Last Weekend's Final Push For My XF15C (video)

XF15C Operation Westwall BV P.210

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

ArrowZ_ #1 Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:16 PM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 432 battles

Probably the 10th post today about acquiring the event's T8 premium heh. I made one unhappy camper due to my client-sided rockets :trollface:

I reached my goal in getting atleast 1 of the 2 premium aircrafts in this month long missions grind. I'm happy with this result and only having spent about $11 on certificates to complete all 15 missions for the XF15C - I'd say that's a steal!

It definitely proved to be a frustrating and challenging grind. In the video I did mention about the small few of you guys who accomplished all 30 missions without spending any certificates so practically getting 2 t8 premiums for free! Post down below how you did it! I really would like to know! In my circumstance I only had 1 day during the weekend each week to tackle these missions and had some help with flights from my 1.x buddies (thx guys!) which have definitely helped push through the invasion missions which was the biggest brick wall imo.

For everyone else, how did you guys get through the missions? Did you get close to getting atleast 1 of the planes? Did you spend any certificates? Share your experiences down below! And I'll see you all in the skies! :honoring:

Edited by ArrowZ_, 10 April 2018 - 02:20 PM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

pyantoryng #2 Posted 10 April 2018 - 04:03 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1296 battles

I did technically get both planes for free because the 15 certificates I spent for XF15C air defense mission I got from top 100 reward. The rest I did the hard way.

Although I do have a lot of time on my hand...and luck.

Shamelessly...I did the final missions on tier 4 during early hours when humans are few...

Invasion air kill missions were best done on tier 10, farming GA all day long...IL-20 with Captain Lityakova behind its controls goes a long way in ground missions in all phases... Rocket mission was done in Starfire, as I deemed the BV215 as trying way too hard and is only leading me to failure.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

SpiritFoxMY #3 Posted 10 April 2018 - 04:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1325 battles

Spent about 118 certs total out of 216 I bought right at the start. I got both planes out of it by the second Attrition week and was on a rather loose end this last weekend to be honest. I could have held on and saved maybe 20 - 30 additional certs but I figured screw it, I have all these certs and nothing else to spend em' on so I'll just blow em' right here.

Some of the missions were surprisingly easy - not being a ground attack pilot, I didn't realize that 5 - 10k ground attack damage was so piddling that it could be accomplished on an [edited]-whooping loss. Some missions were a chore (kill 10000PP worth of ADFs - that took me a weekend and a half and I nearly threw my monitor at the wall.) and some missions were just hilarious (5 rocket kills, 8500PP in a single battle with no deaths). I benefitted a lot from favorable matchmaking on the first week of Invasion (Defence 70% of the time) and a lucky gaming schedule (in my timezone, I ended up flying tier 9 - 10 missions with maybe one opponent if I was lucky) which allowed me to complete most of my Do335 missions without fuss. 

I kinda figured that the early missions unaffiliated to either mode were most easily completed with honors during Attrition so I spent some time on first Attrition completing the starting set of missions for the XF15C since by then I knew I could get both planes for less than the amount of Certs I'd bought. So I started on the XF15C missions and blew through them in a single night on Attrition.

For almost the entire time, I flew my B.V.212.03. That plane allowed me to hammer out mission after mission, especially during the first week when Invasion Bots were dumber and players were still unfamiliar: I'd scream in at treetop level and unload my entire arsenal of rockets into one of their GAAs and speed off to shoot at something else. I had one of my most exciting dogfights ever during the first Invasion week on the Attacking team against two equal tier and one higher tier opponent (B.V.212.03, Ki-162-1 and F-86). That one I'll remember for a long time both because I took on all three of them at once and not only shot them all down but survived the entire battle without a respawn. When I started Westwall, my 212.05 was barely three days old with two kill chevrons. It is now the only plane in my hanger with 5 kill chevrons. Love this plane to bits.

Overall I had great fun with both modes. Apart from a nasty experience this last weekend from a certain g-man, Westwall was a great event in my book. I do hope the next one will be a bit more inclusive, though. Westwall at times felt miserly with the more casual crowd.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

NovaTempest #4 Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1180 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 10 April 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

Spent about 118 certs total out of 216 I bought right at the start. I got both planes out of it by the second Attrition week and was on a rather loose end this last weekend to be honest. I could have held on and saved maybe 20 - 30 additional certs but I figured screw it, I have all these certs and nothing else to spend em' on so I'll just blow em' right here.

