More noob Qs

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

MacDaddyMatty #1 Posted 30 March 2018 - 06:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 443 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

1) is Friendly Fire a thing?

2) In WoT there are consumables and components/modules.

Consumables would be like "food", which are used at the start of the battle and give crew bonus, you pay credits every time you hip battle.

Components/modules would be like "vertical-stabilizer", which you buy one time and then forever increase the gun handling.

Does WoWP have Components/modules (one time purchases) that increase airplane handling?

3) can you shot down the rockets that are fired from the military bases?

More soon.

Thanks!

▌▌ clanDDAY.com  ▌▌

A bunch of WoT players who occasionally get shot up by bots in WoWP:

▌▌  WoWP Clan   ▌▌

NovaTempest #2 Posted 30 March 2018 - 07:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1302 battles

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on 30 March 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

2) In WoT there are consumables and components/modules.

Consumables would be like "food", which are used at the start of the battle and give crew bonus, you pay credits every time you hip battle.

Components/modules would be like "vertical-stabilizer", which you buy one time and then forever increase the gun handling.

Does WoWP have Components/modules (one time purchases) that increase airplane handling?

3) can you shot down the rockets that are fired from the military bases?

More soon.

Thanks!

1) While it is possible to hit friendly planes with bullets, I have seen they don't take damage, in earlier versions, you could damage friendlies with your weapons fire. The only way you can now that I know of is in collisions. (And the game is very lenient with penalizing/compensating on that, Im not even sure that system still exists anymore.)

2) There are 3 Upgrades which enhance maneuverability (if that's what you are after), Enhanced flaps for anything that isn't a multirole or standard fighter, Lightweight Airframe and Control surface Adjustment are available for fighters and multirole fighters. A general rule of thumb is to slap the latter two on any fighter / Multirole fighter with a maneuverability i would say over 75. If it is under 75, I just slap lightweight airframe on, as it already does the job of Control surface Adjustment, but with all axes, not just in turns. Enhanced Flaps I would only put on any other aircraft type if its maneuverability rating is 30 or higher.

3) No. They are based off the V-2 Rockets (in fact that is the model the rockets in game use) used in WWII by nazi germany, which Britain found No method of shooting down. Mainly because it traveled roughly at the speed of sound on approach IIRC, mach 2 at most.

Edited by NovaTempest, 30 March 2018 - 07:36 PM.

pyantoryng #3 Posted 30 March 2018 - 07:11 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1469 battles

You REALLY need to go out of your way to friendly fire...the most probable cause of friendly fire tend to be by way of accidental collisions rather than stray gunfire. Bullets never have eyes...and it still holds true in WoWP.

There are no such thing as food in WoWP...never has been. There are consumables that increases your plane turning speed (for 10 sec - only useful when you need that little boost to outturn and kill your enemy in a turnfight) and upgrade module that improves your maneuverability...one of those, Improved Flaps, is not complex so you can mount/demount as you please.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

MacDaddyMatty #4 Posted 30 March 2018 - 07:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 443 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Thanks for the replies!

FF: Cool. I've been laying off the trigger when behind a bandit and a friendly swoops in-between us.

Modules: I'm not really interested in adding consumables to my planes, or things I have to manually activate...

but I do want to add onetime purchases that work automatically and improve my chances in the air.

Especially on my ME-109TL and A-26.

Any advice there would be appreciated!

▌▌ clanDDAY.com  ▌▌

▌▌  WoWP Clan   ▌▌

pyantoryng #5 Posted 30 March 2018 - 07:38 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1469 battles

Enhance your strength, not patch your weakness. That's the way in Planes, for the most part.

The three square slots in the upgrade tab is where upgrades go in, like Tanks. Just remember that improved flaps are limited to heavy planes (heavy fighter, attack aircraft, and bomber) , while the other two maneuverability upgrades are limited to light planes. (fighters and multiroles).

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

NovaTempest #6 Posted 30 March 2018 - 07:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1302 battles

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on 30 March 2018 - 07:24 PM, said:

Thanks for the replies!

FF: Cool. I've been laying off the trigger when behind a bandit and a friendly swoops in-between us.

Modules: I'm not really interested in adding consumables to my planes, or things I have to manually activate...

but I do want to add onetime purchases that work automatically and improve my chances in the air.

Especially on my ME-109TL and A-26.

Any advice there would be appreciated!

For the TL, even though I do not own one, I would recommend lightweight airframe + Control Surface Adjustment OR Aircraft Polish, along with Engine Tuning. Thats my best guess.

For the A-26, it is probably the most heavily-armed bomber in terms of machine guns around its tier, I would go for Turret stabilization for sure. i would also recommend Concealing Livery so you don't get chewed up by base AA as easily. The third slot you can go with Engine Tuning, Bomb Sight, or Reinforced Airframe IMHO.

Another thing to note is that various crew skills go hand-in-hand with the upgrades nicely, I would advise you take a look at them as well.

Edited by NovaTempest, 30 March 2018 - 07:45 PM.

LMG #7 Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1641 battles
Btw, while there is no way to destroy the Military Base missile, it can damage your aircraft if you're flying near the impact point. I think someone also said it can hit you mid-flight as well
This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Worland #8 Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:46 PM

Master Sergeant

• 436 battles
I've tried to shoot down the V2s several times when I was right next to their trajectory. No indication I was doing anything to them. Wasted ammo. Though, one killed me once when it hit the base and I was right next to the explosion. Like getting killed by a bomb when I chase ground attack aircraft too closely.

