The entire operation.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Werebadger #1 Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:00 PM

Airman Basic

• 608 battles

Is a bunch of bull. I mean it's neat in theory, but the breaking it up to then have two days to do the other portion.... And for the love of all things that exist, could you not require additional tasks to be completed? World of Tanks doesn't NEED you to fulfill the secondary tasks. Then you do this bullcrap. Wargaming, YOU are the bug in the game. YOU ARE IN ERROR. Find your G-D soul and be better people. This is getting ridiculous. A digital item in your game you ever seriously charge more than maybe ten dollars for? You're lucky that your "get people pissed at the unfair advantages not allowing them to enjoy the game so they buy gold" strategy may be successful ... But did any single one of you ever have a voice inside you saying "Hmmm maybe this is unnecessary and we could still get rich with reasonable priced purchases? I mean at the end of the day we are humans too. I wouldn't want that kind of extremely criminal greed to be part of my own gaming experiences." You know? Did anyone stand up and say F you thats evil? The "cut-throat" world of business only gets so corrupt as it is because of horrid soulless decisions in the name of greed. We all live on the same planet, think of the bigger picture for once. It's so freaking lonely NOT giving up on morality amidst society these days. And I don't really care that this isn't the proper damn place to post this. This post more than likely has NO pre-defined category anyway. Let's call it "Humanity could be great". And put it right up at the top. And you come out with how you truly have been completely greedy and awful people to the very fans of your product. I mean what kind of crap is that?? All over the world people are falsely believing that you give a single sh!t about them for playing your game, and really you're lying to EVERY SINGLE one of them? That's got to be eating SOME of your employees spirits away right? Does anyone working for wargaming ever admit to themselves how  theyre being unfair the fans that give you any reason to have a house and food in the fridge and clothes for their children? Weren't you at one point a few people, broke, starving and still loving games and game design enough to keep plugging away at getting your company off the ground? What have you become? WHY do you not have vicious nightmares that drench your daily life with insomnia and self-loathing? I feel awful when I accidentally step on my cat's tail. Kind of feels like you might be people that would make it a point to run over peoples dogs and laugh when you see the missing posters around the neighborhood.

Wargaming you are Unjust and Heartless. Quite an evil portrayal youve placed upon yourselves. 

The_Wild_Weasel #2 Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:19 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1167 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

Pro tip:  Use Paragraphs.

"wall of text" and "ramble" was difficult to actually understand what you are trying to convey.

2nd Pro tip: Find another game, this one is raising your blood pressure.

bjorn1984 #3 Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1735 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
:popcorn:

wscarter007 #4 Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:01 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2534 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
While it's incredibly hard to read his post without paragraphs, he does have a good point that achieving the new planes is a massive undertaking.  In the end its clear to see its designed that way to try to get you to buy your way to the new planes. 

MARS_REVENANT #5 Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:12 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 2960 battles

View Postwscarter007, on 05 April 2018 - 09:01 AM, said:

While it's incredibly hard to read his post without paragraphs, he does have a good point that achieving the new planes is a massive undertaking.  In the end its clear to see its designed that way to try to get you to buy your way to the new planes. 

Some people completed the missions after the first 2 weekends.  I completed them in 4 weekends.  The missions last for 6 weekends.  They have also created a way to earn certificates to bypass the missions just by playing.

These are tier 8 planes.  They missions are just right for the reward.  The missions themselves are not hard, but it may take several attempts to complete, so they are more of a grind than difficult.

WG is a business, they are here to make $ and keep the game going.  Don't think of this as your right to get free prizes from  a company, think of this as the planes being for sale for $, and they are nice enough to give everyone several opportunities to either get them for free, or at least to get them at a huge discount.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Jack_Pelter_The_Chicken #6 Posted 05 April 2018 - 03:04 PM

Master Sergeant

• 116 battles

View PostSlappedbyPatton, on 05 April 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

Pro tip:  Use Paragraphs.

"wall of text" and "ramble" was difficult to actually understand what you are trying to convey.

2nd Pro tip: Find another game, this one is raising your blood pressure.

this is a forum,not an English lesson,picking up on grammar mistakes, I think is very rude and disrespectful.

the post must of taken a lot of time effort

we are not all educated to such a high standard as yourself.

before you ask ,yes I left school at 16 and went straight into the army, that's my excuse!

Edited by Jack_Pelter_The_Chicken, 05 April 2018 - 03:09 PM.

The_Wild_Weasel #7 Posted 05 April 2018 - 04:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1167 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

Fine sir ,i salute your military experience....

however, I also share a military background  in Armour with a rank of OF-1 (Lieutenant) Reserve now.

But some times "persons" fail to accept or differentiate between "criticism", and "constructive criticism"

but on a less than serious note, people get too bent out of shape playing a simple game, and from my point of view its a "I want/expect it now" culture, and lets hand out "participation medals" for everything.

