More bombers?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

comtedumas #1 Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:01 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 5074 battles
  • [FK] FK
have the developers hinted when they are bringing out any more new bombers or bomber tech trees since about January?  Also any more word on that enhanced Stuka line that was in their blog a couple of months ago?  

Sassover #2 Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 172 battles

LOL.

Yeah, and they promised clan wars & end game content back in early 2014. Wonder how that's coming along...LOL.

comtedumas #3 Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:39 PM

• 5074 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostSassover, on 04 April 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

LOL.

Yeah, and they promised clan wars & end game content back in early 2014. Wonder how that's coming along...LOL.

they have moved on from the failed 1.x WOWP.  Got any recent info?  

LMG #4 Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2003 battles

I think at some point a soviet bomber line was mentioned. Aside of that, we already have an in-game model of a B-17 on display in the hangar; it's been there a while now :bajan:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

comtedumas #5 Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:41 PM

• 5074 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostLMG, on 04 April 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

I think at some point a soviet bomber line was mentioned. Aside of that, we already have an in-game model of a B-17 on display in the hangar; it's been there a while now :bajan:

it’s also used in a bomber flight I think, so it shouldnt be a huge problem to get it in game.  

Edited by comtedumas, 04 April 2018 - 06:41 PM.

nwlxn12 #6 Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles

View Postcomtedumas, on 04 April 2018 - 12:39 PM, said:

I don't have any recent info, but I do have a question.  At what point in time does 2.0 get to be considered a failure?

Furysghost #7 Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3561 battles

Hey Comte

Dug up some dev blog info for you to peruse.....enjoy

From 2017 Q&A...

Q: When will bomber branches be added and to what nations?

At the moment, we are working on three bomber branches. Every one of them has unique features and gameplay styles. Very soon you will see three lower to mid-tier medium bombers from Germany, in particular, the Do 17Z and Ju 88. Higher tier machines will appear in later updates. Another branch that we are working on is for Soviet medium bombers codenamed “Pe-2 branch”. And finally (and, probably, most exciting for our NA players) — there are plans to add the largest and heaviest bombers that ever existed - the Flying Fortresses.

Q: When will we see branches containing planes from Hawker or Grumman?

The Hawker branch will make its first appearance before the winter holidays and will include the legendary Hurricane. The second part of the branch, including the almighty Tempest, will come in later updates. The lineup is going to be quite interesting.

Q: Any plans to add more nation tech trees? Italy? Romania? More French planes? Or even add these to existing trees like the Australian planes in the UK tree?

I can’t say anything about full trees, but separate aircraft from other nations aside from those we currently have are probable.

Q: Will the Sh-Tandem from the Beta ever return!?

Yes, it will.

From 2018 Q&A..

Q. Can you give us any more information about what planes may make up the later tiers of the Hawker multirole & German bomber lines?

A. The Hawker branch will include the legendary Typhoon and some more advanced modifications of this fighter. The high-tier German bombers branch will include Junkers projects with some very remarkable experimental aircraft that boast impressive speed and powerful bomb loads. Both branches are planned for release this year.

Q. For bombers, are we generally only going to see medium bombers or will heavy bombers such as the B-17 and Avro Lancaster make an appearance?

A. Heavy bombers are quite unique machines – they offer complex gameplay that requires a large scope of game design solutions to be implemented in the game. But obviously we can’t just ignore such iconic aircraft! During the first part of implementation this year, we will be introducing several USA mid-tier heavy bombers (modifications of the B-17 in particular). Heavy bombers of other nations are also planned and are currently going through historical analysis.

Q. Are there any plans to add the US naval bombers or a GA line for the US and/or UK?

A. Not for 2018. There are plans for the USA B-series bombers.

Q. What are the rough plans for 2018? Could we see more lines than just the new British MRF or German medium bombers, or even new nations?

A. There will be lots of new airplanes in 2018 for almost all classes and for the UK, Germany, the USA, the USSR and Japan. In addition, we even have plans for one for France and one for another European nation, but those are still under discussion.

Q. The A-20 Havoc, B-26, and B-25: will they be tossed into the mix?

A. Not in 2018.

Q. Are there any plans to introduce "especially special" equipment, like improved equipment in WoT that is only available for bonds, or alternative pieces from WoWS that are rewarded for ranked battles?

A. We have plans to extend the ways to modify aircraft, including “special equipment” received in a “special way”. We know this is vague, but rest assured that it is not that far away and we will update you with details as soon as possible.

Q. Any plans to expand on pilot skills and rework some of the others? There are skills that just aren't useful in the slightest.

A. The aforementioned feature will include not only aircraft modification, but pilot skill progression as well. They will be reworked.

Q. Can we have bombs on the Stuka?

A. The current Stuka modification in the game has no airbrakes. Thus it will not get bombs. We have plans to add a whole sub branch of Stuka dive bombers later this year.

Edited by Furysghost, 04 April 2018 - 07:45 PM.

NorthernPorter #8 Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 1583 battles

View Postnwlxn12, on 04 April 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

I don't have any recent info, but I do have a question.  At what point in time does 2.0 get to be considered a failure?

When they roll out 1.0 Redux!

comtedumas #9 Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:48 PM

• 5074 battles
  • [FK] FK

3.0 at the earliest.  

comtedumas #10 Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:51 PM

• 5074 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostNorthernPorter, on 04 April 2018 - 02:43 PM, said:

When they roll out 1.0 Redux!

