volunteering Planes Community

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

NovaTempest #1 Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2865 battles

So I checked out the part 2 of the Developer QnA, in case you haven't seen Pariah's post on it, here it is:

http://blog.worldofw...per-qna-part-2/

I did react to some things in Pariah's post on the matter, but I wanted to make a seperate one for a specific bit that jumped out, and it is this:

Q: For WoT and WoWS, we’ve had an insight into what research is done to uncover blueprints, designs, and prototypes for various tanks and warships. For example, the tanks devs uncovered archived blueprints for tanks that nobody had heard of before. Are similar efforts undertaken for WoWP?

A: There’s a whole separate department in WoT that does this kind of research. We don’t have one currently, so no.

This honestly is not disappointing but sad to see to me, I feel sorry for the WoWP devs on this.

So if they are struggling to find some planes to make into lines or premium aircraft, instead of just throwing out a list of planes they could use to the rest of the community to discern over, Would it kill 'em for us to offer up a little Volunteer help for them?

I know that the devs dont exactly comb through everything on the forums and Im sure Pariah would have a pain of a time combing through every single one of the topics over the years that have been on this. So I ask this to Pariah directly:

Would the Devs/staff be open to creating a seperate 'Plane Recommendation' box/topic of sorts here on the forums?

I'm sure the other servers for this game would be all for it, considering there is a rather loyal player base here in NA, i would assume its the case for the game's other servers.

I also say this because it would be one less thing for the devs to worry about and it would save them time and money to put into other things. It would also save pariah and fellows like him in his position for other servers enormous amount of time for this sort of thing in terms of digging into the forums to bring up all the topics in the already stuffed 'suggestions' topic.

I know at least one dozen planes off the top of my head that the Dev's could look into, and of course the Devs would have the right to set up ground rules for the topic itself. [I.E. I only list planes that have an official wikipedia page on them of some sort, they could also require at least one picture of the aircraft, a historical picture or one of a model of it, ETC.]

This way, if and when WoWP does get a department like they mentioned the WoT team possessing, they will already have ground material to look over.

This sound good to anyone else?

Edited by NovaTempest, 11 April 2018 - 07:57 PM.

lunber54 #2 Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:04 PM

Senior Airman

• 3223 battles
  • [TWE] TWE
I actually would be all for this idea.  I have many books devoted to this kinda stuff and I also have access to a large amount of military aircraft books at my school. 

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #3 Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:24 PM

Captain

• 759 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I like your attitude 

faith...

it's so crazy it just might work

Good luck

:)

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

FlakValleyExpress #4 Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:05 PM

Captain

• 35 battles

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 11 April 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

I like your attitude 

faith...

it's so crazy it just might work

Good luck

:)

didn't we offer this up before? I do like the OP's faith, but I doubt the RU WoWP developers would follow up.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

NovaTempest #5 Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2865 battles

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 12 April 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

didn't we offer this up before? I do like the OP's faith, but I doubt the RU WoWP developers would follow up.

If it was offered up before its not like its a terrible idea to ask again, right? :amazed:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users