When I first starting playing, I could swear human teammates had shot me down from behind when I was in their way to hit an enemy plane. So, I've always backed off firing when a friendly was in my way.

Cenotaph #9 Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2450 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on 30 March 2018 - 10:55 AM, said:

For some, it's a way of life... there's a certain player who will TK you for the rest of the match, if he decided you "poached" his kills.

As sharp as his teeth are (or, 1 might be), his mind sure is dull....

Edited by Cenotaph, 30 March 2018 - 10:09 PM.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

ExploratorOne #10 Posted 30 March 2018 - 11:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1643 battles
  • [LOU1] LOU1

View PostLMG, on 30 March 2018 - 04:37 PM, said:

Btw, while there is no way to destroy the Military Base missile, it can damage your aircraft if you're flying near the impact point. I think someone also said it can hit you mid-flight as well

The missiles can do friendly fire, though.  I have been damaged by missiles from our base while working over a target in my GAA.  I now pay close attention to the targeting square the missile base puts on a target and stay away from that target.

LMG #11 Posted 30 March 2018 - 11:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1641 battles

View PostExploratorOne, on 30 March 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

The missiles can do friendly fire, though.  I have been damaged by missiles from our base while working over a target in my GAA.  I now pay close attention to the targeting square the missile base puts on a target and stay away from that target.

Odd, I haven't taken damage from friendly missiles. I do know my bombs often scratch my paint, though

Martymart1976 #12 Posted 31 March 2018 - 12:10 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2727 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostCenotaph, on 30 March 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

For some, it's a way of life... there's a certain player who will TK you for the rest of the match, if he decided you "poached" his kills.

As sharp as his teeth are (or, 1 might be), his mind sure is dull....

Yes, you have to be Sharp so his Teeth don't clamp unto you 1 day...

SpiritFoxMY #13 Posted 31 March 2018 - 12:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1904 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Just a note on consumables - Heavy Fighters, Ground Attackers and light/multirole fighters all get a different consumable option: while the consumable for lights and multiroles temporarily boosts their turning, the Heavies get a consumable that adds something like 10 seconds extra boost while Ground Attackers get one that immediately cools off their weapons.

I do wish we had an option to mount all those on any plane we wanted but that's how it is for now

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

comtedumas #14 Posted 31 March 2018 - 11:01 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 4222 battles
  • [FK] FK
There are a few team killers out there I have run into one just the other day.  He didn’t survive the second attempt.  

Cloud_1 #15 Posted 31 March 2018 - 12:34 PM

Senior Airman

• 1420 battles

View PostLMG, on 30 March 2018 - 09:37 PM, said:

This ^ I was actually hit with one and game over ( that is back to spawn point)

MacDaddyMatty #16 Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 443 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

All good stuff, thanks!!

another Q...

Turn and Burn and Boom and Zoom are terms I've heard.

I'm guessing

Turn and Burn means an aircraft with good maneuverability that can dogfight and

Boom and Zoom means more of a hit-n-run away platform?

Yes? No?

Any other terms?

▌▌ clanDDAY.com  ▌▌

▌▌  WoWP Clan   ▌▌

Doc_Ebs #17 Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:18 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1004 battles
  • [FPOA] FPOA

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on 02 April 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

All good stuff, thanks!!

another Q...

I'm guessing

Yes? No?

Any other terms?

Yes. TnB and BnZ you have that right. If you plan to follow the posts you might read up on some flyboy jargon as they do get thrown around quite often if you are unfamiliar with them. 

LMG #18 Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1641 battles

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on 02 April 2018 - 09:09 AM, said:

All good stuff, thanks!!

another Q...

I'm guessing

Yes? No?

Any other terms?

I call ground pounders any aircraft that focuses on destroying ground targets, like GAAs and Bombers. I made a whole glossary of ground pounding terms on my GAA Basics guide, so feel free to check it out if you ever feel like pounding some ground

Dru83 #19 Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:10 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1947 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

MacDaddyMatty said:

Yup, that's right. It doesn't mean you're limited to just that playstyle, but that that is what the aircraft is best at. For example, the Spitfire, a TnB plane can be used as a BnZ plane against other turn planes like the Zero.

TnB = Most Japanese planes, Spitfires, Hurricanes, Yak-1 line, La-5 line, low tier Russian planes, most tier 1, 2, and 3 planes

Note that some TnB planes turn better than others, for example, the Hurricane and La line are out turned by most other TnB fighters.

BnZ = Most American planes, Most German planes, Mig-3 line, pretty much all heavy fighters

Some BnZ planes are better in horizontal flight, like the FW-190s and some are better in the vertical, like the Mustang and Bf109.

CraigoWarhawk #20 Posted 10 April 2018 - 04:08 PM

Airman Basic

• 26 battles

Howdy! I just downloaded WoWP last night and got in about 9 flights. My one question (for now) is this:

How do I message other players? I came back to the hangar after my last round and a message popped up from someone asking if I was new. I was going to reply, then the messaging window disappeared. I couldn't find it anywhere! This must be something simple that I've just missed, but how do I get the messaging window to come up so I can reply to others if I don't catch it immediately?

I'm running this on an iMac and currently using a mouse. The last flying I did was in some of the classic old titles from Jane's, like WWII Fighters, ATF Gold, and USAF. Anyway, I'm glad to have found this title!

Thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users