Some of the missions were surprisingly easy - not being a ground attack pilot, I didn't realize that 5 - 10k ground attack damage was so piddling that it could be accomplished on an [edited]-whooping loss. Some missions were a chore (kill 10000PP worth of ADFs - that took me a weekend and a half and I nearly threw my monitor at the wall.) and some missions were just hilarious (5 rocket kills, 8500PP in a single battle with no deaths). I benefitted a lot from favorable matchmaking on the first week of Invasion (Defence 70% of the time) and a lucky gaming schedule (in my timezone, I ended up flying tier 9 - 10 missions with maybe one opponent if I was lucky) which allowed me to complete most of my Do335 missions without fuss. 

I kinda figured that the early missions unaffiliated to either mode were most easily completed with honors during Attrition so I spent some time on first Attrition completing the starting set of missions for the XF15C since by then I knew I could get both planes for less than the amount of Certs I'd bought. So I started on the XF15C missions and blew through them in a single night on Attrition.

For almost the entire time, I flew my B.V.212.03. That plane allowed me to hammer out mission after mission, especially during the first week when Invasion Bots were dumber and players were still unfamiliar: I'd scream in at treetop level and unload my entire arsenal of rockets into one of their GAAs and speed off to shoot at something else. I had one of my most exciting dogfights ever during the first Invasion week on the Attacking team against two equal tier and one higher tier opponent (B.V.212.03, Ki-162-1 and F-86). That one I'll remember for a long time both because I took on all three of them at once and not only shot them all down but survived the entire battle without a respawn. When I started Westwall, my 212.05 was barely three days old with two kill chevrons. It is now the only plane in my hanger with 5 kill chevrons. Love this plane to bits.

Overall I had great fun with both modes. Apart from a nasty experience this last weekend from a certain g-man, Westwall was a great event in my book. I do hope the next one will be a bit more inclusive, though. Westwall at times felt miserly with the more casual crowd.

Im still irked they added the leaderboard system 2-3 weeks after the event started. Had it come when westwall started, I would likely have my hands on the XF15C at the very least. But instead I wound up with neither plane, after having completed 10 of the 15 missions for the XF15C with distinction. Hopefully the next event has a more consistent difficulty, as some of the missions were stupid hard or tedious, even with the variety of planes i now have.

Edited by NovaTempest, 10 April 2018 - 07:11 PM.

Zigfreid #5 Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4532 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Did all but two missions got 50 certificate bundle for $19.99.

Now the owner of two new shiny tier 8 premium planes. <O

BuffaloTime #6 Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:14 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2917 battles
  • [3MNKY] 3MNKY

View PostZigfreid, on 10 April 2018 - 03:33 PM, said:

Did all but two missions got 50 certificate bundle for $19.99.

Now the owner of two new shiny tier 8 premium planes. <O

​Same here. 

Fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark and brother, it's starting to rain.

Zigfreid #7 Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4532 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
:great:LOL Hey Buff your fighter looks top heavy how does she perform?

Edited by Zigfreid, 10 April 2018 - 11:27 PM.

ArrowZ_ #8 Posted 11 April 2018 - 12:10 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 432 battles
Good stuff. Thanks for sharing guys!

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

BuffaloTime #9 Posted 11 April 2018 - 12:39 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2917 battles
  • [3MNKY] 3MNKY

View PostZigfreid, on 10 April 2018 - 06:26 PM, said:

:great:LOL Hey Buff your fighter looks top heavy how does she perform?

​Have not flown either in battle. Took to training room to get screenshot. Afraid to scratch the paint.

Fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark and brother, it's starting to rain.

Perco_lator #10 Posted 11 April 2018 - 12:57 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 11 battles
That unhappy dude you rocketed like 3 times, it's not like you to not rub it in Arrow. You going soft or sumpfin?

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

ArrowZ_ #11 Posted 11 April 2018 - 02:38 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 432 battles

View PostPerco_lator, on 11 April 2018 - 10:27 AM, said:

That unhappy dude you rocketed like 3 times, it's not like you to not rub it in Arrow. You going soft or sumpfin?

I think I am...

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users