• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

MacDaddyMatty #1 Posted 11 April 2018 - 02:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 474 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

;)

Hi Guys,

I'm a slightly burned out tanker (too many Tier 10 WoT grinds) who got the $1 Spitfire and dabbles in WoWP now. I have quite a bit of air-to-air style combat games under my belt (X-Wing, MIG Alley, etc), so the initial learning curve has been relative easy I believe.

I'm glad I discovered WoWP (despite taking 2+ min from pressing battle till I get to shoot stuff) as I do enjoy dogfighting.

My question...

I really do not care about stats, or win/lose.

I do try to win - always - but am not phased if we don't.

Often I don't even check the after-battle screen, but when I do I'm doing better than most of the bots. But, as I have this annoying conscious, I also don't want to be a drag of the few humans that are playing, and do care about such things.

So I thought I'd ask ya all to look at my stats and let me know;

Am I carrying my weight? Or

am I a terrible burden to my fellow meat-bags?

Thanks and o7!

Edited by MacDaddyMatty, 12 April 2018 - 12:25 AM.

▌▌ clanDDAY.com  ▌▌

A bunch of WoT players who occasionally get shot up by bots in WoWP:

▌▌  WoWP Clan   ▌▌

CorvusCorvax #2 Posted 11 April 2018 - 02:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1352 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

Are you having fun?  Good enough.  Don't worry about your human team mates, they'll get over your occasional potato battles.  As you get better, you'll be the one who will have to "get over it".  :)

What time of day/day of the weeks do you normally play?  Those of us who are here can join in a flight with you and help you rack up some silver and pilot points.

Blucraft #3 Posted 11 April 2018 - 02:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1351 battles

We haven't gotten to the stat crazy phase "yet" ( and hopefully never will).  IMO, it's "O.K." to just want to play the game and enjoy it.  That's pretty much how I play it.

-Blu

Edited by Blucraft, 11 April 2018 - 02:44 PM.

pyantoryng #4 Posted 11 April 2018 - 02:51 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1614 battles

Planes take more reflex than Tanks or Ships...keep flying and accumulate flight hour and that's where you start to get better...or statistics start to even out.

You are still in the early statistics stage that is yet malleable. Don't fret over it just yet.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

SonicPariah #5 Posted 11 April 2018 - 02:57 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 422 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX
Play through the planes and get used to the different styles. Then start worrying about stats! :)

MacDaddyMatty #6 Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 474 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostSonicPariah, on 11 April 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

Play through the planes and get used to the different styles. Then start worrying about stats! :)

View Postpyantoryng, on 11 April 2018 - 02:51 PM, said:

Planes take more reflex than Tanks or Ships...keep flying and accumulate flight hour and that's where you start to get better...or statistics start to even out.

You are still in the early statistics stage that is yet malleable. Don't fret over it just yet.

View PostRico_CotC_, on 11 April 2018 - 02:42 PM, said:

Are you having fun?  Good enough.  Don't worry about your human team mates, they'll get over your occasional potato battles.  As you get better, you'll be the one who will have to "get over it".  :)

What time of day/day of the weeks do you normally play?  Those of us who are here can join in a flight with you and help you rack up some silver and pilot points.

No-no,

I COULD NOT CARE LESS about stats.

I am having fun, and I am working for the win.

I was simply curious as to of I'm pulling my weight.

(last night 3 battles had 4 kills in my ME 109TL, 16 kills in my tier 2 german something, and 8 kills in my P-40.

That seems pretty good...

I usually play for an hr or so between 5-11PM EST.

I'll be happy to fly with anyone and we have a warplanes rm in our Team Speak, if ya swing that way.

Hi Blu!

▌▌ clanDDAY.com  ▌▌

▌▌  WoWP Clan   ▌▌

POORBOY #7 Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:12 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1569 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Since you're new, I have to warn you. If someone yells at you in the middle of a match for being a noob, it's easy to apologize because you're new and you don't know what you're doing.

Resist this.

I had a player shout at me for being stupid for not trying to capture a mining plant.

