• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

SpiritFoxMY #21 Posted 11 April 2018 - 01:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2174 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostCraigoWarhawk, on 10 April 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

Howdy! I just downloaded WoWP last night and got in about 9 flights. My one question (for now) is this:

How do I message other players? I came back to the hangar after my last round and a message popped up from someone asking if I was new. I was going to reply, then the messaging window disappeared. I couldn't find it anywhere! This must be something simple that I've just missed, but how do I get the messaging window to come up so I can reply to others if I don't catch it immediately?

I'm running this on an iMac and currently using a mouse. The last flying I did was in some of the classic old titles from Jane's, like WWII Fighters, ATF Gold, and USAF. Anyway, I'm glad to have found this title!

Thanks.

If you can remember his name, you can search for him in the player's list at the bottom left corner of the screen. Alternatively, if you were just in a game with him, pull up the game results screen (bottom RIGHT of the screen), right click his name and select "private chat"

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

MafiaMatt #22 Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:27 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2741 battles

Basic Tips for the Fresh Meat:

- Configure controls for Flaps, Pitch, and etc (faster turns)

- Learn when to brake and boost

- Decide to fight or flight

- Pay Attention to Mini-Map to see the direction of enemy planes that might attack you

- Discern Humans from Bots (Humans are more stubborn and will chase you like zombies - Deal with them first if you can)

- Buy high-quality Fudge (Always use Universal Ammo)

- Deliver Fudge accurately to the Enemy (Gauge with distance and where the plane might move next (removed the circle when the game went through complete reformat)

- Know when to burst fire Fudge and when to cool off

If you can do all of the above, you're better than the majority of the players here.  The key to victory is being tenacious and delivering as much fudge as you can!

trikke #23 Posted 11 April 2018 - 12:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2029 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
well, i do enjoy fudge, so...   i'll try your brand
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

POORBOY #24 Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:58 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1562 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on 30 March 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

1) is Friendly Fire a thing?

YES IT IS. There is no audio and very little visual feedback to let you know that you are damaging friendlies. But you CAN friendly fire. Friendly fire is reduced in its damage to a fraction of what you would do to an enemy, but you can and will damage friendlies if you shoot at them. I have been set on fire by someone who thought it would be funny to spray me with machine gun fire at the start of a match. And, as some people have mentioned, friendlies ram each other all the time. You'll definitely feel that.

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on 30 March 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

2) In WoT there are consumables and components/modules.

Consumables would be like "food", which are used at the start of the battle and give crew bonus, you pay credits every time you hip battle.

Components/modules would be like "vertical-stabilizer", which you buy one time and then forever increase the gun handling.

Does WoWP have Components/modules (one time purchases) that increase airplane handling?

Yes. Almost identically to WoT, there are rechargeable consumables. Just like WoT, you can have a first-aid kit and a fire extinguisher. There are also some consumables that will boost your XP and credit gain at the end of the battle.

Unlike WoT, there are two types of premium ammunition that are not available for purchase with credits, and are purchasable only with gold. There is only one type of ammunition available for credits, called Universal ammo, which increases your critical hit chance.

There are also equipment modules to increase performance, just like WoT. Just like consumables, many are identical to WoT, such as the improved gas tank that will reduce fire chance, etc. However, unlike WoT, some equipment can even increase your plane's HP. Choice of equipment is really up to each player's preference, but there's a good guide over on WoWP's reddit with suggestions to what equipment to mount on each plane.

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on 02 April 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

I'm guessing

Turn and Burn means an aircraft with good maneuverability that can dogfight and

Boom and Zoom means more of a hit-n-run away platform?

Yes? No?

Any other terms?

Another term would be energy fighting. It's somewhat like a mix of the two, but it would be wrong to say that it's in-between them. It's honestly very complicated and it would do you good to read about aerial maneuvers. A gross oversimplification of energy fighting is: if a turnfighter would win a horizontal engagement, an energy fighter would win a vertical engagement. It's extremely situational, and you need to know how to deal with each specific scenario accordingly.

gobblegobble

Gobling.

MafiaMatt #25 Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:16 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2741 battles

View Posttrikke, on 11 April 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

well, i do enjoy fudge, so...   i'll try your brand

Then, let me find you in battle to deliver the fudge!

RandomPauI #26 Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:27 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1786 battles
  • [PANSY] PANSY
Are there any plans to do anything with clans? Battles, contests, etc?

SonicPariah #27 Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:10 PM

Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 416 battles
  • [WGATX] WGATX

View PostRandomPauI, on 17 April 2018 - 01:27 AM, said:

Are there any plans to do anything with clans? Battles, contests, etc?

Clans already exist, all you have to do is find a good one! As for Clan Events, that might be possible!

Battles and Contests? Certainly, we just have to get fully back up to speed after the office change.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users