Have a good day, and meet you in sky :) 

Edited by SlappedbyPatton, 05 April 2018 - 04:08 PM.

PostTraumatic #8 Posted 05 April 2018 - 04:20 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1300 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

It was not that hard if you tried...

wscarter007 #9 Posted 05 April 2018 - 04:24 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2534 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 05 April 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

Some people completed the missions after the first 2 weekends.  I completed them in 4 weekends.  The missions last for 6 weekends.  They have also created a way to earn certificates to bypass the missions just by playing.

These are tier 8 planes.  They missions are just right for the reward.  The missions themselves are not hard, but it may take several attempts to complete, so they are more of a grind than difficult.

WG is a business, they are here to make $ and keep the game going.  Don't think of this as your right to get free prizes from  a company, think of this as the planes being for sale for $, and they are nice enough to give everyone several opportunities to either get them for free, or at least to get them at a huge discount.

I agree every game of this type has events geared to make money its a business after all.  Not all people have the time to put in to get them since it's only during the weekend. I've seen this many times over the years.  What everyone needs to remember is it is a elective not a forced requirement to get these planes.  The world won't end by not owning one. 

nwlxn12 #10 Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 05 April 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

Maybe WG should put out a disclaimer that reads:  "No need to try to complete this event (without paying) unless you are as good as Mars_Revenant" or maybe "We at WG only intend the top 5, 10, 15, or whatever % to have a chance at completing the missions unless they spend money"  Lets be honest, if WG wanted to make it so everyone could complete the missions, they would have restructured some of them.  Anyone that does not have a wide selection of planes to choose from may also find completing some of the missions, down right impossible if they don't have the ideal plane for the job.

Not trying to start an argument with you, just saying WG does not intend for everyone to complete the missions as you kind of indicate in your WG is a business statement.

blackmustang5 #11 Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:43 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1299 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

I have been able to play a couple days all of the weekends and expect i will have to buy 100 or so coupons to finish up both planes.

Depending on how much time i can put in this weekend of course.

A real bargain for two tier 8 premium fighters in my opinion.

I don't mind putting money into a game i enjoy and have fun playing.

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #12 Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

Block Quote

money

That has kind of been an issue with this event since the very first weekend; more than a few folks are in fact competing task requirements yet aren't getting credited through bugs WG can't, and don't seem interested, in fixing.

What amount of money is acceptable to hand over to a company that seems so determined to have it's entire cake plus extra regardless of any good faith effort on the part of the various server communities.

And it hasn't been just this event, it's every single event Wargaming runs for this title no matter the method of ''earning'', allowed manner of extension (if any), or tier of reward.

Plus, at least so far, the server hasn't crashed on one of these weekends but has been grossly unstable during the weeks between - is or is not WG going to compensate anyone for being unable to play?

We'll all have to see whether or not the company drops (or tries to anyways....) an overall fix this last weekend or keeps choosing to handle the inevitable butthurt they generate via the support ticket route, if even that.

View Postwscarter007, on 05 April 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

What everyone needs to remember is it is a elective not a forced requirement to get these planes. 

The world won't end by not owning one. 

The French VB-10 heavy, which was the additional task reward of the ''Warplanes 3rd Anniversary'' event (where tokens couldn't be used) run back at the end of November '16, was in the shop by what, next October?

Although, to be somewhat fair, there was no deal on those assists/certificates back then even though it was unannounced beforehand that tokens would no longer be usable to bypass tasks during the event.

The costs per even a single ''mission assist'' were not too far off the current [20x] bundle, and the five bundle cost almost what the [50x] does atm; although as best I can recall the assists per task cost was a bit lower.

Unfortunately the DI-6i hasn't translated well into 2.0, and almost the only time I see one in-game is as the tier III air defense ''heavy'', but even that plane had some rather steep task requirements.

All the bugs during the Pacific Threat event (September '16), along with the often inane yet still just as buggy Third Anniversary event, prompted me to quit WoWP until the next Fall and skip Albion this Spring anyways.

View Postblackmustang5, on 05 April 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

expect i will have to buy 100 or so coupons to finish up both planes.

Part of the problems folks are having with this event is that after server reset Monday, even though a mode was still ''active'', all they could do was buy certificates which then couldn't be redeemed to complete tasks.

And given WG's response to the whole bugged mission(s) bundled with certain planes over the past month, involving gold, I for one find that a rather worrying development.

Has anything changed since the Albion and Pacific Threat ''Axis & Allies'' events and the associated, bugged, twenty-four hour missions to get planes? ...it sure doesn't seem so.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 06 April 2018 - 02:44 AM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

ClosedCoffin #13 Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:04 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2018 battles
  • [MRCS] MRCS

.. But did any single one of you ever have a voice inside you saying "Hmmm maybe this is unnecessary and we could still get rich with reasonable priced purchases? I mean at the end of the day we are humans too. I wouldn't want that kind of extremely criminal greed to be part of my own gaming experiences."

