Can I mount FW190 A-8 with rockets??

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

sam1414m #1 Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:32 AM

Airman Basic

• 602 battles

Hello

Recently, I bought FW 190 A-8 plane. In description it says it mounted with 6 bombs and rockets, unfortunately I did and tried all possible ways to mount it with rocket but no succeed!!!

or what mentioned in description is misleading info. Um really disappointed with that.

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1944 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

The "6" under the "Bombs & Rockets" section is the RATING, not the actual number. The A-8 only carries one 250kg bomb which is rated as a "6" in terms of firepower; meaning it's pretty much the most powerful German bomb in game but the A-8 only carries one.

The Dora is a better plane. The A-8 is one of the worst premiums around tbh as its weaker than the Dora in every way and only slightly better at ground attack than the tier 6 A-5. 

Next time, refer to the WoWp database for the actual loadouts before you buy.

https://worldofwarpl....com/warplanes/

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 09 April 2018 - 01:53 AM.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

sam1414m #3 Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:40 AM

Airman Basic

• 602 battles

actually, I made some studies and researches before buying that A-8 comparing to price and my budget, what made me buy it is the fire power and attitude.

Anyway, thanks for the info that I haven't known before. Um not sure if those people of this game hide these informations intentionally or make it hard to know before buy it.

LMG #4 Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1641 battles

View Postsam1414m, on 08 April 2018 - 09:40 PM, said:

actually, I made some studies and researches before buying that A-8 comparing to price and my budget, what made me buy it is the fire power and attitude.

Anyway, thanks for the info that I haven't known before. Um not sure if those people of this game hide these informations intentionally or make it hard to know before buy it.

There's a dissonance between what the players consider useful information and what the developers think they should show us, so we can't tell for sure. At least the Encyclopedia on the World of Warplanes site shows more detailed information, including exact stat values with decimals and a comparison tool to see what each aircraft has over the other :sceptic:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

SpiritFoxMY #5 Posted 09 April 2018 - 03:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1944 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postsam1414m, on 09 April 2018 - 02:40 AM, said:

No worries: you aren't the first person to make this mistake. Sorry about the plane - you can check around the forums for some guides and advice in future. No shortage of people wanting to chip in :p

Welcome to the forums! Good luck and see you in the skies. :honoring:

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 09 April 2018 - 03:08 AM.

sam1414m #6 Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:52 PM

Airman Basic

• 602 battles
Thanks guys. So if I want to buy another plane (I love attack planes that mount rockets ) what is your advise! 

soydivision #7 Posted 09 April 2018 - 03:07 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 599 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

It's not a popular premium by any means.  Pick your targets and angles carefully--you want to meet people 1) head on or 2) unaware.  Use boost to keep yourself flying fast while you make your pass + egress.  You want to stretch people out horizontally as much as is feasible.  Don't be the first into the fray, because you don't have the agility to escape from any unplanned opponents.

Don't bother with the ordnance as you don't get enough of it to be effective and it will just tempt you into shooting at ground targets.   This plane would actually be pretty good at making passes on enemy GA.

SpiritFoxMY #8 Posted 09 April 2018 - 04:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1944 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postsam1414m, on 09 April 2018 - 02:52 PM, said:

Thanks guys. So if I want to buy another plane (I love attack planes that mount rockets ) what is your advise! 

Well, to be honest I recommend you play around a bit on the main tech trees to see what sort of airplane you enjoy. There're some really nice rocket-slinging multiroles in the tech trees you don't have to pay a cent for other than taking the time to learn the game and the mechanics. The American Republic multirole line has rockets out its wazoo although its also one of the hardest tech lines to play in the mid-tiers. The payoff is the ability to sling massive Tiny Tim antiship rockets and smaller rows of FFARs at your targets. Same goes for the German multiroles which are hard to play but pay off handsomely at tiers 8 and 9 with the B.V.210 and 212.03. All three B.Vs sling air-to-air rockets in the form of racks of R4Ms, with the final B.V.215.02 packing 4 x WGr.42 heavy rockets and 56 x R4Ms, firing in volleys of 8 apiece.

