New Player Questions

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

LeastWeasel #21 Posted 30 April 2018 - 06:25 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 748 battles

Welcome to the fray, Cirran! And like people are saying - flight up; great way to learn. If someone murders you in the skies after squall, don’t be afraid to ask for tips if they’re flying a line you want to grind. Even beyond skill, as you go higher in tiers, there will be plane vs. plane matchups you would just be better off avoiding - so get used to using your Alt key & map to gather intel before you go in to a hot zone.

A huge part of being successful & contributing to a win revolves around choosing your fights - take the ones you can win quickly! So as you are learning, try to take fights away from player-controlled planes - make your impact, and only move on experienced players when it looks like you’ve got an advantage.

The skill gaps aren’t as huge as you’d think - a lot just comes down to players knowing the right timings to an engagement. You’ll get there! 

Edited by LeastWeasel, 30 April 2018 - 06:30 PM.

CorvusCorvax #22 Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1478 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostLMG, on 30 April 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

Personally idk how they would control it without blocking off access completely, and that can cause many problems by itself

Maybe on the basis of battles fought and W/L ratio.  If I have a lot of battles, and have a decent W/L, I can buy my T4 plane directly without having to grind 1-3.  But if I want to climb some Japanese line that I'm interested in, and have zero time in Japanese planes, I have to start from T1 and grind them.  That means some T1 n00bs gonna get clubbed.  No, it isn't fair.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users