Four years before...this worth gold. Now, a piece of WoWP's history gone by

crossword puzzle past

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

pyantoryng #1 Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:51 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1296 battles

Almost four years ago, I was probing the forums at 2AM, when this popped up.

Spoiler

I went down to it right away then I sent it. According to the done piece's metadata, I finished it in 34 minutes.

What caught me by surprise was, I indeed sent it in first, and that got me a good chunk of gold. Probably the only time I've won any contests outright during my tenure in WG's crazy world.

I wonder if it can still be done now without the context of those times...a lot of stuff in there has already been phased out and/or done with already...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

NovaTempest #2 Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1180 battles
Man, talk about an odd way to earn gold... :D

pyantoryng #3 Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:11 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1296 battles

View PostNovaTempest, on 10 April 2018 - 06:53 PM, said:

Man, talk about an odd way to earn gold... :D

Planes was barely six months old then...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

DrSinister #4 Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:54 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 95 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I won gold with Halloween Event back 2014, with this (drawing or a skin of plane qualify for the event):
https://imgur.com/a/YrNsF

There was a lot of events that was Creative in nature back in the old days.  I won enough event gold back then to get me 6 months free premium and still had left over for other things.

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #5 Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL
Warships still runs these, but once they began to allow napkin drawings, MS Paint doodles, or Lego construction and the like while awarding wins to obvious ''rather marginal'' entries participation dropped off significantly.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

mnbv_fockewulfe #6 Posted 11 April 2018 - 01:22 AM

First Lieutenant

• 231 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Planes had 4 main updates in 6 months! :ohmy:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

comtedumas #7 Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:17 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3891 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostDrSinister, on 10 April 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

I won gold with Halloween Event back 2014, with this (drawing or a skin of plane qualify for the event):

There was a lot of events that was Creative in nature back in the old days.  I won enough event gold back then to get me 6 months free premium and still had left over for other things.

That would look awesome on the bigger wings of the IL series GA.  

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #8 Posted Yesterday, 12:40 AM

First Lieutenant

• 348 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostDrSinister, on 10 April 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

that was cool...

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Also tagged with crossword, puzzle, past

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users