If you want to talk about Premiums, you're a lot more limited in rocket-power (ignoring the actual rocket-powered interceptor).

The Premium Chinese tier 8 Ground Attacker, the IL-10M carries four air to ground rockets as well as four 100kg bombs. It isn't a very good ground attacker but its surprisingly capable at duelling with low-flying heavy and multirole fighters thanks to its incredible (for a Ground Attack Airplane at least) maneuverability. 

The Me 109TL tier 8 German premium packs the same ordnance as the Dora - 2 x WGr.42 heavy rockets and 1 x 250kg bomb. Its a decently capable multirole - really good speed, okay-ish maneuverability, formidable firepower. It's a low altitude hit-and-run airplane which can outmaneuver Ground Attack airplanes and Heavy Fighters but little else.

At tier 6 you get the Chinese Mosquito. Its essentially a slightly nerfed British tier 6 Heavy Fighter - a little slower, a little less maneuverable and a little less sprightly in a climb. It packs 8 x RP-3 ground attack rockets in addition to two 500lb bombs. Its a useful low altitude strike fighter and interceptor, its quad 20mms and quad 7.7mms will shred other Ground Attack airplanes. But like all Heavy Fighters, if a light fighter catches you, you're done.

Down at tier 5 you have the IL-2 (mod.) Soviet Premium Ground Attack. Its basically the in-tree IL-2 with a gunner strapped to the back of the cockpit. 8 heavy ground attack rockets and 4 50kg bombs. Its a decent ground attack airplane but don't expect too much from the gunner. Its only one guy with a light machine gun strapped to a hastily cut out hole at the back, with no armor or even a proper gunner's chair. Doesn't get the 37mms of the in-tree IL-2.

There's also the P-40 M-105 multirole version of the American P-40. This Soviet variant trades off a fair amount of speed and, most of all altitude, over the US tech tree P-40 for the ability to sling four light ground attack rockets that... frankly don't do much. This plane is another one considered a turd by the community. Don't waste your money here.

And... that's basically it for the premium rocket-slingers. If you want early game rockets, play the Soviet multirole line - they get a bunch of light rockets to shoot up to tier V before they trade them in for giant derp guns and bombs. Midgame you have the American and British Heavies from tier 5 to 8 and the British multiroles from tier 4 to 6.

And as noted the top-tier rocket jockeys are the German Blohm und Voss line and the American Republic line. Both are considered very challenging to fly.

Now... if I were to recommend a premium for a rookie (ignoring the rockets), I'd point to the Spitfire V DB605 as the best bang for your buck. Because its a Spitfire, and Spitfires are... to put it mildly... "The Meta" right now. Its a really good premium for air-to-air combat. A cheaper, lower tier option is the Arado Ar 197. It carries four light bombs, has massive firepower for its tier and is very maneuverable. Its another great premium to pick up.

Of the rocket-wielding bunch, I would suggest trying out the Chinese Mosquito. Tier 6 isn't TOO high for a new player so you can rack up some experience there and the Mosquito isn't bad. The only problem is that there is no Chinese tech tree beyond the premiums so you can't really use it as a pilot trainer. The other alternative is the IL-2 (mod.). You can use that to train your Soviet crews for the tech tree while rocketing ground targets. Just remember that you're going to be prime target for any fighters drifting around.

LMG #9 Posted 09 April 2018 - 04:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1641 battles

View Postsam1414m, on 09 April 2018 - 09:52 AM, said:

Depends if you want to fire those rockets at aircraft or ground targets. If you're looking for anti-ground rockets, the soviet GAA line is the best choice. Otherwise, check out the german and american multirole lines

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

sam1414m #10 Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:03 AM

Airman Basic

• 602 battles
Thanks again for all your suggestions. I still confused, but I will make my research as per your recommendation before buy any. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users