Game telling me Invasion Mode over, 12+ hour before it was.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Buncey #1 Posted 02 April 2018 - 08:20 PM

Senior Airman

• 2923 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

So I logged in tonight (I'm in Australia, so it was for me) and my Hanger is telling me that the 'Invasion Mode' has finished for the weekend, and that 'Attrition Mode' was starting in 113ish hours.

I was sure when I logged out the previous night, there was still over 24 hours to go. I clicked on the Operation Westwall button, to see where I'd finished and sure enough it said Attack Starts in 4 days 17ish hours.

So I was bummed, I'd manage to dropped out of the Top 100. So logged out and went and played World of Tanks for a few hours. (SEA Server)

I logged back into WoWP some 6 odd hours later, and started playing low tiers. I figured now Invasion is over, I'll grind out some new planes.

Another few hours goes bye, and someone in the clan asked how long until 'Invasion Mode' finishes? I said it's over, and 'Attrition Mode' starts in a bit over 105 hours time. Then someone else said no, it's still going for 4 and a bit hours. My screen was still telling me it was over, so I logged out and back in. Still the same, changed planes nothing. Went back to planes above Tier 4, and sure as Shite the battle result says Rating has improved...........Needless to say I was filthy. When I logged out the previous day I was in the top 25, next I'm outside the top 100, only to find I'd wasted over 12 hours playing WoT and low tier planes, instead of improving my rank.

To add insult to this, I was unable to change missions because the game was telling me I couldn't do 'Invasion' missions, as it was over and 'Attrition' was starting in 4 days time.

In the end I got back to 86th, would I have finished in the top 10? In all honesty it's probably doubtful, but I wasn't given the chance to find out.

But to then not be able to try and complete 'Invasion' missions was just pathetic. I got screwed on 12 hours of improving my Rank, and 12 hours of completing missions.

Which means I will have to purchase certificates if I want to get both planes, as I won't get another chance to do 'Invasion' missions.

Imgur link to Screen Shot of my Garage taken at 1:42am Australian East Coast Time, showing 'Attrition Mode' starting in 105 hours, 17 min.

http://https://i.imgur.com/rRt4wwz.jpg

pyantoryng #2 Posted 02 April 2018 - 08:46 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1670 battles
Invasion has end as of now...for some reason the timer got drunk - the one in the leaderboard is the correct one.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #3 Posted 03 April 2018 - 04:58 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

View PostBuncey, on 02 April 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

So I logged in tonight (I'm in Australia, so it was for me) and my Hanger is telling me that the 'Invasion Mode' has finished for the weekend, and that 'Attrition Mode' was starting in 113ish hours.

I was sure when I logged out the previous night, there was still over 24 hours to go. I clicked on the Operation Westwall button, to see where I'd finished and sure enough it said Attack Starts in 4 days 17ish hours.

To add insult to this, I was unable to change missions because the game was telling me I couldn't do 'Invasion' missions, as it was over and 'Attrition' was starting in 4 days time.

ayup, As is typical with campaigns in the Warships title WG managed to cut the last TEN hours (4AM to 2PM CST - 10AM to 8PM GMT) off the final Invasion weekend.

At server restart (longer than the normal 15'ish minutes) the hangar counter reset for Attrition and locked out all of the Westwall missions but continued with the Invasion mode until the (66) hours had been reached.

I guess it's one way to sell certificates or containers (for ships) during WG's time limited events, even if it is (probably, right....) unintentionally underhanded.

I'd also think that no one should wait until after server reset for the last Attrition weekend to buy or use certificates; definitely do either before that hits and DON'T count on getting the last eight hours of play time.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 04 April 2018 - 06:06 PM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

FreeFOXMIKE #4 Posted 03 April 2018 - 04:22 PM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 2860 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND
this time the missions in game were filled with many "bugs" sad to say.

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users