With a light fighter.

Using machine guns.

This player had over three thousand battles played and he was upset that I wasn't effectively banging my head against a wall for a whole game.

Thus, if you want to learn how to be an effective player, I'd suggest befriending and flighting with good, experienced players. They're really the best teachers and they'll tell you everything you need to know. The most satisfaction I get out of Warplanes is putting my all into matches, and knowing that I've contributed the most that I can. Whether I win or lose, I just want to know I've done my best. And, like you, I have this nagging feeling at the back of my mind: "What if I could have done better?" And that's what drives me to play more, and learn more. So never lose that attitude and you'll have the time of your life.

See you in the skies!

gobblegobble

Gobling.

CorvusCorvax #8 Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1352 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on 11 April 2018 - 03:05 PM, said:

I usually play for an hr or so between 5-11PM EST.

I'll be happy to fly with anyone and we have a warplanes rm in our Team Speak, if ya swing that way.

I am in the Pacific time zone, and that works out to 1400-2000HRS Pacific time.  I usually don't get home from work until 1700HRS Pacific, but I'll be glad to look you up.

MacDaddyMatty #9 Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 474 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostRico_CotC_, on 11 April 2018 - 03:12 PM, said:

I am in the Pacific time zone, and that works out to 1400-2000HRS Pacific time.  I usually don't get home from work until 1700HRS Pacific, but I'll be glad to look you up.

Cool!

▌▌ clanDDAY.com  ▌▌

▌▌  WoWP Clan   ▌▌

MacDaddyMatty #10 Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 474 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostPOORBOY, on 11 April 2018 - 03:12 PM, said:

Since you're new, I have to warn you. If someone yells at you in the middle of a match for being a noob, it's easy to apologize because you're new and you don't know what you're doing.

Resist this.

I had a player shout at me for being stupid for not trying to capture a mining plant.

With a light fighter.

Using machine guns.

This player had over three thousand battles played and he was upset that I wasn't effectively banging my head against a wall for a whole game.

Thus, if you want to learn how to be an effective player, I'd suggest befriending and flighting with good, experienced players. They're really the best teachers and they'll tell you everything you need to know. The most satisfaction I get out of Warplanes is putting my all into matches, and knowing that I've contributed the most that I can. Whether I win or lose, I just want to know I've done my best. And, like you, I have this nagging feeling at the back of my mind: "What if I could have done better?" And that's what drives me to play more, and learn more. So never lose that attitude and you'll have the time of your life.

See you in the skies!

No worries.

I have 25k+ battles in WoTanks.

Chat rage doesn't even raise an eyebrow.

;)

▌▌ clanDDAY.com  ▌▌

▌▌  WoWP Clan   ▌▌

Edward_Thache #11 Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:33 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1185 battles

Am I carrying my weight? Or

am I a terrible burden to my fellow meat-bags?

Thanks and o7!

MacDaddyMatty:

Get more experience and grind up the lines.  You have quite a few premium planes and it's not easy to play against some of the more experienced players much less the bots at the upper tiers if you haven't worked your way up.  Just like in WoT and WoWS it pays to play a certain type of aircraft for a few missions, take a break and fly a different type.  If I go from a fighter to an attack plane I guarantee you I'll crash several times while I adjust to the difference in flight models.  Seriously, focus and grind and you'll get more out of those premiums.  Set your own goals and heck with the stats.  Let me know how it goes.

mav214 #12 Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:30 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 401 battles

View PostSonicPariah, on 11 April 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

Amen to that......I sold off my Blenheim, because I sucked flying it.....simply could not resist the urge to get into knifefights I guess.  Instead I started flying the FW 57 because I'm working on getting the Tier I - III decorations.......I think I'm getting there finally.  No longer trying to turn with my targets......light them up from a distance, blast through the furball, climb away with boost, turn around, and repeat.  Enjoying the Heavy much more, so bought back the Blenheim, lol.  Hopefully the first Lightning is played similarly, as I'm going to buy that one this weekend!

