• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

SonicPariah #1 Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:11 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 112 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

Howdy all!

Recently we had a Q&A Session with our Developers. You asked and we answered! Here is the second part of the Answer Session!

In case you happened to miss the first part of the Answers, they can be found right here!

Check the answers out and see if your questions got answers!

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:13 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3240 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
Well you beat me to it...Nice.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #3 Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• 365 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

SonicPariah #4 Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:49 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 112 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 11 April 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

Well you beat me to it...Nice.

:D Glad to be of assistance!

NovaTempest #5 Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1299 battles

"As for the forced spawn of the aircraft at the start of the battle, we are considering an option for transferring control to a bot for the time when the player has not yet loaded or is in the process of reconnecting."

^-PRAISE THE SUN IF THEY ADD THIS.

"The defender bots have very limited AI compared to the regular ones. They don’t have complicated conditional mechanics for ramming that would consider when it’s justified or not. We will take a look at the statistics for bots ramming players and if it turns out to be much more aggressive than we expect, we will fix it."

^-The problem is heavy fighters - regardless of whether or not they are a defender bot or an Bot player - will do this far more often than any other class in the game, to the point of absurdity. My response would be to make it a little more risky for heavy fighters to do this and to make bots refrain from it unless in dire circumstances (say they are at 20% health or less).

"...The upcoming major patches will include numerous changes to audio and sound content improvements."

^-I hope that includes more diverse sounds, the Mk-108 cannon made a very distinct noise when it fired, so did the Mig-15's larger cannon. And I am fairly certain every single jet fighter's engines in the game right now didnt historically sound the same like they do.

Those are my reactions, but im going to start up another topic regarding another that jumped out to me... (Hopefully it catches Pariah's attention)

Bubba_Zanetti #6 Posted 12 April 2018 - 02:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1274 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Nothing’s changed or apparently ever going to change with this company.

From the Curtis XF15C blog:  guessing that should read 1946?

the Allis-Chalmers J-36 jet engine. The third prototype took flight in March 1936.

Nice to see this still hasn’t been fixed/updated since I first brought it up in 2015.

From Deafening Thunder: New US Aircraft blog:

Tier VI — Republic XP-44 Rocket

Tier VI — Republic P-47B Thunderbolt

hint, XP-44 is Tier V

forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/42410-wg-incompetence/           ^- Over two years awaiting moderation on the WOWP Blog.

“The sad truth is that the one thing around here is that we can always rely on is broken promises” - Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo

EZP_MRKARP #7 Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:11 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2465 battles
WHAT WITH THE INVISABLE BOTS?

SonicPariah #8 Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:22 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 112 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View PostEZP_MRKARP, on 12 April 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

That sounds like an issue with your current instance of the game, friend. Was this from after you tried the normal troubleshooting? If so, let me know and I will look into it!

ArrowZ_ #9 Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:36 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 635 battles

View PostEZP_MRKARP, on 13 April 2018 - 12:41 AM, said:

View PostSonicPariah, on 13 April 2018 - 01:52 AM, said:

That sounds like an issue with your current instance of the game, friend. Was this from after you tried the normal troubleshooting? If so, let me know and I will look into it!

Not just him. It happens on my battles as well and I can guess everyone is also seeing this. It's a bug that I think the developers aren't aware atm. Basically the bot's Aircraft model "vanish" from the screen during battle especially when you try to shoot them down. But what does remain is the HP bar and the name while they fly. It's like watching this HP bar/name floating around with no aircraft attached to it.

Edited by ArrowZ_, 13 April 2018 - 01:39 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

SonicPariah #10 Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:24 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 112 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View PostArrowZ_, on 13 April 2018 - 01:36 AM, said:

Not just him. It happens on my battles as well and I can guess everyone is also seeing this. It's a bug that I think the developers aren't aware atm. Basically the bot's Aircraft model "vanish" from the screen during battle especially when you try to shoot them down. But what does remain is the HP bar and the name while they fly. It's like watching this HP bar/name floating around with no aircraft attached to it.

Interesting. Personally, I have not experienced or heard of this, but will make sure we are aware of it and looking into it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users