Early Me-262 grind play.

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

CorvusCorvax #41 Posted 27 July 2018 - 10:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1486 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostMadJackChurchil, on 26 July 2018 - 09:35 PM, said:

To do a bit of resurrection of discussion (if someone wants to resurrect the personal attacks, let me know), one observation. The Rocketeer skills with Me262 makes quite a difference. Before that skill the rockets were essentially useless. Now, well, head-on against the Me262 has turned from very bad idea into an extremely bad idea. And well behaving bombers and GAA (those who do not turn when I get on their tail) are not happy either.

Btw, 'irony' is the stuff do you with shirts before the job interview, right?

Interviews at fast food restaurants can be made in your cleanest Iron Maiden t-shirt.

I have thought about Rocketeer a couple of times.  The R4Ms are good for head-to-head passes, but are weak on bombers unless you get hit with the full spread.  I like using engine skills buffs, just because the "zoom" part is really important.  Shoot and run.  Call down to the pilot house to give you elevators.  Recover used boost while climbing.  Finish pulling your half-loop  and gain a bit more altitude.  Set up for your next attack.

MadJackChurchil #42 Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:14 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1275 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 27 July 2018 - 10:24 PM, said:

Interviews at fast food restaurants can be made in your cleanest Iron Maiden t-shirt.

I have thought about Rocketeer a couple of times.  The R4Ms are good for head-to-head passes, but are weak on bombers unless you get hit with the full spread.  I like using engine skills buffs, just because the "zoom" part is really important.  Shoot and run.  Call down to the pilot house to give you elevators.  Recover used boost while climbing.  Finish pulling your half-loop  and gain a bit more altitude.  Set up for your next attack.

I was thinking about it. Have the engine skill and gun skill at lvl 1 so far. The reason why I went for for rocketeer was mostly I had 2 skill points and the next engine upgarde was 3. But you are right that the rockets are not that useful on bombers or GAA. For me its mostly a solution to "I have an idiot head-on and my guns are overhearted." and for that it works really well.

MadJackChurchil #43 Posted 31 July 2018 - 01:07 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1275 battles
  • [FK] FK
Just a question, with the WOWP WoW system, what module do you use for guns? I went for long barrels, but occasionally I find the burst reduction a bit painful...

CorvusCorvax #44 Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1486 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostMadJackChurchil, on 31 July 2018 - 01:07 AM, said:

Just a question, with the WOWP WoW system, what module do you use for guns? I went for long barrels, but occasionally I find the burst reduction a bit painful...

The accuracy and range increase seemed like a reasonable trade-off.  But you are correct - you have to not hold the button down.  You really do have to give quick bursts.

MadJackChurchil #45 Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:41 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1275 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 31 July 2018 - 03:06 AM, said:

The accuracy and range increase seemed like a reasonable trade-off.  But you are correct - you have to not hold the button down.  You really do have to give quick bursts.

Agree. The problem I have is that sometimes in head-on against a HF (or when chasing bomber) I need to unload as much payload as I can, and sometimes I go red before finishing the plane (rockets can sometimes compensate in head-ons, though).

That's why I was interested if someone experimented with that increased-cadence module (the increased burst length probably does not work for this plane).

CorvusCorvax #46 Posted 31 July 2018 - 04:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1486 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostMadJackChurchil, on 31 July 2018 - 03:41 AM, said:

Agree. The problem I have is that sometimes in head-on against a HF (or when chasing bomber) I need to unload as much payload as I can, and sometimes I go red before finishing the plane (rockets can sometimes compensate in head-ons, though).

That's why I was interested if someone experimented with that increased-cadence module (the increased burst length probably does not work for this plane).

That's one of the reasons I carry rockets - for the head-on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users