I doubt you should hold your breath for that to happen.  

NorthernPorter #11 Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 1583 battles

View Postcomtedumas, on 04 April 2018 - 02:51 PM, said:

I doubt you should hold your breath for that to happen.  

Ha, yeah for sure, certainly not going to do that. To be honest, I'd be upset if they did. I like what we have with 2.0, it could use improvement in some areas, but I'm having more fun with it than I did before.

I would like to see bombs on the Stuka too, kind of feels like a bit of a cop out for WG to say they didn't put bombs on because the current model doesn't have dive brakes on it. Excited to see a B-17 join the in game line up though! That'll be cool!

CorvusCorvax #12 Posted 04 April 2018 - 10:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1470 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Postcomtedumas, on 04 April 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

3.0 at the earliest.  

OK, I laughed out loud.

It would be great to get a very fast German bomber.  Much faster than the RB-17, capable of higher altitude, but with a lighter bombload.  Only the most high-altitude fighters could reach it, and even then, they'd have to plot an intercept.  No stooging around at mid-altitude and then some lazy climb to shoot the thing down.

mnbv_fockewulfe #13 Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:17 PM

Captain

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostRico_CotC_, on 04 April 2018 - 10:54 PM, said:

OK, I laughed out loud.

It would be great to get a very fast German bomber.  Much faster than the RB-17, capable of higher altitude, but with a lighter bombload.  Only the most high-altitude fighters could reach it, and even then, they'd have to plot an intercept.  No stooging around at mid-altitude and then some lazy climb to shoot the thing down.

You clearly don't understand how altitude mechanics work.

The only way for a bomber you are describing to survive would be to have a substantially higher altitude cap than any other LF or HF in the game (a white rang maxing at 3,500m). As it is, cruising at medium alt (2,000m), you can zoom climb up to 4,000m before stalling out (T7 and above can do this). The only way for a bomber like you describe to survive would have to be for it to have a cruise speed of 400km/h plus (and therefore be invincable). 

WG forbid such an aircraft following real life trends exist! Don't you know all combat is supposed to occur at low alt? How's ever heard of potential energy and boost management?    

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #14 Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:32 AM

Captain

• 675 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

maybe when he says Beetlejuice three times in the forum before anyone else post a topic

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

CorvusCorvax #15 Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1470 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 04 April 2018 - 11:17 PM, said:

You clearly don't understand how altitude mechanics work.

The only way for a bomber you are describing to survive would be to have a substantially higher altitude cap than any other LF or HF in the game (a white rang maxing at 3,500m). As it is, cruising at medium alt (2,000m), you can zoom climb up to 4,000m before stalling out (T7 and above can do this). The only way for a bomber like you describe to survive would have to be for it to have a cruise speed of 400km/h plus (and therefore be invincable). 

WG forbid such an aircraft following real life trends exist! Don't you know all combat is supposed to occur at low alt? How's ever heard of potential energy and boost management?    

Clearly!  :)

Yes, it's a dream to have a fast jet bomber that you'd actually have to think hard about trying to get after.  No such thing as "oh, I see a bomber way over there, I guess if I use some light boost and give it a 90-degree deflection shot, I can go back to my mid-altitude BnZ stuff."

It would have to have a 4500m ceiling, and still be fast at that altitude.  At least 450kph.  Not invincible, but really hard to get after.  The RB-17 is fast and tough, but even in my n00b hands, the Do-335 can make short work of the bot-powered ones, and only take slightly longer to knock off a human-piloted one.   The German Schnellbomber should be faster and have a higher ceiling, with less defensive armament and a smaller bombload.

Sassover #16 Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 172 battles

View Postcomtedumas, on 04 April 2018 - 12:39 PM, said:

No, I don't. But maybe the Community Manager does...oh wait, no, nevermind...this game doesn't have a community manager anymore. LOL.

Edited by Sassover, 05 April 2018 - 07:19 PM.

comtedumas #17 Posted 05 April 2018 - 04:32 PM

• 5074 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostSassover, on 05 April 2018 - 08:58 AM, said:

No, I don't. But maybe the Community Manager does...oh wait, no, nevermind...this game doesn't have community manager anymore. LOL.

I haven’t seen hm lately,  up there was a new guy who introduced himself about a month or two ago.  

_A_3_ #18 Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:17 PM

Master Sergeant

• 56 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postcomtedumas, on 04 April 2018 - 06:39 PM, said:

and have created yet another fail that hasn't come close to its earlier success

SgtSchlautter #19 Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3573 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
In all fairness, we do have german bombers from tier 4-6. I can't imagine that is the entire line they had planned. We will probably soon see tier 7-10 for the German Bombers and also tiers 7-10 for the British multirole line

CorvusCorvax #20 Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1470 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostSgtSchlautter, on 05 April 2018 - 09:12 PM, said:

In all fairness, we do have german bombers from tier 4-6. I can't imagine that is the entire line they had planned. We will probably soon see tier 7-10 for the German Bombers and also tiers 7-10 for the British multirole line

And, if the rumors are to be believed, some lower-tier Russian bombers as well.  Potentially an American bomber line to include the B-25 and B-17?  Maybe they are test them out to see about game balance?

OK, maybe not.  But the British multirole tree is interesting, for sure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users