Bad_Wulf #1 Posted 07 April 2018 - 03:42 PM

Senior Airman

• 2365 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Is there a place that lists things such as:

• The time to overheat guns,
  • Time for them to cool,
  • Some measure of boost strength
    • It seams some planes get more acceleration from thier boost than others of the same class & tier.
  • Reload time for bombs and rockets
  • Amount of health ground target have
    • I believe the higher the tier the more health, but how much?

After focusing first on German HFs, then the BF109 line, I have now found I really like the Thunderbolt line. Well, actually the Tier 5 Rocket. Its two 500lb bombs are capable of taking out an AA emplacement with one bomb as opposed to the two needed with the 250lb bombs all the other multi-role planes have. I'm winning a lot with it by always pressing caps like a GA, and avoiding the hair ball in the mid.

Then I moved into the tier 6 Thunderbolt and have a handful or rockets to boot. Better, right? Not really. The bombs became less consistent with taking out an AA battery with one bomb, and the bombs take longer to reload.

Now I'm on the tier 7 and the bombs hardly ever take out an AA battery, and the bombs and rockets are taking much longer to reload.

The line is getting weaker as I move up. Even with using the rockets to finish off the ground targets, I still have to take more time, by taking more passes. This of course exposes myself to deference planes more often to actually destroy the target, making me less effective at flipping caps.

Since I am still looking for my tier 8 (I don't plan on taking any line to tier 10, just want to be able to do the dailies) I want to judge if the tier 8 in this line will again be weaker then the tier 7.

lunber54 #2 Posted 07 April 2018 - 03:55 PM

Senior Airman

• 3223 battles
  • [TWE] TWE

The XF5U (Pancake) is arguably the best plane in the game.  It is my favorite aircraft in my hanger and I thoroughly enjoy playing it.  The cannons on the beast destroy bombers and ground pounders in seconds, and a focused fighter gets chopped up like sushi if it doesn't maneuver.  She handles like a dream and is fast as most jets.  She turn very well.  This is one plane you'll keep forever.  

SpiritFoxMY #3 Posted 07 April 2018 - 05:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2932 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Pancake isn't in the Thunderbolt line, though.

The weapons aren't becoming weaker - the buildings are becoming stronger. I don't know how people can play this line :/ I'm not keen on putting myself through the pain - though the tier 9 and 10 are pretty decent

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Reitousair #4 Posted 07 April 2018 - 05:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7007 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

To answer your questions:

(pretty much all of this is only available on datamining sites that I don't know where to locate)

Yup, ground targets DO gain health every tier you go up making the same armaments inferior tier-for-tier. I think the health increase per tier is ~5%ish?

It's also possible to see exact ground target health numbers, but you have to get so close and it's so hard to see that only GA have any chance of seeing them. AA guns get roughly ~2500 health at tier 8 I think.

Keep in mind though, a bombs blast radius comes into play here, just because your bombs can do 4k damage to a 2.5k HP target doesn't mean you will kill it unless your bomb hits everything evenly, in earlier tiers it doesn't matter much but in later tiers precision bombing is a skill that needs to be learned to maximize efficiency of payload usage.

Still, tier-for-tier, the XP-72 isn't much different to the P-47N. It's a seriously mean machine in speed and acceleration because it gets a very powerful, long boost (20s if I recall) and the M3 .50 cals can put in some hurt, especially when most things will struggle to get away in a straight line. However, payload-wise, yeah it's inferior tier-for-tier than the P-47N, I would STRONGLY recommend getting Demolition Expert if you haven't already it makes the margin of error MUCH wider when using your payload and can help you save a bit against smaller targets.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

YagabodooN #5 Posted 07 April 2018 - 06:26 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1775 battles
Based on my experiments, Boost efficiency is largely based on engine power, which is why the engine tuning and engine guru skills make it better.

trikke #6 Posted 08 April 2018 - 02:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2398 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostReitousair, on 07 April 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

To answer your questions:

(pretty much all of this is only available on datamining sites that I don't know where to locate)

i'd love to find some kind of information like this...  pm me if you come across one, please?
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

LeastWeasel #7 Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:19 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 748 battles

View PostYagabodooN, on 07 April 2018 - 01:26 PM, said:

Based on my experiments, Boost efficiency is largely based on engine power, which is why the engine tuning and engine guru skills make it better.

I’ve been looking in to this too, and as a general rule of thumb, it seems like to you can compare horsepower within a tier to get a general idea of who has the best acceleration under boost - although I am guessing factors like the hidden horsepower/thrust-to-weight ratio factor in to it. Would love to see that stat, if not just a straight “acceleration” stat that doesn’t involve thumbing through half-a-dozen engine tabs.

mnbv_fockewulfe #8 Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:34 PM

Captain

• 253 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

If persha reveals too much math

you could math models of how planes would fight each other

and would be the coolest thing to have a spreadsheet of

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

LMG #9 Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2233 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 17 April 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

If persha reveals too much math

you could math models of how planes would fight each other

and would be the coolest thing to have a spreadsheet of

I already made a general idea of that for the planes I fly. Tornado can turn with almost anything and boost away from japanese aircraft, though Spitfires can be troublesome (slower than a Spitfire V if using ordnance). F4U-1 Corsair can turn with heavy fighters, Thunderbolts and Fw 190s, it  can run away from almost everything else on level flight except Mustangs (Tornadoes can give chase too), and it shouldn't dive if being chased by Mustangs or Bf 109s. GAAs are easier to keep track of

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users