It's possible very very few of them have any say in the bottom line.

They probably get an income quota from some Oligarch and are told to make it happen or find a new job.

MARS_REVENANT #14 Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:05 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 2960 battles

View PostSoylent_Red_Isnt_People, on 05 April 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

That has kind of been an issue with this event since the very first weekend; more than a few folks are in fact competing task requirements yet aren't getting credited through bugs WG can't, and don't seem interested, in fixing.

What amount of money is acceptable to hand over to a company that seems so determined to have it's entire cake plus extra regardless of any good faith effort on the part of the various server communities.

And it hasn't been just this event, it's every single event Wargaming runs for this title no matter the method of ''earning'', allowed manner of extension (if any), or tier of reward.

Plus, at least so far, the server hasn't crashed on one of these weekends but has been grossly unstable during the weeks between - WG is going to compensate anyone for being unable to play?

I think they have responded to any of the bugs that are preventing people from receiving the planes.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

MARS_REVENANT #15 Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:16 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 2960 battles

View Postnwlxn12, on 05 April 2018 - 12:39 PM, said:

Maybe WG should put out a disclaimer that reads:  "No need to try to complete this event (without paying) unless you are as good as Mars_Revenant" or maybe "We at WG only intend the top 5, 10, 15, or whatever % to have a chance at completing the missions unless they spend money"  Lets be honest, if WG wanted to make it so everyone could complete the missions, they would have restructured some of them.  Anyone that does not have a wide selection of planes to choose from may also find completing some of the missions, down right impossible if they don't have the ideal plane for the job.

Not trying to start an argument with you, just saying WG does not intend for everyone to complete the missions as you kind of indicate in your WG is a business statement.

I didn't say WG intended for everyone to have the planes, I said everyone that puts in the effort can earn the planes for free.  People that cant or don't want to can purchase them.  Giving everything away for free would literally end the game.  The missions are the correct amount of difficulty/length of grind for 2 Tier 8 planes.  There have been several low tier premium planes given away in the past for much less work.

WG's intention is most likely to make $.  They have given us the opportunity to get them of free or at a discount.

Also, not everyone has to be as good as me.  Like I said, some people ended up getting the planes before me.  And I got them abut half way through with plenty of time left.  So... again, for anyone that can and wants to put in the effort, the planes are free.  If you can put in part effort, they are available at a discount.  They are also available for purchase at full price.

MelBrooks #16 Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 7 battles
WG has been very consistent in warplanes on this very topic. The higher the tier of the aircraft or greater " perceived value or rarity ', the more complex and difficult the grind will be to achieve that plane for free. It's been about the only thing they have been consistent on in this game.

MARS_REVENANT #17 Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:36 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 2960 battles

View PostMelBrooks, on 05 April 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

WG has been very consistent in warplanes on this very topic. The higher the tier of the aircraft or greater " perceived value or rarity ', the more complex and difficult the grind will be to achieve that plane for free. It's been about the only thing they have been consistent on in this game.

If anything these missions just require more time than skill.  Each individual mission isn't difficult, but some just take finding the right battle to achieve, so maybe it takes 10 or 15 battles to complete something even though that specific mission is completed in 1 single battle.  Time consuming and sometimes frustrating yes. Difficult? no.  That coupled with the Leader board event, makes it clearn to me anywayn that WG's intention is to get more people playing more games.

ExploratorOne #18 Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1614 battles
  • [LOU1] LOU1

This makes me think of all the threads on the three titles that complain about WG making it too easy for people to get tier 8 planes,ships/tanks.  These are full of talk about making a "skill wall" or placing tier/level restrictions on who can earn and/or play them.  Now there is an operation that requires a certain amount of skill and perseverance and you get threads with the opposite sentiment - it is too difficult.

In my case, I currently don't quite have the skills to finish all of the missions with distinction.  I want to earn the planes because they represent a goal to be achieved.  On the other hand, when I think about buying the 50-70 certificates I will need, I realize that I would not be very good in them or help my team with them very much right now.  I also would not enjoy getting shot up when I played them.  Personally and only in terms of myself, I feel that if I was good enough to fly them effectively, I would be good enough to earn them.

Edited by ExploratorOne, 11 April 2018 - 03:54 AM.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #19 Posted 06 April 2018 - 03:08 AM

First Lieutenant

• 348 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

silly

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Barake #20 Posted 06 April 2018 - 04:46 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 591 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 05 April 2018 - 07:05 PM, said:

I think they have responded to any of the bugs that are preventing people from receiving the planes.

I submitted tickets about not being able to buy out the last mission and get the DO335.  That was 3 weeks ago and all they tell is the Devs are working on it.  Was there an answer on the Forum I missed?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users