SpiritFoxMY #13 Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2496 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
Personally I just say if you make 8k PP in a match, you've pulled your weight in a team situation. Everything else is tactics and luck.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

El_Mulo #14 Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8452 battles
Mac:

I don t care about stas AT ALL, but I want to win for various and different reasons:
      1.  Satisfaction of winning
      2. The time is THE more valuable thing you got.
      3. I like to make daily missions and usually it comes with a "A battle counts only if you wins".

So I support on your careless about stats but prefer you in the red team.  :)
What we say to death?

MARS_REVENANT #15 Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:53 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3715 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

I'd say you are average for a new player.  Having a new player in a high tier isn't very useful, which is evident in you 109TL with 4 kills.

I know you don't care about stats, but as you continue to improve, you will see your numbers rise. As long as you are not specifically trying to inflate your stats with game exploits, then your stats are a good indicator of how well you are doing and how much you are contributing in battle.

If you are concerned about doing well and contributing, think of it this way, in your example you did well in tier 2.  Can you do the same at tier 3? Y or N?. If Y move to tier 4.  Can you do just as well?  Once you are able to perform at the same(high) level across any tier you choose, you know you are contributing to the team and the win.

Also, be careful who you listen to, you might end up copying someone else's mistakes.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 11 April 2018 - 05:58 PM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

wscarter007 #16 Posted 11 April 2018 - 06:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3988 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
Games online mean so many things to each person. Some love stats, seeing themselves at the top. Others play just to play never giving thought about win ratios.  Any way you play they game is solely up to the individual.  A game is just that a game if its not fun playing it then it's time to move to one that does. 

MacDaddyMatty #17 Posted 11 April 2018 - 06:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 474 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostEl_Mulo, on 11 April 2018 - 05:48 PM, said:

Mac:

I don t care about stas AT ALL, but I want to win for various and different reasons:
      1.  Satisfaction of winning
      2. The time is THE more valuable thing you got.
      3. I like to make daily missions and usually it comes with a "A battle counts only if you wins".

So I support on your careless about stats but prefer you in the red team.  :)

Its a little frustrating that no one actually seems to read what is in the post.

(That's not true, a few did)

Block Quote

I really do not care about stats, or win/lose.

I do try to win - always - but am not phased if we don't.

Often I don't even check the after-battle screen, but when I do I'm doing better than most of the bots. But, as I have this annoying conscious, I also don't want to be a drag of the few humans that are playing, and do care about such things.

Edited by MacDaddyMatty, 11 April 2018 - 06:59 PM.

▌▌ clanDDAY.com  ▌▌

▌▌  WoWP Clan   ▌▌

MacDaddyMatty #18 Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 474 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 11 April 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

Personally I just say if you make 8k PP in a match, you've pulled your weight in a team situation. Everything else is tactics and luck.

THAT is what I'm looking for.

Thank you.

+1

▌▌ clanDDAY.com  ▌▌

▌▌  WoWP Clan   ▌▌

MacDaddyMatty #19 Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 474 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 11 April 2018 - 05:53 PM, said:

I'd say you are average for a new player.  Having a new player in a high tier isn't very useful, which is evident in you 109TL with 4 kills.

I know you don't care about stats, but as you continue to improve, you will see your numbers rise. As long as you are not specifically trying to inflate your stats with game exploits, then your stats are a good indicator of how well you are doing and how much you are contributing in battle.

If you are concerned about doing well and contributing, think of it this way, in your example you did well in tier 2.  Can you do the same at tier 3? Y or N?. If Y move to tier 4.  Can you do just as well?  Once you are able to perform at the same(high) level across any tier you choose, you know you are contributing to the team and the win.

Also, be careful who you listen to, you might end up copying someone else's mistakes.

Good post!

thanks.

+1

▌▌ clanDDAY.com  ▌▌

▌▌  WoWP Clan   ▌▌

Martymart1976 #20 Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3638 battles
  • [FK] FK
Couldn't handle all the wn8, xvm with tanks so I came here.  Thanks to all the great pilots who have flown with and against me and shown me how to have a good time again!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users